Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 04-02-2013, 19:47
speedy_gonzales
Forum Member

dr dre
speedy_gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 21:25
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I've heard that before, but not too often.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:47
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

It is also possible that she's bisexual, which would make it slightly less misleading.
or perhaps she's even heterosexual?
elgransenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:59
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

ronan keating i've heard strong rumours about.
elgransenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:40
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

The question is simply pointless & irrelevant in 2013

The author should know this,unless of course he wants to return to the days when gays would be arrested,even beaten up by those on a mission of `Queer Bashing` just for entertainment, We have now moved on and gays are in general not so much accepted as tolerated, these days I have to admit though that `Gay Marriage` is taking a step to far
I'd say there's plenty of acceptance rather than just "tolerance". To most people, it's a complete non-issue.
SillyBillyGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:24
Listentome
Forum Member

Being tolerant of something essentially means you put up with it. it doesnt mean you accept it. I'm more offended by people who say they tolerate gay people than those who are openly homophobic.

To be fair you (one) can't really expect every hetero person to 'embrace' the fact that some people are gay, I don't see how tolerating can be seen as worse than open homophobia. There should be some appreciation of how far we have come since, say the 70s. In the days of Oscar Wilde or Quentin Crisp 'tolerating' would have been thought very welcome.
I just mean that personally if someone was openly homophobic to me at least I would know where I stand with them. But to be told my sexuality is tolerated by someone would leave me wondering what they really think.
Listentome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:49
Airborae
Forum Member

Lol, I haven't been through this entire thread or part 1 but I bet no one's mentioned Ian Thorpe either
He did appear quite camp last year at the Olympics.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 20:19
loveloveX
Forum Member

Natalie Cassidy
loveloveX is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 21:41
CreamPuff
Forum Member

I just mean that personally if someone was openly homophobic to me at least I would know where I stand with them. But to be told my sexuality is tolerated by someone would leave me wondering what they really think.

But do people actually use the word 'tolerate' to you, that does sound a bit 'through gritted teeth'. Tolerance on the other hand, has a much more positive slant to it (I feel), such as people pray for world tolerance, meaning praying for acceptance, etc. I am not gay (straight female) so am never on the receiving end of this kind of thing but I am definitely of the 'acceptance' camp and can't really understand why some people have huge problems with it, but then I have been a bit in love with Will Young since 2002.
CreamPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 21:44
silentNate
Forum Member

Lol, I haven't been through this entire thread or part 1 but I bet no one's mentioned Ian Thorpe either
There were a heap of threads about his sexual persuasion during the Olympics so I'd be surprised not to see him mentioned here
silentNate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 21:52
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Not heard that before.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:18
Conehead
Forum Member

Hopalong Cassidy
Conehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 15:54
Listentome
Forum Member

But do people actually use the word 'tolerate' to you, that does sound a bit 'through gritted teeth'. Tolerance on the other hand, has a much more positive slant to it (I feel), such as people pray for world tolerance, meaning praying for acceptance, etc. I am not gay (straight female) so am never on the receiving end of this kind of thing but I am definitely of the 'acceptance' camp and can't really understand why some people have huge problems with it, but then I have been a bit in love with Will Young since 2002.
Haven't we all.

Nobody as said directly to me "I tolerate your sexuality". But I have been in conversations where people have said they 'tolerate' homosexuality. Usually followed by the "as long as they don't flaunt it" comment, as if it is a prerequisite for gay people to do that.
Old 06-02-2013, 19:25
CreamPuff
Forum Member

Haven't we all.

Nobody as said directly to me "I tolerate your sexuality". But I have been in conversations where people have said they 'tolerate' homosexuality. Usually followed by the "as long as they don't flaunt it" comment, as if it is a prerequisite for gay people to do that.
Mind you I don't like fellow straight couples doing that either I used to live in Brighton so have no problem with PDA.

I'm a big fan of Derek Jacobi and had no idea for decades he was gay (or straight for that matter, either way never occurred to me), not sure if he is in or out though.
Old 06-02-2013, 19:50
Forum Member

Derek's very definitely out.
62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 19:56
AntoniaA
Forum Member

Hugh Grant
AntoniaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 20:24
pfgpowell
Forum Member

This is never quite as straightforward as some would like it too appear to.

