Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Old 19-09-2012, 18:33
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

Amazon UK has Spiral series 4 DVD available on 5 November 2012. They wont release the DVD in the UK before showing it on BBC4.
I'm only repeating what they're saying on FB - that's now the second time they've got it wrong then. You're saying it has to be on in the next month then?!
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-09-2012, 20:21
ItJustMyOpinion
Forum Member

I'm only repeating what they're saying on FB - that's now the second time they've got it wrong then. You're saying it has to be on in the next month then?!
Well Amazon UK definitely say I can buy it on 5th November and BBC4 has the exclusive rights to Spiral in the UK. Sky never allowed any DVD's before they had shown there latest series on Sky 1. Plus foreign drama shown on BBC4 is always followed by the DVD's.

Either way you do not have to wait until January 2013 to view it.

It may follow Montalbano. The UK Montalbano DVD's are released after the episodes are shown on BBC4 too. I suspect October or late September as it runs for four two five weeks, if their showing two per time.
ItJustMyOpinion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 20:32
newkid30
Forum Member

Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Sporal 4 must be after Christmas.
newkid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 21:18
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Sporal 4 must be after Christmas.
Yes, I was also wondering whether BBC4 would put TK3 and Spiral on very near each other. Anyway am not too bothered about waiting a while to see it.
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 15:11
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Spiral 4 must be after Christmas.
Borgen 2 is on in the new year.

They have shown 8 eps of Spiral 4 in France. 4 remaining.
French DVD of Season 4 available from 11th Oct - according to this
http://www.amazon.fr/Engrenages-Sais...8927966&sr=1-1

No English subs sadly.

PS
I'm assuming the French text on the Amazon.Fr site says it's available from the 11th Oct. Knowing my language skills that could be unreliable.
barnsleykeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 18:35
renard gris
Forum Member

When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS
You forgot to mention that Laure usually ends up shagging someone in the Police Department!
renard gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 21:42
The_Time_Being
Forum Member

You forgot to mention that Laure usually ends up shagging someone in the Police Department!
I'd also add that M.Le Juge finds it harder and harder to reconcile his belief in integrity and sanctity of the law against the advancing world of political corruption and unorthodox police practices
The_Time_Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:18
podgerodge
Forum Member

So - according to the French this is not on BBC until next Spring!!
podgerodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:54
MEDWAY
Forum Member

So - according to the French this is not on BBC until next Spring!!
so series 4 hasn't been shown yet?
wonder if it will also be on bbc hd as I understand blu is released in france
also believe series 3
MEDWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:06
xynaria
Forum Member

Amazon are now listing series 4 as being available 02/02/13.....though so far that's the third supposed date......presumably it would air on the BBC before being released..............
xynaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 22:48
manc2008
Forum Member

When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS
Well, you'll be pleased to know none of this applies to series four.
manc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54
Rob_Buckley
Forum Member

You can win tickets to see the first episode of season 4 of Spiral/Engrenages in London next Friday, as well as a Q&A with Grégory Fitoussi (Pierre Clement), an episode of one of his other shows, Spin, and the first episode of Scandinavian show Real Humans:

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough....piral_seas.php
Rob_Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 20:01
tv-ooh
Forum Member

Spiral series 4 will 'probably' air after the current series of Borgen but that's still tbc, according to a BBC drama PR I asked...
http://www.tv-ooh.com/2013/01/spiral...-bbc-four.html
tv-ooh is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 21:56
horsesvscats
Forum Member

New trailer with english subtitles is floating around, I watched the available clips on Canal+'s website last year, so I'm itching to see this series now.

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough....ngrengages.php
horsesvscats is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 21:58
davey_wavey
Forum Member

I seriously can't wait for this to come back! One of my favourite shows
davey_wavey is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 14:18
Verence
Forum Member

According to the new Radio Times Spiral 4 starts a week on Saturday after Borgen 2 has finished

One more thing that happens in every series of Spiral is that Pierre's boss gets more and more bug-eyed
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 15:46
Sideburns57
Forum Member

I will be there when it is on. There is a certain (wrong) liking of the direct approach they take to interrogation!
Sideburns57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 16:30
moondew

According to the new Radio Times Spiral 4 starts a week on Saturday after Borgen 2 has finished

One more thing that happens in every series of Spiral is that Pierre's boss gets more and more bug-eyed
Well he is a frog
moondew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 17:56
Straker
Forum Member

So, S4 begins airing on 9/2 with the UK DVD out 25/3 and not anytime at all last year.

If only someone, anyone, had pointed out that it was still being filmed when others were expecting it popping through their letterbox from Amazon, prior even to a BBC4 screening! If only we had such an omniscient sage like that in our midst!.....
Straker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:17
Ian Cleverly
Forum Member

Nothing about a delayed showing on BBC HD then?
Ian Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 22:24
Fairness
Forum Member

That soon? They normally leave a gap between series so people like me can catch up on whatever it is we do on Saturdays, and to spread out the limited stock of foreign dramas available. Perhaps there are enough this year for something every week.
Fairness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 13:19
LondonKiwi
Forum Member

Really annoyed that this is not being shown on BBC HD. I can't imagine Canal+ not filming it in HD. Other shows like Maison Close, Braquo and Hard have been shown on other channels in HD. What's going on BBC?
LondonKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:21
allie4
Forum Member

Really annoyed that this is not being shown on BBC HD. I can't imagine Canal+ not filming it in HD. Other shows like Maison Close, Braquo and Hard have been shown on other channels in HD. What's going on BBC?
What? It's only on 4?? Bah humbug.
allie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:57
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Engrenages BRs are available from Amazon.Fr. So it was filmed in high resolution(film or HD?). No UK BRs though - DVD only.

Being Human gets a HD showing 6 days after the BBC3 premiere. But nothing on the Radio Times website to show the BBC are doing the same with Spiral sadly. So it will be iPlayer DL for me.

According to RT there is no repeat showing midweek. Is this a first for subbed drama on BBC4? I think every other drama has been repeated so people can catch up with it.
Old 03-02-2013, 14:58
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

What? It's only on 4?? Bah humbug.
HD snob!!!