Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Whould you let your 17 year old Daughter date a 24 year old man?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:11
roland rat
Inactive Member

I am against it, some of the things I have is,

Age Difference
Dangerous,

Anymore?

Could you just give me the bad points,

If not why not?
bullet points are welcome!
Why is it wrong and dangerous

My brother is now 54, and his wife is 47, 7 yr of a difference

They both met in school, and were both dating each other when she was 15 yr old, both family gave there blessing to this, they both loved each other, and were very religious, so no sex outside of marrage

They both have 2 lovely boys in there 20' now, and have been happily married for at least 25 yrs
roland rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-02-2013, 14:36
LykkieLi
Forum Member

What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?
I don't find it appealing at all myself.
Although I did date an 18 year old, when I was 20.
LykkieLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:09
GOGO2
Forum Member

What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?
Speaking for myself... It's more the idea of ME being the older woman I don't like. No matter how old I am I will always want to be the young one!!
GOGO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:11
GOGO2
Forum Member

Speaking for myself... It's more the idea of ME being the older woman I don't like. No matter how old I am I will always want to be the young one!!

Plus older men are just sexier!
GOGO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:28
barbeler
Forum Member

When I was 28 I was picked up by a girl who told me she was 18 - she was, but only by a few days. I honestly didn't have any say in the matter. We both listened to exactly the same music and we both had friends spanning the difference in our ages.
I find it laughable that anybody can think there's a big age gap between 17 and 24.
barbeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:42
avasgranny
Forum Member

So how did the big talk go with your daughter op?
avasgranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 19:04
d'@ve
Forum Member

When I was 28 I was picked up by a girl who told me she was 18 - she was, but only by a few days. I honestly didn't have any say in the matter. We both listened to exactly the same music and we both had friends spanning the difference in our ages.
I find it laughable that anybody can think there's a big age gap between 17 and 24.
You don't think a 41% excess in years is a big gap when one is a schoolgirl and the other is 6 years into adulthood?
d'@ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 19:21
CM
Forum Member

is this a joke? 17 dating a 24 year old? whats wrong with that?

i'm 36 and wouldn't think twice about dating a 17 year old.

then again i am a bit of a perv
Exactly

Poster is out of date 17 is well over legal age for sex I bet Dad would have gone out with 17 year old if given chance in his day
CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 20:43
GiraffeGirl
Forum Member

You'd feel you had to accept their friend request on Facebook and be subjected to the endless teenage girl statuses and duckface photos.

Seriously, it should be discouraged at all cost. Teenage girls are weird.
This is 100% true.

Though having said that, I have friends on Facebook (including family members) who are well out of their teens and behave like 12 year olds on there.

I don't think many people are at their best on Facebook.
GiraffeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 21:26
TrollHunter
Forum Member

I met my wife when I was 24 and she was 17. We've been together for 16 years, married for 8 of them, have 3 children and are still very happy together. So for that reason 'I'm in!'
TrollHunter is offline   Reply With Quote