Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Countdown - so much better these days!

Old 24-01-2013, 08:19
Old Bloke
Forum Member

How can people get upset because the numbers on a scoreboard look different?
Old Bloke is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:06
CherylFan
Forum Member

Closest I`ll ever get to a Countdown prize....closest I`ll ever get to Ms Riley too come to that....!
CherylFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:28
mel_drew
Forum Member

How can people get upset because the numbers on a scoreboard look different?
Because WE DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!

You're an Old Bloke. Surely you understand?

mel_drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 16:22
Nesta Robbins
Forum Member

Ahh Chris looks so much better! He was so peely-wally last time, like he was in need of a square meal, a good night's sleep and a hefty dose of vitamin D! Suzie looking glam today, and Rachel her usual stunning self of course - she's sneaking the tighter dresses on again, but you already knew that!
Nesta Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 16:57
kempshott
Forum Member

The new number generator does seem to like the 300-range.
kempshott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 18:10
Ocado
Forum Member

As said, I cannot abide change. I suppose eventually it will grow on me. Knowing my luck, just as I get used to it they'll change again.
Ocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 08:07
Old Bloke
Forum Member

Because WE DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!

You're an Old Bloke. Surely you understand?

'Old' is a relative term! Anyway, 'Old, and set in me ways'
I ain't!
Old 26-01-2013, 11:02
steviex
Forum Member

He seems a lot friskier this week with Margaret Mountford, his oppo from The Apprentice, being the guest. Shes actually quite funny compared to her previous tv persona
If she never appears again on the programme it'll be too soon, can't stand the woman!

For a lot of the time during the last two episodes she just sat there like a lemon, doodling or pretending to write something while Suzy offered alternative words, not even bothering to look up!

When will the producers realise that some of these so called personalities have no personality at all and no ability to converse with the show's proceedings.

Being a friend of the presenter is no excuse.
steviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 12:20
pinkyponk34
Inactive Member

If she never appears again on the programme it'll be too soon, can't stand the woman!

For a lot of the time during the last two episodes she just sat there like a lemon, doodling or pretending to write something while Suzy offered alternative words, not even bothering to look up!

When will the producers realise that some of these so called personalities have no personality at all and no ability to converse with the show's proceedings.

Being a friend of the presenter is no excuse.
Agreed, I don't know how much they get for a day's work but is showing a bit of interest and enthusiasm too much to ask ?
A good guest can make all the difference to the show, people like Paul Zenon, Tim Vine and Geoffrey Durham [ he hasn't been on for a while ].
pinkyponk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 14:52
Ocado
Forum Member

No. Absolutely no. Zenon and Vine are horrible, I cannot watch Countdown whilst they are on. I agree though, Margaret wasn't that good. I'd like to see some of the old ones back, like Tom O' Connor, Digance, Wakeman. Even Brandreth was better when he was on last year.
Ocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 22:12
Groundhog
Forum Member

Thought it was amusing last Thursday when BNP came up and the contestant paused to think so RR said "hurry up!" then it went BNPEAT and she said "this could be an interesting message...(!)"

Her dresses are nothing like as short or as revealing as they used to be (if you don't believe me look at youtube!). Has she been told to cover up? Or was she uncomfortable before? Maybe she read the comments sections below the videos.......(!)........
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 22:20
Old Bloke
Forum Member

Thought it was amusing last Thursday when BNP came up and the contestant paused to think so RR said "hurry up!" then it went BNPEAT and she said "this could be an interesting message...(!)"
Don't know if you noticed, but after that, the next choice of letters started with NF
Old 28-01-2013, 16:55
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Outstanding effort from Rachel today! One of her best.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 17:36
valkay
Forum Member

Yes she seemed to have a twinkle in her eye, perhaps she had her oats.
valkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 17:36
CherylFan
Forum Member

I`ll second that. Very figure-hugging (and what a figure to hug).
CherylFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 10:53
steviex
Forum Member

Yes, I also thought Rachel looked gorgeous yesterday, even though her dress was a tad too long.

It was quite funny during one of the rounds when the first 3 letters came out as "LFC" and she had a quick grimace, I'll forgive her though.
steviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 11:04
The Gatherer
Inactive Member

No. Absolutely no. Zenon and Vine are horrible, I cannot watch Countdown whilst they are on. I agree though, Margaret wasn't that good. I'd like to see some of the old ones back, like Tom O' Connor, Digance, Wakeman. Even Brandreth was better when he was on last year.
Sadly I think Tom is past it - he was interviewed on something recently and looked quite ill. Yes, wish Digance would come back, but as for Wakeman, they'd be better off having a plank of wood sitting next to Susie, it would have more personality. But Zenon and Vine are certainly not horrible, easily two of the best guests.
The Gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 11:37
pinkyponk34
Inactive Member

But Zenon and Vine are certainly not horrible, easily two of the best guests.
Plus Suzi gets a bit giggly and makes luvee eyes at Paul when he's on, I think she'd ravish him on the desk given half a chance.
pinkyponk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 16:54
Mudbox
Forum Member

why is Mark Foster always appearing on Countdown?

He seems to think way too much of himself.
Mudbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 22:49
grauniad
Forum Member

RR is definitely wearing less 'attractive' clothes, and it seems that the camera is going in closer, cutting off her lower legs. Coupled with the wishy-washy colour of the whole set, it's a turn for the worse.
grauniad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 01:39
AJRevitt
Inactive Member

IIRC, Wakeman said he would never appear again after the way they "treated" Carol.
AJRevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 01:46
Bushmills
Forum Member

Caught it today for the first time in ages. It's crap.
Bushmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 09:32
boksbox
Forum Member

IIRC, Wakeman said he would never appear again after the way they "treated" Carol.
I used to be a fan of Carol's and thought the show would suffer but I'm fickle Rachael all the way for me now..
boksbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 09:43
jamtamara
Forum Member

Plus Suzi gets a bit giggly and makes luvee eyes at Paul when he's on, I think she'd ravish him on the desk given half a chance.
You can just imagine Nik saying "Now then, Susi, Paul, concentrate."

Oh I switched on the show recently where Rachel was giggling, hence the above comment. What happened to give her the giggles?
jamtamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 09:44
Brynley James
Forum Member

The very worst dictionary corner guest was Jo Brand. Making up words was a good joke the first time she did it but a whole week of it was excruciating.

I agree that Margaret Mountford was dull. I'd love to see Ian Hislop do it.
Brynley James is offline   Reply With Quote