Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Old 03-02-2013, 17:23
Radiance26
Forum Member

Went to boots today to sample a few new make up products Ive not tried before but found so many of them are out of stock on the fair/pale coloured ones! must be lots of pale girls around my area

I ended up with:

1) Natural collection Lash build mascara - I know its mega cheap but I actually quite like it!
2) 2 x pots of natural collection face powder - again mega cheap but I find it works just as well as the more expensive brands and it was 3 products for a fiver

3) Glow all out luminizing radience face powder from Soap and Glory - never tried this before but it looks quite nice, a slight shimmer to give you a bit of a glow, S&G make up on 3 for 2 at the moment so thought I would give this a go as I wanted the next 2 products!

4) Show good face foundation and primer from Soap and Glory - Trying out the fairest of them all shade as Ive read so many good reviews on this

5) Kick ass concealer from Soap and Glory - I'm struggling to find a really good concealer for my horrible under eye circles and I'm hoping this is as good as what people are saying it is!
Radiance26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 13:55
missy83
Forum Member

How's that working out for you? I picked it up in Boots today but didn't buy it.
I'm still undecided. I have very long hair which can get frizzy at the ends and the oil definitely makes the ends feel smoother but I don't feel it controls frizz as well as I'd like.
missy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 18:05
GiraffeGirl
Forum Member

I'm still undecided. I have very long hair which can get frizzy at the ends and the oil definitely makes the ends feel smoother but I don't feel it controls frizz as well as I'd like.
Thanks, It would be frizz control I'd want as nothing I've ever used has 100% got rid of frizz - don't even mention Frizz-Ease, my hair was in horrific condition when I used that!

The search goes on!
GiraffeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 16:07
Aesa
Forum Member

Bit of a splurge today!

Essie mail varnish in Mint Candy Apple
La Roche-Posay Toleraine moisturiser
Soap & Glory Heel Genius
Soap & Glory Endless Glove
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body buttercream
Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in purple
Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Paranoid Purple
Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze
Maybelline Falsies waterproof mascara in black

Foof! Bring on next week's payday!
Aesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 17:40
muddipaws
Forum Member

I just bought Superdrug Vitamin E Body Moisturiser which is absolutely darn fantastic. Having being diagnosed with Crohens Disease last month I am constantly dehydrated and even just drinking water my skin still was not good. So did a bit of surfing and found good things about this and the body scrub. Just love it.

Also to chear myself up bought two nail polishes from Marks and Spencer, tried the darker one not that impressed, 48hrs on and it started to wear at the edges. Also a fuschia colour which does look lovely, but puttin it on is not good, no matter how hard I try it seems to streak, very annoying
muddipaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 00:59
orangebird
Forum Member

More s&g for me, the 3 for 2 is too good to miss out on!
Foam call
Heel cream
Body mist
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 20:20
Lushness
Forum Member

Kerastase Initialise. I need to stop being so weak, I'm such a such a sucker for these types of products.
Lushness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:18
MrMarple
Forum Member

I just bought Superdrug Vitamin E Body Moisturiser which is absolutely darn fantastic. Having being diagnosed with Crohens Disease last month I am constantly dehydrated and even just drinking water my skin still was not good. So did a bit of surfing and found good things about this and the body scrub. Just love it.

Also to chear myself up bought two nail polishes from Marks and Spencer, tried the darker one not that impressed, 48hrs on and it started to wear at the edges. Also a fuschia colour which does look lovely, but puttin it on is not good, no matter how hard I try it seems to streak, very annoying
Try the Body Butter in the same range as well.
For years I've used L'Occitane Hand Cream (£18.50 for 150ml), but now that they have lost their BUAV status I have been on the look out for a decent alternative.
Well, to cut a long story short, I've found it. I know it's advertised as a Body Butter, but it's also a great hand cream. Okay, it's probably isn't quite as moisturising as the L'Occitane one, but for £2.99 for 200ml, I'll learn to live with it.
MrMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 21:44
labelsandlove
Forum Member

I recently bought a hair doughnut - love it! I also bought some Charles Worthington Salon at Home products again, I really like them.
labelsandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 08:54
Lushness
Forum Member

