Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lewis - New Series

Old 05-02-2013, 18:00
RedSnapper
Forum Member

Big mistake splitting it over two weeks - so many chanracters I cant remeber who is who or who did what by the next week.
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-02-2013, 18:04
NormandyMary
Forum Member

I just hope that its a happy ending for Robbie and Laura. That bit when he was asking Hathaway how to tell if the chicken was cooked was priceless, plus the bit where he was shopping for things to cheer his flat up. You could tell how nervous he was at her coming round, even though he has known her for years. I also love the way they cant keep their hands off each other, its like they are making up for lost time!!!
NormandyMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 18:08
catsitter
Forum Member

The bit where he was asking Hathaway how to tell if the chicken was cooked seemed to me to be completely wrong for the characters.
catsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 19:20
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

The bit where he was asking Hathaway how to tell if the chicken was cooked seemed to me to be completely wrong for the characters.
Lewis has a history of being a crap cook. Hathaway is supposed to have the ability.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 19:39
wasa5livefan
Forum Member

I hoped that when they found the "500" scratched into the car it would also have shown that there was red paint underneath and it turned out to be Morse's old Jag.
wasa5livefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 20:48
Loz_Fraggle
Forum Member

Kevin's done a few things!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923610/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I'd almost forgotten he did Peak Practice, even though I never missed an episode!

And I remember seeing him in Miss Marple!
My favourite thing he's done, was B&B which I saw as a child, still upsets me, even now!
Loz_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:56
pognog2
Forum Member

Lewis has a history of being a crap cook. Hathaway is supposed to have the ability.
Pierce and ping

I'm still holding out for a few one off episodes I think they'll leave next weeks episode with both Lewis & Hathaway still un-decided so if it doesn't come back we can assume Robbie & Laura are living happily ever after and James is doing whatever he wishes either an inspector or having left the police force but if it does they are both still employed

I do think it'll we depend on Laurence's American dream if it works they'll be no more if it doesn't the show will be back January 2015
pognog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 00:56
terri21
Forum Member

lets hope laurences career is a fail....in the nicest possible way and kevin gets bored of not working then more lewis

how does everyone think or hope the final scene will end,i think all 4 of them will be in a pub garden and just fade out

also I hope laura and Robbie tell each other they love each other next week instead of "I quite like laura" come on Robbie you can do better than that
terri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31
pognog2
Forum Member

The Mirror have already posted a picture of the last scene
Spoiler
Old 06-02-2013, 11:29
terri21
Forum Member

oooh thankyou pognog2 is that in todays mirror? and is there an article to is it worth buying the paper? cheers chick
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24
Yera
Forum Member

Pierce and ping

I'm still holding out for a few one off episodes I think they'll leave next weeks episode with both Lewis & Hathaway still un-decided so if it doesn't come back we can assume Robbie & Laura are living happily ever after and James is doing whatever he wishes either an inspector or having left the police force but if it does they are both still employed

I do think it'll we depend on Laurence's American dream if it works they'll be no more if it doesn't the show will be back January 2015
I love lewis -gutted it is winding down- lets hope after a rest both kevin and laurence want to carry on
Yera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:27
babspanky
Forum Member

About time Lewis got his love life in order, those two are made for each other. I'm not really soppy, but they really made me go aaaah.

I love lewis -gutted it is winding down- lets hope after a rest both kevin and laurence want to carry on
Really? Oh I hope so too.
babspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:33
terri21
Forum Member

About time Lewis got his love life in order, those two are made for each other. I'm not really soppy, but they really made me go aaaah.

Really? Oh I hope so too.
I know what you mean ive turned into a soppy sappy romantic mess since the start of series 7 laura and Robbie as you said are ment for each other there so damn cute together and beliveable and natural,its like there together in real life (I know there not) but there just so awwwww lol
Old 06-02-2013, 14:35
pognog2
Forum Member

oooh thankyou pognog2 is that in todays mirror? and is there an article to is it worth buying the paper? cheers chick
No it a few weeks back http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/l...-morse-1565387
Old 06-02-2013, 17:41
Flukie
Forum Member

Pierce and ping

The preview for next week does say something about as they solve the case both Hathaway and Lewis face life changing decisions.

The fact it says FACE rather than MAKE does - from that, anyway, suggest it's one of those where they might sort of end the programme with the question hanging in the air as to what they might do - if you see what I mean!

Like when someone says, "So are you gonna do that?" and the camera goes on the face of the person asked .... and then it ends before they speak! lol

It mentions in the review that Hathaway resorts to prayer next week so maybe his decision is to toy with going back to the church!

As to Laurence going to America, I've read about that and every time it mentions that they are going now because his two sons aren't at school yet, so that's why they're going now. Which just from that suggests they aren't planning on going long term anyway, whatever happens.

It would be a shame if this was the absolute end of Lewis. Morse went on for so long, it feels like Lewis has lasted no time by conmparison.
Flukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:52
Flukie
Forum Member

I think there is deffo not going to be another series but Kevin has already stated he wants a year off (so no filiming this year) and is up for the idea of a one off next year...maybe a Xmas special but I think only if Lawrence Fox will want to do it aswel.