My younger brother is gay and he is the brother I am closest to but also a very good friend. We are very close and I stay with him every week when I go to London to work. If anything (though I'm not too sure why) he is rather homophobic. I also have several gay friends. I first became more relaxed about gays (people of my age - I'm 63 - grew up when being gay or lesbian wasn't half as accepted as now, if at all, and in the early days it was still snigger, snigger, snigger) when I matured a little and was at times very lonely. It occurred to me that it could be quite tough being lonely and gay and that everyone, gay or straight, deserved the closeness and companionship which love brings.

But here is what I am saying: the idea of having sex with another guy really, really turns me off. And I know that the idea of having sex with another woman turns many women off. Yet in the modern climate of I really have to be careful of saying because I could be found guilty of homophobia. And that isn't quite right either.

Why shouldn't I be able to pronounce, if relevant, that I find gay sex repellent? But I can't if I know what's good for me. In the modern world I am best advised to keep my mouth shut. So there are many sides to this issue.
pfgpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:03
boddism
Forum Member

LOL! She was the worst acting lesbian I have ever seen!

If you watched the "Sonia is a lesbian" episodes of Eastenders, that'd convince you shes straight for life!
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 22:38
abbieunique
Forum Member

Cheryl Cole

She recently asked Kimberley Walsh to marry her
abbieunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 23:45
Dynopia
Forum Member

Didn't you know, that means nothing? According to the people on here, anyone who has a girlfriend or is married is just bearding, anyone who denies being gay is protesting too much etc. It's ridiculous, especially considering the amount of straight people compared to the amount of LGBT people.

This is why this thread is ridiculed. No one here has a problem with people being gay. I have dated women myself, as I have mentioned before. But this is not speculation. It is deciding someone is gay for NO reason, and then refusing to believe otherwise. Delusional is the word for it.
Truly ignorant. Your problem is you think everyone giving names in this thread is one person, everyone has their own opinions and lets be honest, very little is based on fact.
Dynopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59
dee123
Forum Member

Surely you jest?
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:41
Listentome
Forum Member

This is never quite as straightforward as some would like it too appear to.

My younger brother is gay and he is the brother I am closest to but also a very good friend. We are very close and I stay with him every week when I go to London to work. If anything (though I'm not too sure why) he is rather homophobic. I also have several gay friends. I first became more relaxed about gays (people of my age - I'm 63 - grew up when being gay or lesbian wasn't half as accepted as now, if at all, and in the early days it was still snigger, snigger, snigger) when I matured a little and was at times very lonely. It occurred to me that it could be quite tough being lonely and gay and that everyone, gay or straight, deserved the closeness and companionship which love brings.

But here is what I am saying: the idea of having sex with another guy really, really turns me off. And I know that the idea of having sex with another woman turns many women off. Yet in the modern climate of I really have to be careful of saying because I could be found guilty of homophobia. And that isn't quite right either.

Why shouldn't I be able to pronounce, if relevant, that I find gay sex repellent? But I can't if I know what's good for me. In the modern world I am best advised to keep my mouth shut. So there are many sides to this issue.
But finding same sex sexual practices repellant isn't the same thing as being homophobic and it also doesn't demonstrate unacceptance of other people's sexuality. I'd take no more offense at that than I would hearing a straight man say he found certain things a woman asked him to do repellant. Even as a gay man I I find some gay sexual choices not to my liking. I also find the thoughts of sex with women, not so much repellant, but undesirable. However I am in no way, and do not consider myself to be, heterophobic nor dislike women. I actually prefer women to men in all other areas of life such as friendship.
Old 08-02-2013, 22:08
CreamPuff
Forum Member

I actually prefer women to men in all other areas of life such as friendship.[/quote]

Ah that's nice. I've always wanted a really good gay male friend but never seem to meet them, despite working in media for several years
Old 10-02-2013, 01:10
woodlands
Forum Member

ronan keating i've heard strong rumours about.

lol that will be why he got married, had 3 children. had an affair with a woman, and now he is living with another woman The clues are there.....he is probably not gay
woodlands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Simon Cowell
Cliff Richard
Michael Ball
Alan Davies
Declan Donnelly
Joe Swash
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote