Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Undateables Return Tonight....

Old 05-02-2013, 22:03
koantemplation
Forum Member

Those dating agencies don't seem to be very good.

Either they set up dates that are too far apart, or they don't really match the IQ of the dates very well.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-02-2013, 22:04
Florian
Inactive Member

Can someone with Tourettes for an example be arrested for making a racist comment directed at a Black person on the street?

The defence would be perfect.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:05
koantemplation
Forum Member

Can someone with Tourettes for an example be arrested for making a racist comment directed at a Black person on the street?

The defence would be perfect.
If they have a history of having the condition then they should be OK, it would just depend on the circumstances.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:06
Torch81
Forum Member

Why is it swear words with tourettes
Was seriously wondering that too? Why not 'toaster' or 'kettle' or just some other word(s) that could feesibly be associated with every day life/existance? Do they just say what they ideally want to, but somewhat inappropriately? i.e. "nice tits"!

Torch81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:07
macsmurray
Forum Member

Was seriously wondering that too? Why not 'toaster' or 'kettle' or just some other word(s) that could feesibly be associated with every day life/existance? Do they just say what they ideally want to, but somewhat inappropriately? i.e. "nice tits"!

Do you have your laptop in the kitchen perchance? :P
macsmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:09
Torch81
Forum Member

Do you have your laptop in the kitchen perchance? :P
LOL! NO, was just trying to 'example' things that you'd use/experience everyday.
Torch81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:12
chloeb
Forum Member

LOL! NO, was just trying to 'example' things that you'd use/experience everyday.
He did tic NHS much to his mates amusement..

Seemed a lovely guy, not sure about pink haired, lip ringed, rotten teeth, student nurse though lol
chloeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:12
macsmurray
Forum Member

You make a good point though, I've often wondered why they don't shout more random words rather than profanities.

I wonder if its almost a psychological filter removal where their true feelings/thoughts spill out.
macsmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:13
Ed R.Marley
Forum Member

He did tic NHS much to his mates amusement..

Seemed a lovely guy, not sure about pink haired, lip ringed, rotten teeth, student nurse though lol
Any hole is a goal
Ed R.Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:14
InTheLoop
Forum Member

I wish they gave a quick round up at the end of their predicaments now but it was still good/poignant show
InTheLoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:14
InTheLoop
Forum Member

even the hole between the two front teeth
InTheLoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:28
Minsey_Scarlett
Forum Member

Anyone know if the first series is being repeated at all? I've only just noticed that someone I worked with a few years ago is on it so kinda curious to see it now
Minsey_Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:47
Hotgossip
Forum Member

You make a good point though, I've often wondered why they don't shout more random words rather than profanities.

I wonder if its almost a psychological filter removal where their true feelings/thoughts spill out.
I wondered this too. Also I keep wondering why somebody hasn't come up with a drug which can help with Tourettes.
Hotgossip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:49
DamienS
Forum Member

I really didn't enjoy it this year
DamienS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:04
demfe
Forum Member

Couple of observations/questions:
How on earth does someone with Tourettes manage in a classroom situation in school?
How come Sam's dog remained a puppy for at least a year?!
Couldn't help but think that Sam's dad and Richard's mum would have made a great couple!!
demfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:23
Jadelyn09
Forum Member

Couldn't help but think that Sam's dad and Richard's mum would have made a great couple!!
I thought the same thing! Potential spin-off maybe?
Jadelyn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:26
Fizzbin
Forum Member

Cwoor I'd do Luke - what a bear! and he's funny, and the tics just make him funnier.

If he ever fancies a stroll on the gay side
Agreed.

Fancy a threesome?
Fizzbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:32
whatsername235
Forum Member

I remember seeing something recently maybe on BBC3.... anyway there was a girl on it who said the word 'biscuits' hundreds and hundreds of times a day. She then commented something about not even particularly liking biscuits (this line was so wonderfully delivered) so I have no idea where they come from! I think the swearing one's just more publicised to be honest.

I find it really interesting that every person I've seen on TV etc with tourettes has got a cracking personality and usually seem to have quite the sense of humour about their condition.
whatsername235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 00:35
picklesandginge
Forum Member

I remember watching some programme a long time ago, where the girl said it was the things in the back of your mind that you know you shouldn't say. So if you saw an overweight person you'd think (consciously or subconsciously) about it but not say anything, whereas with Tourettes they focus so much on not saying anything that it comes out, if that makes sense?

It was so lovely to see what everyone had been up to, especially Richard. That man must go through a bottle of Lynx a day. I wish that horrible girl had been on from last year with the brittle bone disease who immediately shot her date down because he was in a wheelchair.
picklesandginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:27
LaceyLouelle3
Forum Member

After watching this I've realised I have an attraction to people with tourettes. Both the guy on tonight's episode and the one from earlier this series have been attractive to me!
LaceyLouelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30
Flat Matt
Inactive Member

Shane (the poet) is brilliant and I'm so pleased that he got a book deal and a tour out of the exposure the show gave him. Far from a being guy with a learning disability, I see him as a Great British eccentric.

Love the guy with Aspergers as well. I loved the way he took the phone call from the agency, put the phone down, turned to his mum and then paused... "She's from fcuking London!"

I think the show is great and it's nice to get a glimpse of the personalities behind the disabilities.
Flat Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 14:02
sian2011
Forum Member

Shane (the poet) is brilliant and I'm so pleased that he got a book deal and a tour out of the exposure the show gave him. Far from a being guy with a learning disability, I see him as a Great British eccentric.

Love the guy with Aspergers as well. I loved the way he took the phone call from the agency, put the phone down, turned to his mum and then paused... "She's from fcuking London!"

I think the show is great and it's nice to get a glimpse of the personalities behind the disabilities.
It was my first thought watching last night (didn't see first series so missed him), I wouldn't have said he has a learning disability, he had more intelligence, character and charisma than most men I've met! Okay his jokes were terrible, but can't blame him for trying with some of the awful dates he was on.
sian2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:07
Cloudexplosion
Forum Member

Really liked Shaine. Definitely more charming than many men.
HE DID remind me so much of Justin Fletcher in his mannerisms and corny jokes.
Cloudexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 14:13
Lucidia2011
Forum Member

Never seen it before last night. Good show
Lucidia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 17:41
topdog2006
Forum Member

I wondered this too. Also I keep wondering why somebody hasn't come up with a drug which can help with Tourettes.
There is one- but it has the side effect of completely draining a person's energy, so many people with Tourettes prefer not to use it.
topdog2006 is offline   Reply With Quote