Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Will Paul McGann ever get to be the Doctor again?

Old 06-01-2010, 22:48
vaughan6477
Forum Member

I'm glad you said that because that's what I thought might have worked.

Instead if CE grabbing Rose by the hand and saying "Run", I can picture a slightly more modern-looking Eight putting his hand on her shoulder instead.

That being said, I think series one really was excellent, and wouldn't rather it any other. I guess just like everyone else, I'm curious about the Eighth Doctor, because I did enjoy his performance in the tv movie and subsequently on audio.
Most of series one will still grab me when I see any episode from it repeated nowadays. Chris was an excellent Doctor and just what was needed with all that angst and baggage from believing he's ended the Time War once and for all. I think the only way we may get to see the 8-9 regeneration now , is if some fans get the money and make the effort to get Chris and Paul involved in a short scene. Much like the folk who got Pertwee to film scenes for "Devious" back in the 1990's , which was an extra on The War Games DVD released last year.
vaughan6477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-01-2010, 23:24
nextexit
Forum Member

Not that it'll ever happen I'm sure, but I've thought before that it would be nice to do a 'prequel' (of sorts) series with McGann, tie things together a bit. And if it bombs, at least we could get a regeneration sequence out of it.
nextexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56
Mulett
Forum Member

I hope so.
Mulett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23
AdelaideGirl
Forum Member

Mullet you sold me on the idea.
AdelaideGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36
Mulett
Forum Member

Mullet you sold me on the idea.
Brilliant!
Mulett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28
Sara_Peplow
Forum Member

It would be nice to see him or at least refrence the time war and or the regeneration of 8 into 9.
We will just have to keep looking and listening for information. Those who don't want to be spoiled can just look away or close their ears.
Sara_Peplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:44
Jon Ross
Forum Member

Paul McGann’s agent at the time was Janet Fielding (an ex-Dr Who assistant herself), we used to work with Janet in the 1990’s organising Who events and was quite revealing in her comments on the programme. .
You're not kidding. I've heard her DVD commentaries.

However he never ever realised the cult fandom he would receive from the fans. He did not like it one bit, distancing himself from fans & conventions, regarding the whole thing as “complete overkill and very bizarre”. At that point he distanced himself from Dr Who.
I think that's fair enough. Patrick Troughton distanced himself from the publicity while he was doing it and for many years afterwards.

I often wonder how many great actors must have turned the part down on the grounds that they don't want to deal with the baggage that comes with it. Which is a shame.
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote