Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 22-01-2013, 21:14
dixiewhiskey
Forum Member

I met Hunter from Gladiators when I was a nipper. I hit him on the head with an inflatable hammer. He re-adjusted his hair, them told me I should be on Gladiators.
dixiewhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-01-2013, 21:25
basdfg
Forum Member

My parents saw Julie Andrews filming a Christmas show in Austria years back and said she was rude. I've met tony Blair and Lord Coe both briefly.
basdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 22:31
Glenn A
Forum Member

My dad met Ted Heath in the nineties outside his home in Salisbury. Seemed pleasant enough as the brief encounter was apolitical, but I wonder how Ted would have reacted if my dad asked him about his nemesis?
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 23:05
DavetheScot
Forum Member

My dad met Ted Heath in the nineties outside his home in Salisbury. Seemed pleasant enough as the brief encounter was apolitical, but I wonder how Ted would have reacted if my dad asked him about his nemesis?
Interestingly, it seems hard to find anyone, regardless of their politics, who liked Ted Heath. I read a review of a new biography of him a year or two ago; the reviewer said that the author had obviously gone to great pains to write as sympathetic an account as possible and he still came over as obnoxious.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 23:16
Lizaj
Forum Member

I met Margaret Rutherford when I was a teenager. She was appearing at the Liverpool Playhouse with John Neville,Anna and Raymond Massey,Ralph Richardson. They were all charming and prepared to sign autogrpahs in the pouring rain for 2 sodden schoolgirls but Margaret came out last and insisted we went back inside the stage door with her as "You two little girls are getting soaked" She flung her tapestry wrap over her shoulder ( just like Miss Marple) and hugged us. What a gem!
Jimmy Tarbuck I met when he was very young comic when he had almost rock star status in Liverpool and he was lovely and patient with a gang of screaming girls. Ton O'Connor is another nice man.I've seen Steve Gerrrard a few times and he always seems to have time for his young fans allowing them to take photos.A member of my family has met him regualry and says he is always pleasant ( despite the rucus he was involved in a few years back) . Same member of the family has met Jordan ( say no more..tiny though) but said James Hewitt is truly a charmer and David Guest ( who another friend has met and agrees) may look weird but was absolutely lovely.
Lizaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 23:19
Lizaj
Forum Member

Interestingly, it seems hard to find anyone, regardless of their politics, who liked Ted Heath. I read a review of a new biography of him a year or two ago; the reviewer said that the author had obviously gone to great pains to write as sympathetic an account as possible and he still came over as obnoxious.
My cousin and a friend have both met Tony Benn and say he is the nicest and most intelligent of men.
My sister met Maggie Thatcher who thrust her handbag at her to carry and Princess Margaret who stubbed out her ciggie in the saucer of the bone china tea cup specially provided for her.
Old 22-01-2013, 23:27
Lizaj
Forum Member

A few years back I was in a music video with The Coral , a Merseyside group who were very successful at the time. We had a great day, totally mad and they were gorgeous young men. When my exploits got back to the students in our Sixth Form , there wasa lot of knocking on my clasroom door asking if it was truly me on that video LOL
Old 23-01-2013, 06:45
clareiow
Forum Member

I believe my mum met Ted Heath when she was trying to get a housing transfer to where we currently live. He was our local MP and took up her case personally with the local authorities to ensure she got the move she needed ( she was really ill and wanted to be closer to her parents).
From what I recall mum said he was a lovely man.
clareiow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 08:57
welshexile1963
Forum Member

I have met and drunk with most of The Stranglers and they are all really nice people despite their image/reputation!!
welshexile1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 13:53
culttvfan
Forum Member

A friend of mine works as a volunteer for her local conservation trust. A few years ago Kate Humble and Ellie Harrison (Countryfile) visited them with a camera crew. Ellie Harrison was extremely nice, chatted with everyone and really got stuck into the work, but Kate Humble certainly didn't live up to her name, very aloof and unfriendly, all smiles whilst the cameras were rolling, but as soon as they stopped, tools down and back to her van without so much as a word to the volunteers.

Just shows you can't always go by someone's public image.
culttvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 13:58
Electra
Forum Member

I have met and drunk with most of The Stranglers and they are all really nice people despite their image/reputation!!
I met them all back in 1977 & they were all tossers (esp Jet Black), apart from Dave Greenfield, who was lovely.
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:06
darzog
Forum Member

William G. Stewart
Dermot O'Leary
Xander Armstrong
Richard Osman
Seb Coe
Mary Peters
Pat Crerand (Man Utd. legend)

All absolutely lovely...without exception

A friend of mine also speaks very highly of Roger Black and Neil Pearson
darzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 16:53
cotton tail
Forum Member

My uncle met Richard Todd while he was filming The Dambusters a very very long time ago. He waved him away with a cry of 'I cant work with these distractions' - every time that film comes on now its met with a chorus of that phrase!
cotton tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:05
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

I believe my mum met Ted Heath when she was trying to get a housing transfer to where we currently live. He was our local MP and took up her case personally with the local authorities to ensure she got the move she needed ( she was really ill and wanted to be closer to her parents).
From what I recall mum said he was a lovely man.
Oh how little your mum knew. Just don't ask about the kids that Savile used to round up for Heath's weekends away.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:58
SuperDude95
Forum Member

has anyone ever met any of the royals?
I've met Prince Charles I was only seven at the time so don't really remember what he was like.
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 23:53
Mallaha
Forum Member

A few years back I was in a music video with The Coral , a Merseyside group who were very successful at the time. We had a great day, totally mad and they were gorgeous young men. When my exploits got back to the students in our Sixth Form , there wasa lot of knocking on my clasroom door asking if it was truly me on that video LOL
Two of The Coral used to bully my friend's brother at school.
Mallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:22
Pizzatheaction
Forum Member

...and a short lived show called "Whatever Next" hosted by Noel Edmonds...
I watched that.
Pizzatheaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 01:42
Smithy1204
Forum Member

Met McFly back in about 2004, so they must have been about 17 or 18ish? Really nice guys, very friendly. As were the boys from D-Side, another pop band from back then.

A mention for Jimmy Carr also. Didn't actually meet him, but went to see him on Saturday and he stayed behind after the gig to go out into the foyer, do signings and have some drinks. My brother says he generally does it, and he came across as a very nice guy.
Smithy1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 04:00
Conehead
Forum Member

Keith lemon. Came into my local and bought drinks for everyone all evening. Even did his russian dancing on the bar. Top bloke.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 04:26
whatever54
Forum Member

Keith lemon. Came into my local and bought drinks for everyone all evening. Even did his russian dancing on the bar. Top bloke.
haha I'm not a fan but sounds amusing. I met Max from Brookside and Gary Glitter, both very nice (Max commented on me being quite drunk but I was).
My friend once saw Ross Kemp in the street (a while after he'd left Eastenders) said 'Alright Grant'
he gave a laugh and said 'not anymore mate'
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 06:12
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

Matt Baker at a country show, what a tool and will forever be known as the guy who is the C*** in the country.

Helen Skelton, for those who have not heard of her then you are very fortunate, dim blue Peter presenter once upon a time, not very articulate away from cameras and is very dense and ignorant. She farts like a horse that has had something crawl up its ass and die.

Cilla Black, eaten in the same restaurant as her, vile nasty disgusting woman, the way she treated the waitress was not acceptable, if I was her and had that attitude then I'd never ever eat out again.

Joan Collins, very nice made sure we were treated to a free meal after we graciously gave away our table for her and her guest, and ensured a note expressing her thanks was sent round to the hotel.

Cherrie Blair, vile excuse for a woman, saw her spit on the back of a young girls head at a charity function back in 2008, again if I was her I'd never eat/have drink out ever again.

Sir Roger Moore, don't give respect to those that have titles normally but for this gent I do, saw his one man show, witty, charming and attentive to all.
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 06:28
Smiffy
Forum Member

So you are the one!!!

(It was crap (with a capital C))
Smiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 06:54
shirlt9
Forum Member

A friend of mine works as a volunteer for her local conservation trust. A few years ago Kate Humble and Ellie Harrison (Countryfile) visited them with a camera crew. Ellie Harrison was extremely nice, chatted with everyone and really got stuck into the work, but Kate Humble certainly didn't live up to her name, very aloof and unfriendly, all smiles whilst the cameras were rolling, but as soon as they stopped, tools down and back to her van without so much as a word to the volunteers.

Just shows you can't always go by someone's public image.
Complete opposite..we met kate Humble at Longleat whilst visiting..she couldnt have been nicer and no cameras rolling..she must have spent nearly 10 minutes with our children answering their questions..my eldest knew about every animal at longleat due to the TV series and she seemd genuinely interested whilst talking to them..she was lovely..I was just gutted I didnt see Ben Fogle..lol
shirlt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 09:05
Westy2
Forum Member

Matt Baker at a country show, what a tool and will forever be known as the guy who is the C*** in the country.

Helen Skelton, for those who have not heard of her then you are very fortunate, dim blue Peter presenter once upon a time, not very articulate away from cameras and is very dense and ignorant. She farts like a horse that has had something crawl up its ass and die.

Cilla Black, eaten in the same restaurant as her, vile nasty disgusting woman, the way she treated the waitress was not acceptable, if I was her and had that attitude then I'd never ever eat out again.

Joan Collins, very nice made sure we were treated to a free meal after we graciously gave away our table for her and her guest, and ensured a note expressing her thanks was sent round to the hotel.

Cherrie Blair, vile excuse for a woman, saw her spit on the back of a young girls head at a charity function back in 2008, again if I was her I'd never eat/have drink out ever again.

Sir Roger Moore, don't give respect to those that have titles normally but for this gent I do, saw his one man show, witty, charming and attentive to all.
To be fair, Helen Skelton does get a point in my book for the charity challenges shes done(Chille in a canoe ISTR).

Mind you, everytime I see her & Bleakley on the box , I always shout 'Its the WAG!' LOL
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 09:27
mike1948
Forum Member

haha I'm not a fan but sounds amusing. I met Max from Brookside and Gary Glitter, both very nice (Max commented on me being quite drunk but I was).
My friend once saw Ross Kemp in the street (a while after he'd left Eastenders) said 'Alright Grant'
he gave a laugh and said 'not anymore mate'
A friend of mine rented a property to Gary Glitter in the 1980s, long before he damaged his reputation irreparably. Although much older, she got on very well with him, fiinding him to be a considerate tenant.
mike1948 is offline   Reply With Quote