Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Gremilns reboot!!! Nooooooooooooo!

Old 22-01-2013, 17:24
Paddy C
Forum Member

Wasn't Gizmo CGI at times in Gremlins 2?

I thought he was CGI in the scene where he ran down an alleyway and when he was dancing on the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVej1rFG2i4
I imagine that's just the puppet being controlled like normal, but on green screen so the hand or wires can't be seen, as you can actually see all the puppet in that shot rather than just the head and torso with the puppeteers hands hidden out of shot.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-01-2013, 19:09
Grabid Rannies
Forum Member

Oh, the way 'reboot' has become acceptably assimilated parlance
Grabid Rannies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 21:43
CELT1987
Forum Member

Staring
David cameron
Nik Clegg
George Osbourn
Ed balls
Ian Duncan Smith as Stripe.
CELT1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 22:49
royllsroyce
Inactive Member

They should remake films older than 40 years grr! They are only doing it so they can flood the shops with cute merchandise
royllsroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 12:01
rhynoGB
Forum Member

like most people on here i cherish this movie & have seen it quite a few times,always fun & a good christmas movie.
it just shouldn't be remade,if you have the gremlins liscence then do a 3rd movie rather than do a remake..please
rhynoGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 15:00
tortfeasor
Forum Member

Staring
David cameron
Nik Clegg
George Osbourn
Ed balls
Good one! Should your version be made, hopefully Ed Balls the Gremlin will be the one that gets cooked in the microwave.
tortfeasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:33
Moony

I dont get the hate that reboots/remakes get - if you dont like them - dont watch.

We often prefer the films we grew up with - even if they were remakes (which some are). We feel that the one made in our era is the definitive version (for example - John Carpenters "The Thing" is the definitive version to me - even though its a remake).

However nostalgic we feel about these movies however - the fact remains that some are dated (especially culturally) and have less relevance to today's target audiences. To young people today - the newer versions of some of the classic films we grew up with are the definitive/best versions - just as the versions we grew up with are the best/definitive versions of movies our parents grew up with.

I do agree that Hollywood has gone over the top/too soon with some reboots - but i'd say, once a movie is over 30 years old - it becomes less relevant to new audiences and is prime for a reboot/remake.
Moony is offline   Reply With Quote