Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Clive Holland

Old 20-01-2013, 17:51
louise1966
Forum Member

The presenter of Cowboy Trap on the BBC has been sacked and had all of his BBC contracts terminated, after a lady who had her experiences with a 'cowboy builder' made into a show, complained that he had behaved in an inappropriate manner. Perhaps he did overstep the mark by exchanging emails with the lady, after the filming of the show, I don't know what BBC criteria is; the lady in question says he was misleading her because he didn't tell her he was in a relationship - he is an engaged father of two. I don't feel he was leading her on at all; if she had any concerns, all she had to do was google him. 'A woman scorned' is an expression which jumps to mind. She is angry because he doesn't want a relationship with her, but it is none of her business whether he is engaged, married or single. To act in a way which caused someone who appears to be a nice guy, to lose his job, his income and the means of supporting his family is plain nasty. There was no mention of any emotional involvement between the two, so the only conclusion I can come to, is that she wanted to hurt him like she feels he hurt her. Hope another tv station employs him; I like him as a presenter, he's all for helping people know when they are entitled to their rights and catching the bad guy. Good luck, Clive. You're better than this. This lady wants to be ashamed of herself.
louise1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-01-2013, 18:15
WelshHoll
Forum Member

Unless we get to see the contents of the emails, who knows what was said. Maybe he was inappropriate, maybe he was flirty, who knows. Seems if you work for the BBC these days, you have to be squeaky clean.
WelshHoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:12
J-Ferg
Forum Member

It was the one filmed in Seaham that was cancelled.

I wonder who the woman is?
J-Ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:16
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

No offence OP but I find it helps to post a link, then things make sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...y-trap-1546137
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 13:51
George7
Forum Member

I watched an episode of Cowboy Trap this morning and both the Wife and I thought that Clive seemed to get on well with the Lady in the show.

I was unaware if Clive had a Wife/partner and just wondered if he and the Lady in the show had got together. A quick search and I found this thread.

If Clive was sacked purely because a few e-mails went back and forth between a Lady in an unshown show, then the BBC have turned into a complete joke.

They (the BBC) should have done something years ago when serious things were happening, not make an example of Clive for something that, on the face of it, was very trivial indeed.
George7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 13:57
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Must have been some pretty explicit emails
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 14:04
dazb
Forum Member

The BBC are not showing the episode featuring the woman concerned yet are showing the rest of the series.
dazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 17:31
Sweet FA
Forum Member

If comments under The Mirror article are to be believed, this wasn't a one-off...
Sweet FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59
DeetotheGee
Forum Member

It was the one filmed in Seaham that was cancelled.

I wonder who the woman is?
There's an episode filmed in Seaham on BBC2 right now. If the episode involving her's been cancelled it wasn't that one.
DeetotheGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04
YosserH
Forum Member

There's an episode filmed in Seaham on BBC2 right now. If the episode involving her's been cancelled it wasn't that one.
Thanks for that, will give it a watch
YosserH is offline   Reply With Quote