Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

People sneaking in to films at the cinema

Old 24-01-2013, 17:47
thomasDrooney
Forum Member

Have you ever seen it happen?
I did during an unfortunate showing of Paranormal Activity 4 (I say unfortunate because the film was crap ) as a group of idiots came running in to the cinema around 20 minutes before the end of the film and made a massive scene of it. Me and my mate didn't report it (he wouldn't let me miss any of the film, despite me telling him multiple times that I thought it was crap and didn't care if I missed it) but when we left the group were cornered by two members of staff and a very p*ssed off man who had walked out about a couple of minutes before the idiots had run in, so we didn't need to
thomasDrooney is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-01-2013, 19:12
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

Were they 15 or below? Seems kinda pointless, unless you want to sneak into something inappropriate
theonlyweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:29
thomasDrooney
Forum Member

Were they 15 or below? Seems kinda pointless, unless you want to sneak into something inappropriate
I think they were, they looked about 13 or something but I can't be too sure
thomasDrooney is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:47
kyresa
Forum Member

Seen this a few times at my local cinema. A group go see one film, when it finishes , you'll see them going into another screen to catch the start of the one just starting in that screen!
kyresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 19:50
RedSnapper
Forum Member

Yes - as your tickets are not checked once you are beyond the barrier - it is quite easy to just circualte thru different screens (assuming the timings fall just right) er..alledgedly so I am told .
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 20:01
robot1000
Forum Member

Yes - as your tickets are not checked once you are beyond the barrier - it is quite easy to just circualte thru different screens (assuming the timings fall just right) er..alledgedly so I am told .
That's probably why a number of cinema chains have introduced fixed seating, to try and cut down on people doing that.
robot1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 20:15
stud u like
Forum Member

That's probably why a number of cinema chains have introduced fixed seating, to try and cut down on people doing that.
I hate that because if you are new to a cinema, you will not know what their seats are like when you need a lot of leg room.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 12:57
Aly1
Forum Member

I don't know if it still happens but in our local Showcase 1 kid would be in the cinema and go and open the fire exit to let all his mates in.
Aly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 13:58
Ancient IDTV
Forum Member

Abzolutely dizgrazeful!

Not a bad idea, though.........
Ancient IDTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 15:05
FantasticMrFox
Forum Member

It's a bit pointless if you're a a regular Cineworld user since the majority have the cards and can see as many movies as they wish.

As a side note, I really get annoyed with any large group of people who make noise when I'm trying to watch a movie. They really do need to get chucked out more often.
FantasticMrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 15:44
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Every Sunday for a couple of years, we used to go around lunchtime, pay the matinee price, then sneak into a second film after we'd seen the one we paid for. A couple of times we did three films in a day. Towards the end of our time doing this, Showcase started to get wise and put extra staff in the corridors outside the films about to start.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 15:47
revans9
Forum Member

Seen this a few times at my local cinema. A group go see one film, when it finishes , you'll see them going into another screen to catch the start of the one just starting in that screen!
shocking behaviour ...

... me and a friend do this quite a lot

We find it's all in the timing. You need to go into the second film once all the ads and trailers are underway to stop accidentally sitting in someone's seat.

Did it the other week. paid to see jack reacher and then snuck in to see life of pi 3D afterwards. always have a chuckle to ourselves that they check at least twice to see if the people sitting in the premier seats have a premier ticket and there's us sitting there with no ticket at all

sometimes it's too much to sit through two films at once and we stick with the one. you find yourself dropping off during the second if they are both 2 hours or so
revans9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 16:35
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

In order to get into the cinema you should have to scan the barcode on your ticket. If you are trying to get into a different screen or your ticket is over 5 hours old, then, access denied.
royllsroyce is offline   Reply With Quote