Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Top Gear

Old 04-02-2013, 19:57
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Agreed - I don't see why you should post in a thread about a show you don't really like or have any interest in.
and what if you do like the show and have an interest in it yet your posts are not overly positive?
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-02-2013, 21:40
Prince Monalulu
Forum Member

Another good show I thought, really liked the Aston and how quick were them police vehicles on that drag track.

Also liked the shots of them racing from the lights on the Vegas strip, I like Vegas anyway so always nice to see it in a programme.
Rover 800, done Pro Street style.
Rover 800 used to be quite common as an Area car/Traffic division car years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/antspho...n/photostream/
Thought I'd explain as you're not in the UK.
Prince Monalulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 21:56
andys corner
Forum Member

They need to argue more and drive cars they can run into
andys corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47
roddydogs
Forum Member

Have you never watched the BBC coverage of a Grand Prix?

The theme music is the Chain by Fleetwood Mac

edit: Oh apprarntly you have
I was amazed they didnt mention this, with the obvious F1 connection. Instead we got the old ageing rocker twaddle "we were stoned all the time taking drugs" that they all come out with.
roddydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00
myss
Forum Member

I think I will stop reading this thread as it attracts the usual moaners about every episode being average and so on.

The lack of pages indicates the majority sit and enjoy it for what it is good enteraintment on a Sunday evening.

These posts spoil the show for me. So what if its an average episode I think the same can be said for most TV show debates in this part of the forum. And yes the first two episodes have been just ok but it's still the best thing on TV by a mile.

I say just enjoy the programme.
I don't see why if you're happy with an episode that someone else who didn't should then spoil your enjoyment.

As you say the same can be said with other shows and not everyone will be satisfied be it due to their own preferences or what has happened in the show itself, or a mixture of the two. Even with a highly watched show, someone is bound not to like it and unless you're part of the show's production, you shouldn't take it personally.

As far as I can see, it's not 'the usual moaners', it's people who do enjoy the show but found that this episode lacked something - as I did. There's nothing wrong with that; that's what you get on a discussion forum, people's own opinion and it may not be always positive all the time, i.e I love love the comedy Fraiser but there are a handful of episode where I could kick in a character, or the script's a little limp, or whatever.
That said though I could possibly understand your point if it was posts spitting vile sentiments about the programme week-by-week. .
myss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05
CD93
Forum Member

They need to argue more and drive cars they can run into
Africa Adventure 2.0 ahoy.

I wonder if Hammond finally took out James' rear window.
CD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19
rawy
Forum Member

I had a look at the current BBC Worldwide sales catalogue, and series 1 is not listed. Essentially, it's been withdrawn from sale so it's not available for licensing, so you won't be seeing it broadcast anywhere. I suspect this was at the behest of Clarkson and Wilman.

It's not at all hard to get hold of, though, and watching it now, it's understandable why it's been quietly brushed under the carpet. It's not actually *bad* or anything like that, but it just feels "wrong" compared to Clarkson/Hammond/May TG.
According to sky series 1 episode 1 is on at 5pm today - http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/3809/318

Rawy
rawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:18
Tiexen
Forum Member

According to sky series 1 episode 1 is on at 5pm today - http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/programme/detail/3809/318

Rawy
Four-wheeled fun with Jezza and co. Can the boys drive from Switzerland to North West England on one tank of fuel? James tests a Pagani Zonda F Roadster, and Harry Enfield guests.

No way is that series 1 episode 1?
Tiexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:10
NoEntry2k
Forum Member

Four-wheeled fun with Jezza and co. Can the boys drive from Switzerland to North West England on one tank of fuel? James tests a Pagani Zonda F Roadster, and Harry Enfield guests.

According to this Harry Enfield was the guest on S1Ep1, but the rest of the descrition doesn't fit.
http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/305463

Maybe its a EPG mistake?
NoEntry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:15
Conor the Bold
Inactive Member

Harry Enfield has been on twice. The first on the first episode and the second to avenge his famously poor showing on the track, some seasons later. So the above isn't series 1, episode 1.
Conor the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:47
starsailor
Forum Member

Is that really the first series with no james may and the chubby guy who talked about second hand cars?
starsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:40
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

and what if you do like the show and have an interest in it yet your posts are not overly positive?
Then it's pretty likely you won't get criticized on here.
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 17:05
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Rawy

According to this Harry Enfield was the guest on S1Ep1, but the rest of the descrition doesn't fit.
http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/305463

Maybe its a EPG mistake?
Harry Enfield has been on twice. The first on the first episode and the second to avenge his famously poor showing on the track, some seasons later. So the above isn't series 1, episode 1.
It's Series 12 Episode 4
Looks like the person who does the EPG saw Zonda and Enfield and looked up the wrong episode.
Old 05-02-2013, 17:06
Nicola_T
Forum Member

Here's the Harry Enfield episode that is confusing you: Series 12 - Episode 4.
Nicola_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 17:46
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

I see the newspaper that supported Hitler is "up in arms" over the penis stunt.

I love the way the Daily Racist manage sot make out that Twitter and a few nutters on it is somehow "public opinion"
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 17:48
Rip the TV Eye
Forum Member

I suppose the big disappointment in the last episode was the lack of V8s, and my disappointment was even more acute as they were in America, on the back of road-testing those three muscle cars.

I mean, Jezza and May had even done Hammond a favour by disconnecting two of the cylinders, making the engine better (it sounded better when it started up) and he had to go and hook them back up again. Why?
Rip the TV Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:26
CD93
Forum Member

I see the newspaper that supported Hitler is "up in arms" over the penis stunt.

I love the way the Daily Racist manage sot make out that Twitter and a few nutters on it is somehow "public opinion"
How will we ever go on now that one Twitter user has made a negative remark about the show?

It's sure for the axe.
CD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36
linkinpark875
Forum Member

Out of interest the bit where they were on the drained lake or whatever it was. They said some Hollywood movies were filmed on it.

It looks familiar can anybody tell me if Fast and Furious and In Time were filmed there?
linkinpark875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48
lundavra
Forum Member

Out of interest the bit where they were on the drained lake or whatever it was. They said some Hollywood movies were filmed on it.

It looks familiar can anybody tell me if Fast and Furious and In Time were filmed there?
There is a list of some of the films made there on Wonkypedia, probably more in IMDB.
lundavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15
boksbox
Forum Member

Do you mean the storm drains in LA? oft used in films and TV shows
boksbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 14:54
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Terminator 2 was a famous one surely?
Old 06-02-2013, 15:23
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Grease is possibly more famous.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 15:33
Nicola_T
Forum Member

And Repo Man...you melon farmers.
Nicola_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:56
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

One of my fav TG's on now on Dave. Clarkson doing the Ford Fiesta road test for Mr Needham
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:39
trevgo
Forum Member

I succumbed to watching a bit - three grown men powersliding a penis and two testicles on an LA storm drain.

And people wonder why I say it is an insult to anyone's intelligence.
trevgo is offline   Reply With Quote