Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What would U like to see on the Wii U

Old 30-01-2013, 13:16
thomas2400
Forum Member

I've bought loads of virtual console titles on my Wii / 3ds etc etc but I don't know why I bother when u can get 10000s of roms / emulators off the net (via p2p torrents) for nowt. /facepalm
I love how casual people are when it comes to pirating games these days, kind of a cavalier opinion of it's a 20 year old games that isn't widely available anymore so it doesn't matter if you pirate it

the mere fact that these games are available as classic shows nintendo still want to make money from them and that you are stealing, have a nice day
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-01-2013, 13:32
SimonB79
Forum Member

I love how casual people are when it comes to pirating games these days, kind of a cavalier opinion of it's a 20 year old games that isn't widely available anymore so it doesn't matter if you pirate it

the mere fact that these games are available as classic shows nintendo still want to make money from them and that you are stealing, have a nice day
I spend 1000s a year buying games so no I don't care if I'm stealing afew crappy nes / SNES roms etc etc
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 13:40
thomas2400
Forum Member

I spend 1000s a year buying games so no I don't care if I'm stealing afew crappy nes / SNES roms etc etc
Don't get wrong i spend 1000s myself but i'm going to use that as a justification for stealing

am i 100% against pirating no i believe if you actually have a psychical copy of a game/movie that you download that is fine

you could argue that you where never going to buy the games so nintendo didn't lose money but you've already proven to be willing to buy the games prove you knew you could steal team
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 16:55
SimonB79
Forum Member

Don't get wrong i spend 1000s myself but i'm going to use that as a justification for stealing

am i 100% against pirating no i believe if you actually have a psychical copy of a game/movie that you download that is fine

you could argue that you where never going to buy the games so nintendo didn't lose money but you've already proven to be willing to buy the games prove you knew you could steal team
Aye!!!! ya destined for Heaven Thomas with that holier than thou attitude of yours.
Old 31-01-2013, 06:08
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

starfox was probably very successful for Nintendo, its crazy it hasent made an appearance
gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 11:54
SimonB79
Forum Member

anybody getting scribblenaughts next friday? ... it looks canny.
Old 31-01-2013, 18:25
TheTrader78
Forum Member

anybody getting scribblenaughts next friday? ... it looks canny.
It's on my wishlist....but will probably be getting it in a few weeks time instead of release date as I have had to pay for some other things.
TheTrader78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45
SimonB79
Forum Member

It's on my wishlist....but will probably be getting it in a few weeks time instead of release date as I have had to pay for some other things.
What's it like? Is it a platform game? I can't seem 2 figure it out! /facepalm
Old 01-02-2013, 18:36
TheTrader78
Forum Member

What's it like? Is it a platform game? I can't seem 2 figure it out! /facepalm
I would describe it to be a puzzle action game from what I gather...I've not played the DS/3DS versions but have heard that they were pretty decent by a few people, so I have intended to buy this version since I knew about its release, as it will be vast in depth compared to the 2 former games, am eager to see reviews.
TheTrader78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:58
redlight79
Forum Member

I'd like the Wii Mode to have a re-rendering function.

I was really confused when on one half, you had people saying the Wii U could upscale Wii games, and the other half saying it couldn't.

Technically, yes, the Wii U does upscale Wii games, but it actually makes the image worse rather than better, as the 480p image gets upscaled to 1080p, something that wasn't native to Wii games.

The Xbox 360 does upscale Xbox games, but also re-renders them, so the image is much more clear and crisp.

What I'd like to see get added in a system update, is a re-redendering function (see here).

If like me, you where confused on the difference, there is a link below which includes images to explain in greater detail.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/17666
redlight79 is offline   Reply With Quote