I recently bought a hair doughnut - love it! I also bought some Charles Worthington Salon at Home products again, I really like them.
Yes they're lovely, makes the hair look really elegant in a bun. Being ultra cautious though, I cover mine in silk as the doughnut material can be quite rough.
Old 13-02-2013, 20:41
labelsandlove
Forum Member

Yes they're lovely, makes the hair look really elegant in a bun. Being ultra cautious though, I cover mine in silk as the doughnut material can be quite rough.
I did wonder if the material would damage the hair in some way. That's such a great tip though, thankyou
labelsandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:07
Lushness
Forum Member

I did wonder if the material would damage the hair in some way. That's such a great tip though, thankyou
To be honest L&L I think there is probably very little damage that can be done with them. I did lose a few hairs but nothing major. I just don't like the thought of the hair rubbing against that rough material all day.
Old 25-02-2013, 19:59
Radiance26
Forum Member

I just splashed out on Benefit How to look the best at everything make up set wanted to trial a few bits and thought it would be a nice treat
Radiance26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 15:54
missy83
Forum Member

Eau de Lacoste.

I've never tried a Lacoste perfume before but received a free sample and loved it so splashed out. I like light floral fragrances for everyday and this one is really nice.
missy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:19
wombat18
Forum Member

Today I went to Boots to buy some MaxFactor foundation. At the counter, the girl told me it was 3 for 2! I spend a fortune on that stuff so was very happy with the offer.

I also ended up buying hair dye, nail polish and tweezers which I didn't intend to buy.
wombat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 18:49
funlovingirl
Forum Member

Decided to try out some Essie polish and have ordered Bikini So Teeny and Navigate Her.
funlovingirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 15:37
elliecat
Forum Member

I didn't buy them today but last week I bought some Bobbi Brown foundation, cleansing oil and toner and yesterday I bought some DKNY Be Delicious perfume.
elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 16:32
lolly-licker
Forum Member

In the last week I've been a bit naughty: Aussie shampoo travel sizers because I forgot to take my shampoo home, and Benefit face powder. The powder is lush, and lasts forever, I just really can't afford it atm!
lolly-licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 16:33
Aesa
Forum Member

Decided to try out some Essie polish and have ordered Bikini So Teeny and Navigate Her.
I love Essie! Bikini So Teeny is one of my faves

Picked up the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara yesterday. Have to say, I'm impressed!!
Aesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48
TennisFreak08
Forum Member

Garnier Nutrisse Hair Colourant
Clarins Hand Cream for my mum for Mother's Day
Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Styling Spray
TennisFreak08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 14:31
Madonna38
Forum Member

Cherry Carmex lip balm
no7 Lip liner in plum
no7 lipstick in Coral Rose
got the free no7 gift too because I brought two products. I like the stuff. Usually in free gifts like that they give you the crap unwearable colours but these are lovely.
MUA lip liner red drama
MUA Lipstick shade 2
Look lip liner in Tangerine Cream
2 soap and glory "mist you madly" one is for my Mum though.

EDIT: For anyone looking for a really good concealer try the MUA Conceal and brighten kit. £3.50 from superdrug. I brought it a few weeks back and it's the best £3.50 I have ever spent.
Madonna38 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:21
Lushness
Forum Member

Just bought:-

Hair Fix 3 Step Recovery System
Alpha H 4 piece essentials kit
Old 09-03-2013, 13:33
pipijuice
Forum Member

Rimmel Glam’Eyes liquid eyeline
Clinique Superbalm, Superbalm will fix seriously dry lips ( such as mine-sometimes)
Babyliss Big Hair, My friend recommended me this one so...
Nonchalante underarm pads, I'm regular user...
Looking forward to try Babyliss B.H.
pipijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:24
susan852
Forum Member

Hi,
How are you? Surely, pretty great? Do you know what makes a woman attractive?
susan852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 22:38
Madonna38
Forum Member

Today I brought two Natural Collection products.
Lipstick in rose bud
Nail Varnish in black cherry.

Also ordered some stuff from elf. I've never used them before so didn't order too much. Just a lipstick, lipliner and two nail polishes.
Madonna38 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote