Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

HELP WANTED - Regarding recordings of Michael Barrymore

Old 20-01-2013, 23:44
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

I am currently looking for recordings of Michael Barrymore. I am looking for his appearances on My Kind Of People, Barrymore on Broadway, My Kind of Music, Barrymore, Kids Say The Funniest Things, Bob Martin Strike it Lucky or any other recordings. If anyone on here has an old Vhs tape that contains a Barrymore show on them, would you be willing to part with or copy them, I will pay good money for recordings of Michael Barrymore shows from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Please help.
Barrymorefan is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-01-2013, 21:19
sparkle22
Forum Member

you should try gumtree or preloved which are second hand sites you need to posted in the wanted section.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 22:51
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Don't know if it's DVD's of live shows you're looking for but here's one.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...edictable.html

And another

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 00:27
waz101
Forum Member

Why do I think you're a "researcher" doing a Channel 4/5 hatchet job on Barrymore? (Joined yesterday?) Bit of a lazy way to earn your living!
waz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 16:22
sillygirl123
Forum Member

I have his autograph if you want it - on a programme when I saw him in Nottingham Theatre Royal in the '80s
sillygirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 20:52
Fat Buddha
Forum Member

It was Barrymore who came up with the original idea for the reality show "Splash"
Fat Buddha is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 20:54
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

I have his autograph if you want it - on a programme when I saw him in Nottingham Theatre Royal in the '80s
I'd love to take that off your hands, how much are you looking for? I'll give you a good price.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:55
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

Why do I think you're a "researcher" doing a Channel 4/5 hatchet job on Barrymore? (Joined yesterday?) Bit of a lazy way to earn your living!
I'm just a fan of Michael Barrymore and I want to see some of his old shows again, it's been a long time!
Old 22-01-2013, 21:09
Dean Dare
Forum Member

I'm just a fan of Michael Barrymore and I want to see some of his old shows again, it's been a long time!
No where near long enough though,

He always was a talentless tosser
Dean Dare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 21:20
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

I disagree, he was very popular in his day and was the king of Itv. He was adored by all generations and had the ability to make people laugh. I'm sure your opinion would be totally different if the Lubbock incident hadn't have happened.
Old 22-01-2013, 21:32
misslibertine
Forum Member

It was Barrymore who came up with the original idea for the reality show "Splash"
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 21:34
Microkorg
Forum Member

Mine wouldn't
Always a smug nasty individual.
His "comedy" consisted of ripping the pee out of people who could not answer back

Vile man thankfully no longer invading our screens
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 22:14
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

I could never stand him even before the Lubbock business.

A comic who made his living using audience members as a part of his act and humiliating them onstage.

Still, each to his own.....
Old 22-01-2013, 22:39
Westy2
Forum Member

I could never stand him even before the Lubbock business.

A comic who made his living using audience members as a part of his act and humiliating them onstage.

Still, each to his own.....
If the Lubbock business hadn't happened, would he still be around today?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 22:42
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

If the Lubbock business hadn't happened, would he still be around today?
Even if it hadn't, I think his style of comedy would be considered outdated these days and he wouldn't be on TV any more.
Old 23-01-2013, 00:39
puffenstuff
Forum Member

michael barrymore was A HUGE star, you cannot take that away from him , you cant rewrite history with the justification that you never liked him anyway, he WAS top of his game for years and this country ADORED HIM
puffenstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 00:54
ItsRyanYall
Forum Member

Mine wouldn't
Always a smug nasty individual.
His "comedy" consisted of ripping the pee out of people who could not answer back

Vile man thankfully no longer invading our screens
I remember the video that circulated of him taking the mic out of Susan Boyle whilst she was singing surfaced
ItsRyanYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 01:02
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

michael barrymore was A HUGE star, you cannot take that away from him , you cant rewrite history with the justification that you never liked him anyway, he WAS top of his game for years and this country ADORED HIM
You could say the same of Hitler in Germany!
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:30
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Er, was I talking about 'rewriting history'? He's a comedian (well, in the eyes of some ) not a national figure. I don't happen to like him or his style of comedy which was based on the humiliation of audience members . So sue me.

As I said, even if the Lubbock affair hadn't happened, I doubt he'd be on TV today as his act and comedy style are out dated.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:40
puffenstuff
Forum Member

You could say the same of Hitler in Germany!

mwahahaha BRILLIANT
Old 23-01-2013, 09:42
puffenstuff
Forum Member

Er, was I talking about 'rewriting history'? He's a comedian (well, in the eyes of some ) not a national figure. I don't happen to like him or his style of comedy which was based on the humiliation of audience members . So sue me.

As I said, even if the Lubbock affair hadn't happened, I doubt he'd be on TV today as his act and comedy style are out dated.
i agree with everything youre saying here, but he was huge/national look at all theshows he had
Old 23-01-2013, 10:04
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

i agree with everything youre saying here, but he was huge/national look at all theshows he had
Because back in the day his comedy was in fashion and he was liked by the public.

I think he'd be battling personal demons regardless of the Lubbock business. He seems to have found it hard to come to terms with his sexuality - if indeed he is gay, and seems to have had alcohol problems too.
Old 23-01-2013, 10:41
misslibertine
Forum Member

Because back in the day his comedy was in fashion and he was liked by the public.

I think he'd be battling personal demons regardless of the Lubbock business. He seems to have found it hard to come to terms with his sexuality - if indeed he is gay, and seems to have had alcohol problems too.
He seemed a bit unstable when he did Celebrity Big Brother
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:58
IzzyS
Forum Member

He was definitely a big star at the time - I was trying to remember the name of the show he used to do on ITV at the weekends where he had warm up acts that were shown, one of which was Freddie Star. I'm thinking early to mid 90s at the latest...anyone any idea what it was called? I'm thinking it might have been on a Sunday evening (like before or after Heartbeat ) and there was alot of audience participation and I remember a really long sketch with Barrymore (or/and maybe a dance troupe or something?) involving some zany song to do with moles lol which isn't much to go on but I was fairly young at the time and ended up in fits of giggles - thats all I can remember(!). It was either that or Russ Abbot but im pretty sure it was Barrymore, Abbot was on a Monday evening wasn't he?

I remember watching a few episodes of whichever show that was but I don't have any recordings, sorry... (don't mind me(!)).
IzzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:00
Dean Dare
Forum Member

I disagree, he was very popular in his day and was the king of Itv. He was adored by all generations and had the ability to make people laugh. I'm sure your opinion would be totally different if the Lubbock incident hadn't have happened.
No it wouldn't
Dean Dare is offline   Reply With Quote