Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Stella

Old 19-01-2013, 17:12
sueh21
Forum Member

is that guy whos in it this week also nessa's dad in gavin and stacey?
I thought that and also the lady doing the scan looked very much like Stacey's mum.
sueh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-01-2013, 17:13
derek500
Forum Member

I'd assume he is speaking Welsh rather than mumbling his words. Is he so protective over his native language as it seems improbable he can't speak English.
The actor gets the script in English and makes up his own mumbling. The joke is, is that all the characters understand him, but the audience doesn't.

There was a behind the scenes documentary on 'on demand' that explained it all.
derek500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 17:15
derek500
Forum Member

Geordie?? You don't mean the lovely, and very Welsh, Owen Teale do you?
First time I saw him was a Catherine Cookson play in the West End. Always thought he was Geordie too!!
derek500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 00:36
misslibertine
Forum Member

I'd assume he is speaking Welsh rather than mumbling his words. Is he so protective over his native language as it seems improbable he can't speak English.

I'd like to bury the funeral woman and that Geordie idiot underground in a coffin, lets see if they can get it on there. Don't you hate people who think their sex lives are going to interest everyone.
He's definitely not speaking Welsh, its just gibberish that the actor comes up with.

And Owen Teale isn't Geordie, he was born in the Bridgend area I think.

That's interesting because the subtitles always have him down as speaking Welsh
Then they're mis-informed

I thought that and also the lady doing the scan looked very much like Stacey's mum.
It was indeed Melanie Walters.
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 18:32
Cellomad
Forum Member

Yes, she was Stacey's mum
Cellomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 18:36
Cellomad
Forum Member

Stella is a great programme and deserves a wider audience. I bet it would be a hit on mainstream too. Sky viewing figures are comparatively low for even their top shows.
Cellomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 08:07
Evs814
Forum Member

Bump for this thread before episode 3 tonight at 9, Sky1.

Can't wait!
Evs814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 17:18
jno
Forum Member

Last night - ep 3 of series 2 was a bit poor I thought, couple of laughs but the whole cliffhanger for series 1 is all back to where we were at the start of series 1 again now.

This second series is a bit slow, there are a few laughs but few and far between.
jno is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 00:22
babyamy
Forum Member

It was nice seeing a softer side to auntie Brenda in Friday's episode when Sean left the house and she consoled Stella.

I hope Sean will be returning soon to fight for Stella.
babyamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 07:08
Neomysterio
Forum Member

I loves me some Stella.

I want to more of the awesome Bethan! *Coffee please.....*
Neomysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 18:33
Yorkshire.King
Forum Member

The blonde with the tanning salon has a great body - amazing legs! Totally ditsy character though
Yorkshire.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 17:08
misslibertine
Forum Member

The blonde with the tanning salon has a great body - amazing legs! Totally ditsy character though
She's the spit of one of my fitness teachers, both in looks and personality. I don't think she'd think so herself though!
Old 31-01-2013, 23:24
robot
Forum Member

Just saw the first episode of Stella tonight on Pick TV (or skythursday). Very good indeed, probably one of the best-ever original productions on BSkyB. Ruth Jones is a really fine writer. Great characters and a quality script. Looking forward to episode 2..

Just annoying that there were at many Sky ads in the breaks!
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:56
Kiko H Fan
Forum Member

I've never heard any Welsh people pepper their speech with the word "cocking" before.
Kiko H Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:46
misslibertine
Forum Member

I've never heard any Welsh people pepper their speech with the word "cocking" before.
Me neither, but then I don't know if that in particular is supposed to reflect Valleys speech in general or just specifically the type of character the woman is.
Old 01-02-2013, 22:53
strewth
Forum Member

Great episode tonight.....some real LOL moments. I have a feeling a lot of people are missing this fab series
strewth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 23:14
guestofseth
Forum Member

Not a good episode imo, had to skip quite a few scenes, the cafe one with Paul Kaye, Alan and the 'cocking' woman and the counselling scenes, too many awful characters together. I normally like Dai but there was some godawful acting from him tonight.

I miss Stella's parents, they were so much better than Auntie Brenda, and Sean better be coming back I miss him as well. Not enjoying this series as much as the last

Me neither, but then I don't know if that in particular is supposed to reflect Valleys speech in general or just specifically the type of character the woman is.
I think it's most likely the latter given that only one character uses the word.
guestofseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:52
Sharona68
Forum Member

Great episode tonight.....some real LOL moments. I have a feeling a lot of people are missing this fab series
I loved this episode, laughed aloud lots too. I'm also actually warming to Rob.
Sharona68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:28
shoppingqueen
Forum Member

I'm disappointed by series 2, after loving series 1! Also I much preferred the parents to Auntie Brenda, hoping s2 grows on me, it is slower! but s1 was near perfect comedy for me
shoppingqueen is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:06
GibsonGirl
Forum Member

I'm disappointed by series 2, after loving series 1! Also I much preferred the parents to Auntie Brenda, hoping s2 grows on me, it is slower! but s1 was near perfect comedy for me
That's exactly how I feel. It's turned too soapy for me. What with all the relationship breakdowns (Stella's neighbours across road have even split up), the false pregnancy, and the introduction of two obnoxious characters (the Aunt and Alan's ex). Not enough Daddy either.

I just hope the show lightens up again. It is too serious at the moment.
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 00:40
Meanaunty
Forum Member

I have to agree, I thought the first series was lovely, quite heartwarming but very funny. Sadly I just find this series annoying and disjointed. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to flow properly somehow, I just find that the hour drags and I'm really not enjoying it. I won't give up on it yet though because I'm hoping for an improvement.
Meanaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:19
Mishcoll
Forum Member

I'm struggling with this series aswell - not enough Sean - he better be back soon, please don't let Stella get with Rob, not liking the Emma/Suni storyline either. I'll stick with it though as I loved loved loved the 1st series, still 6 more episodes to go to improve.
Mishcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 22:28
strewth
Forum Member

Brilliant episode tonight. Really well written. Some good storylines set up and I'm even warming to Rob!
strewth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 22:41
susan24
Forum Member

I'm with the very disappointed group I'm afraid. This series has been such a disaster for me. I don't like what has been done with some of the characters and I positively dislike obnoxious, arrogant Rob. I keep changing channels and yet series one, I couldn't wait to see.
susan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:59
Mishcoll
Forum Member

Does anyone know if Sean is coming back at all? Is it just the way Ruth has written it or did Kenny Doughty want to leave?

Really missed Sean this episode, not taking to Rob at all
Mishcoll is offline   Reply With Quote