Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Closed Thread
Old 31-01-2013, 12:32
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

It's been talked about but it's not an episode, but a biopic on the origins of the show.

Still looking forward to it though.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2013, 13:16
Davidus
Forum Member

Hello Davidus, can you define showrunner please?

As the showrunner, he oversees most aspects of Doctor Who, although primarily the direction where the show is heading, and the stories etc. If the show has an overall plot running through it then he's the man ultimately responsible for it.

They used to be called Executive Producers but they seem to prefer this fancy name for it.

Don't get me wrong - I like the guy and he obviously have enthusiasm for the show, but I feel he's beginning to get out of his comfort zone in doing things he has little experience(publicising and interviews), but hey, I suppose you have to give him credit for trying, but I'd rather he acknowledges his shortcomings in this area and leaves it to those more suited to it.

He has ideas to be sure, but as his more recent stories have shown, he seems to have a beginning and an end in mind but loses it somewhere inbetween. Shame really as when he's on form, no one is better.
Old 31-01-2013, 13:26
sandydune
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Davidus
As the showrunner, he oversees most aspects of Doctor Who, although primarily the direction where the show is heading, and the stories etc. If the show has an overall plot running through it then he's the man ultimately responsible for it.

They used to be called Executive Producers but they seem to prefer this fancy name for it.

Don't get me wrong - I like the guy and he obviously have enthusiasm for the show, but I feel he's beginning to get out of his comfort zone in doing things he has little experience(publicising and interviews), but hey, I suppose you have to give him credit for trying, but I'd rather he acknowledges his shortcomings in this area and leaves it to those more suited to it.

He has ideas to be sure, but as his more recent stories have shown, he seems to have a beginning and an end in mind but loses it somewhere inbetween. Shame really as when he's on form, no one is better.
Thanks for that Davidus, very interesting.
Old 31-01-2013, 14:32
The Gatherer
Forum Member

This bit is not correct - Executive Producers didn't used to get involved in the writing.
Old 31-01-2013, 15:12
Davidus
Forum Member

This bit is not correct - Executive Producers didn't used to get involved in the writing.
My bad - Yes, this is correct.
Old 31-01-2013, 17:10
CD93
Forum Member

Matt Smith appears in tweed, in the latest Comic Relief promo.
Old 31-01-2013, 17:50
Digital Sid
Forum Member

While The Supreme Dalek repaint someone posted about on GB turned out to be for the Blackpool Illuminations display, it is of note that they also received an order, for the same display, of 11 non identical TARDIS shells, each with the door open and a representation of the owning Doctor of each one inside to go up in August, and a 12th, kept under wraps. to join them two months later in October. His post was promptly spotted by the orderers (The Beeb?) and the company he worked for, that was producing them, bollocked him.
Old 31-01-2013, 19:37
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Matt Smith appears in tweed, in the latest Comic Relief promo.
Does that mean we're getting a mini-scene for Comic Relief?

Would love one with him and Clara.
Old 31-01-2013, 22:26
HandsomeBB
Forum Member

Does that mean we're getting a mini-scene for Comic Relief?

Would love one with him and Clara.
Matt says in the promo he'll decide what he's going to do once he's got his fundraising kit !

Plenty of scope to do something 60's related. We might even get footage from the docu-drama or a set of stills with a terribly posh voiceover.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59
Digital Sid
Forum Member

While The Supreme Dalek repaint someone posted about on GB turned out to be for the Blackpool Illuminations display, it is of note that they also received an order, for the same display, of 11 non identical TARDIS shells, each with the door open and a representation of the owning Doctor of each one inside to go up in August, and a 12th, kept under wraps. to join them two months later in October. His post was promptly spotted by the orderers (The Beeb?) and the company he worked for, that was producing them, bollocked him.
Also there's this:
http://www.darkbunnytees.com/doctor-...M-Foreman.html

Scroll to the bottom row.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47
PJ68
Forum Member

what are we supposed to be seeing??
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10
Batmannequin
Forum Member

I'm guessing it's the "12 postcards to collect - one with each of the eleven Doctors and a final design to be unveiled in December..." bit.

F***. Matt's off, isn't he...?

It would explain the delay in S8, too - if Moff wants the regeneration to be a total and utter surprise then being seen filming with another Doctor would give the game away.

Someone reassure me please
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19
Davidus
Forum Member

Well, it could be.

BUT here's a thought. One design for the 50th (maybe all doctors) and one each for the eleven doctors.

Just a thought
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49
Yog101
Forum Member

Well, it could be.

BUT here's a thought. One design for the 50th (maybe all doctors) and one each for the eleven doctors.

Just a thought
But why would they wait till after the 50th anniversary to release it?!!
Why, Davidus, WHY?!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:43
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Eh, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-02-2013, 13:32
Davidus
Forum Member

Budget cuts at the BBC - Can't afford to have all of them published at once
Old 01-02-2013, 23:51
Matthew_Aspden
Forum Member

Dunno if it's wibbly wobbly stuff, but can't see the postcard bit...has it been removed??
Old 02-02-2013, 00:01
Corwin
Forum Member

Dunno if it's wibbly wobbly stuff, but can't see the postcard bit...has it been removed??
Look at the left side of the screen under the DW 50th logo.

I think people are reading too much into this at the moment.

Look at the Illuminations example the 12th TARDIS is joining the others in October but I doubt they would show Promo images of the 12th Doctor in costume before he even appears on TV for the first time (if indeed he appears in the Anniversary Special).
Old 02-02-2013, 20:06
Digital Sid
Forum Member

I'm guessing it's the "12 postcards to collect - one with each of the eleven Doctors and a final design to be unveiled in December..." bit.

It would explain the delay in S8, too - if Moff wants the regeneration to be a total and utter surprise then being seen filming with another Doctor would give the game away.

Whoops, sorry, linked to the wrong page, bit late now as a thread has since been posted on it, but bottom row (and the text mentioned above) here:
http://www.darkbunnytees.com/doctor-who/
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11
Airborae
Forum Member

I think Matt's going, Steven Moffatt is going and we will have a brand new era upon us. Oh dear, the Moffatt fans...
Old 05-02-2013, 15:35
CD93
Forum Member

Something anniversary-related. A speculation thread on the pre-titles scene for the 50th, trackboy decided to pop in with this.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This also in January:

Spoiler

I would skip the speculation and just take all of the above as absolute fact
Old 05-02-2013, 15:43
Corwin
Forum Member

Something anniversary-related. A speculation thread on the pre-titles scene for the 50th, trackboy decided to pop in with this.

Spoiler

It better not be as that seemingly goes against established facts

There's nothing to indicate that
Spoiler
Old 05-02-2013, 16:07
CD93
Forum Member

It better not be as that seemingly goes against established facts

There's nothing to indicate that
Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 05-02-2013, 20:43
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Spoiler

Spoiler

This also in January:

Spoiler

I would skip the speculation and just take all of the above as absolute fact
There's certainly a lot here that's very plausible and likely to happen, I will admit that.
Old 05-02-2013, 21:31
Corwin
Forum Member

Is Moffat thinking of doing a pure historical story?

When talking about The Aztecs he mentions them as a type of story no longer done but then hints that they could return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzz7zrdRhjA

Closed Thread