Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Humax HDR1000 with one feed

Old 31-01-2013, 20:23
dave clarke
Forum Member

I have a portable satellite for my touring caravan ,can I use a single LNB and not lose any facilities ,would I be better to use a dual LNB and run another cable through the van.
Thanks in advance
dave clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2013, 20:25
markdyer72
Forum Member

I have a portable satellite for my touring caravan ,can I use a single LNB and not lose any facilities ,would I be better to use a dual LNB and run another cable through the van.
Thanks in advance
u can use 1 feed but u would lose the ability to record 1 channel whilst watching another, AFAIK thats pretty much all u would lose....
markdyer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 20:47
dave clarke
Forum Member

Thanks,its only for abroad so we dont have to settle down too early to catch up on the soaps,sad I know.Post this on a caravan forum and all you get is abuse for daring to take a TV with you on holiday ,rant over lol
dave clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:11
grahamlthompson
Forum Member

Thanks,its only for abroad so we dont have to settle down too early to catch up on the soaps,sad I know.Post this on a caravan forum and all you get is abuse for daring to take a TV with you on holiday ,rant over lol
The hdr-1000s has an internal link that feeds both tuners from a single lnb. As a result you can record two and also watch some 3rd channels while recording two. You will have to do a factory reset to switch the box to single cable working.

It works the same as a Foxsat-hdr using a loop cable.

see

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-...-1-or-2-cables
grahamlthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:20
markdyer72
Forum Member

The hdr-1000s has an internal link that feeds both tuners from a single lnb. As a result you can record two and also watch some 3rd channels while recording two. You will have to do a factory reset to switch the box to single cable working.

It works the same as a Foxsat-hdr using a loop cable.

see

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-...-1-or-2-cables
aha thats what i meant to say, doh fingers on wrong buttons lol, i meant 2 channels whilst watchin another
Old 31-01-2013, 21:29
grahamlthompson
Forum Member

aha thats what i meant to say, doh fingers on wrong buttons lol, i meant 2 channels whilst watchin another
You can record two and watch a 3rd live channel depending on which channels are being recorded. For instance you only need 1 tuner to record both BBC-HD channels leaving tuner 2 to watch and (time shift) and other channel in same band (low frequency) and vertical polarisation. If you have ITV1 HD Granada then this would be included. Under the right conditions you can even record the 3rd from the time shift buffer after one of the two recordings finishes.
grahamlthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:38
markdyer72
Forum Member

You can record two and watch a 3rd live channel depending on which channels are being recorded. For instance you only need 1 tuner to record both BBC-HD channels leaving tuner 2 to watch and (time shift) and other channel in same band (low frequency) and vertical polarisation. If you have ITV1 HD Granada then this would be included. Under the right conditions you can even record the 3rd from the time shift buffer after one of the two recordings finishes.
yeah is quite amazing what these boxes are capable of, shame they canna totally record 3 channels as well as they do 2 that way wouldnt have the need t record some on my dvd recorder or technisat freesat lol....altho its not often i need to record more than 2 channels so i can live with it :d