Remember Morse had a few one off specials before the final ep.

Least we all have Endeavour to look forward to later in the year which I assume will have the full 2 hours ep.
With Morse, John said he wanted to do something else, around 1993 when the last 'series' went out. There'd been 7 series - from 1987 - of three or 4 episodes a year, (28 episodes) and that left little time for anything else.

So they offered him Kavanagh and asked him to do one off specials, which is what they did. And there was 4 - in 95, 96, 97 and 98 before the last one was shown in 2000.

Always remember in one of them - can't remember which! - John did it with his 'Kavanagah' hair! lol
Old 06-02-2013, 21:57
pognog2
Forum Member

With Morse, John said he wanted to do something else, around 1993 when the last 'series' went out. There'd been 7 series - from 1987 - of three or 4 episodes a year, (28 episodes) and that left little time for anything else.

So they offered him Kavanagh and asked him to do one off specials, which is what they did. And there was 4 - in 95, 96, 97 and 98 before the last one was shown in 2000.

Always remember in one of them - can't remember which! - John did it with his 'Kavanagah' hair! lol
I think that was the '95 which was Laura's first episode cause did make a comment about Morse needing a haircut
Old 07-02-2013, 09:43
haphash
Forum Member

I can't understand why Hathaway wouldn't be thinking about promotion or would want to leave the force if Lewis goes. Doesn't really make sense to me. I'm also puzzled as to why he doesn't have a girlfriend or any love interest. Its as if they have stopped developing Hathaway as a character.
haphash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07
jk1978
Forum Member

I can't understand why Hathaway wouldn't be thinking about promotion or would want to leave the force if Lewis goes. Doesn't really make sense to me. I'm also puzzled as to why he doesn't have a girlfriend or any love interest. Its as if they have stopped developing Hathaway as a character.
In a previous ep when Lewis was toying the idea of retirement James made a comment about saying he couldnt do this...meaning the job...without being Lewis' sidekick...also that no one else "gets him". He always said if Lewis goes, then he does......

As for the bit about a girlfriend....James has always been a been of a lone wolf...a loner....my Brother is the same...he has never married and he is 37...he too lives inside his head like James does....so they have not stopped developing the character per say...just continuing it.....
jk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34
Flukie
Forum Member

I think that was the '95 which was Laura's first episode cause did make a comment about Morse needing a haircut
Ah, Laura's first episode. When she first appeared, walked up to Morse and Lewis and consulted a piece of paper and said she was looking for "Inspector ... Mouse" lol
Old 07-02-2013, 11:38
Yvie123
Forum Member

I liked the fact that they never went too deeply into Hathaway's character - to begin with he was enigmatic and small clues to who he was were given away here and there, such as why he left the church and the possible abuse he'd suffered as a boy.

Also, the fact that he was so reserved yet became so loyal and relaxed around Lewis, highlighted what a force for good Lewis is.

For me, Hathaway has been one of the most fascinating characters on TV for quite a while, and I'm quite glad that they didn't just settle him into a relationship - although they've been a bit inconsistent with this, as they've shown him being both quite relaxed in a romantic situation and, at other times, very nervous and unsure how to proceed.
Yvie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

I liked the fact that they never went too deeply into Hathaway's character - to begin with he was enigmatic and small clues to who he was were given away here and there, such as why he left the church and the possible abuse he'd suffered as a boy.

Also, the fact that he was so reserved yet became so loyal and relaxed around Lewis, highlighted what a force for good Lewis is.

For me, Hathaway has been one of the most fascinating characters on TV for quite a while, and I'm quite glad that they didn't just settle him into a relationship - although they've been a bit inconsistent with this, as they've shown him being both quite relaxed in a romantic situation and, at other times, very nervous and unsure how to proceed.
But this is what writers do, to suit individual stories, they do it with Sgt. Ben in Midsommer and did it with the Old Barney Bee's daughter, Cally.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 15:18
Yvie123
Forum Member

But this is what writers do, to suit individual stories, they do it with Sgt. Ben in Midsommer and did it with the Old Barney Bee's daughter, Cally.
I've not watched Midsommer for ages, but yes, I think the writers on that show must take the prize for the most inconsistent characters!
I never forgave them for having Troy and Cully seemingly about to embark on a passionate affair ( well, caught in a smooch by her Dad, anyway!) only for them to act as if it had never happened just an episode later

As for Ben, they could never seem to decide if he was a bumbling idiot or a clued up, ladies' man!
Yvie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44
johnloony
Forum Member

As soon as they mentioned the mysterious "500" inscription on the car, I immediately thought that it might be "SOO" not "500". The fact that they kept going on and on about "500" - and didn't even consider the possibility of it being "SOO" - made it such an obvious clue.
johnloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17
lammtarra
Forum Member

As soon as they mentioned the mysterious "500" inscription on the car, I immediately thought that it might be "SOO" not "500". The fact that they kept going on and on about "500" - and didn't even consider the possibility of it being "SOO" - made it such an obvious clue.
A clue to what, though, since we did not see the name Soo before Lewis and Hathaway did and made the connection immediately? I'd spent most of the episode thinking it was SoA.
lammtarra is offline   Reply With Quote