Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Old 23-01-2013, 09:28
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."
She should have said "That's okay, I don't talk to strangers." or just looked down her nose at her and said "Do you know who I am?"
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:38
lgwcm
Forum Member

liz hurley
dara o'briain
amy winehouse

nicest
micheal douglas
ciff richard
sarah ferguson
steve wright
tom daily
jessica ennis
lgwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:46
jonjons
Forum Member

Jim bardon wasnt nice when I met him at the soap awards red carpet and tried not to sign autographs even though that was the point

Graham Norton was very moody when I saw him

James Bourne from Busted I saw when i saw his theatre show and he was so drunk and rude, all I wanted was a picture jesus

---

John partridge always has time for everyone
I interviewed Liberty from Hollyoaks for my radio show and she was so nice!
jonjons is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:05
Utopian Girl
Forum Member

Years ago I used to work for British Rail & Bonnie Tyler was obnoxious - she was of the 'do you know who I am'? gang. Later I met a friend when we used to take our daughters to nursery and she said that BT used to go in to this posh hairdressers where she worked and she was dreaded there too.
Utopian Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:47
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

hitler.
elgransenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:04
spaniel-lover
Inactive Member

I wasn't impressed by Neil Morrissey or Frank Lampard, both rude.
spaniel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:06
spaniel-lover
Inactive Member

---

John partridge always has time for everyone
I interviewed Liberty from Hollyoaks for my radio show and she was so nice!
Is that the East Enders chap? He trains at the same gym as my fiance, they get chatting quite a lot.
Old 23-01-2013, 11:11
spaniel-lover
Inactive Member

I have met Jamie Oliver, who is a lovely person and very friendly. On a flight back to NY, I was seated next to jeremy clarkson and he was rude and obnoxious. And got drunk pretty quick and It was sickening to see him chat up the young stewardess who promptly moved to the other section to be replaced by a camp steward. That shut Jeremy up The people in our cabin pissed themselves laughing.
Wasn't JC is first class?
Old 23-01-2013, 11:16
barneyboy
Forum Member

My friend took part in Bargain Hunt a few years ago and the BBC were filming a "celebrity programme" at the same time. Julian Clary was one of the celebs and my friend said when they were filming the shopping part he was so stuck up and up himself and refused to sign autographs for people who recognised him.
When they filmed the Auction him and his Mother sat in the room set aside as the green room and didn't speak to or mingle with anyone, he filmed his bit of the Auction and then walked out with his nose in the air and hid away again.
He mightve been having a bad day, he was nice when I met him.
barneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:27
JeffG1
Forum Member

Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."
This seems to have triggered quite a few responses.

The ultimate put down would be "Why? Should I know you?".
JeffG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:37
777Eilidh
Forum Member

Gene Pitney (I just know the dead ones. lol) Wouldn't speak to anyone at the end of concert or sign any autographs. Right grumpy git so he was.
777Eilidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:53
julie2009
Forum Member

A friend of mine used to work for an airline in London and one day Jasper Carrott arrived as a passenger. He was held up by a delay in checking-in and commented to someone Do they realise who I am and shrugged his shoulders.

He also said that Dina Carroll is also an right diva - diva by name and diva by nature.

He did say the Man United team were lovely and very respectful
julie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:55
sqwidge1978
Forum Member

Jeremy Clarkson, met him while on duty at birmingham airport. Rude ignorant tosser..
So no different to his TV persona then
sqwidge1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:24
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

I have it on good authority that mr blobby is absolutely vile once the cameras stop running.
elgransenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:40
smilliekylie
Forum Member

Funny she was like that, as I've met her a few times in real life and Carol's always been charming. Plus on Twitter she replies and chats away quite happily to people.

Again maybe one of those days when a celeb is tired and just doesn't wanna know. Gee I'm like that on flights a lot of the time, especially if it's a work trip
smilliekylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:45
Elrond
Forum Member

On a posiive note, I sat next to the late Jill Dando on a shuttle flight to London, and she was lovely, friendly chatty and not at all "TV"ish.

I was in a shop in Manchester when Bernard Manning came in..He bought two bottles of scotch and wanted to pay by cheque. He wrote out the cheque, and the shopkeeper asked for his guarantee card to back up the cheque. Manning went mad at this "Do you know who I am? People don't cash my cheques, they frame them and put them on the wall to show that I've used their little back street shop!"

The shopkeeper wouldn't back down,and in the end Manning tore up the cheque and left without the scotch (maybe he didnt have a cheque guarantee card?)
Elrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:16
Majorkey
Forum Member

Oooo nasty, I always liked Carol, she was smiley

Carol should remember the adage 'be nice to the people you meet going up the ladder as you'll see them again on the way down'.
Majorkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:27
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Carol should remember the adage 'be nice to the people you meet going up the ladder as you'll see them again on the way down'.
or as my old boss used to say "The toes you step on today could be inside the boots you have to lick tomorrow."
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:36
gkmacca
Forum Member

Brian Blessed.
gkmacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:41
pjw1985
Forum Member

Well some suggest that David Jason is more like Frost than he is Del boy Or Granville or Pop Larkin
pjw1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:43
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

I've met Brian. He was lovely. Maybe he was just having an off day. Not long after he won Celeb Stars in their Eyes performing as Pavarotti, he did a signing in Milton Keynes shopping centre and sang Nessun Dorma. Whole place shook at the foundations.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:43
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

Funny she was like that, as I've met her a few times in real life and Carol's always been charming. Plus on Twitter she replies and chats away quite happily to people.

Again maybe one of those days when a celeb is tired and just doesn't wanna know. Gee I'm like that on flights a lot of the time, especially if it's a work trip
A chap I know who works in a catalogue shop once served Smillie. She was kept waiting, with everyone else, and uttered the immortal, 'I'm sorry, but do you know who I am?'
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:45
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I have it on good authority that mr blobby is absolutely vile once the cameras stop running.
So no different than when the cameras were on him, then!
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:48
Dai13371
Forum Member

I am sure some celebs are utter dicks in the flesh, but I am equally sure, especially those travelling are likely to be knackered, extremely irritable and just want to get home.
Dai13371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 14:49
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

Has anyone ever met Jean Marsh or Tony Robinson? They're two of the TV stars I really imagine to be delightful in person. Honor Blackman is another.
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote