Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32
fruitloop27
Forum Member

Ian Botham came to our town as a special appearance at one of the nightclubs in the 80s,my sister worked there as a glass collector and had a handful of glasses and he was in the way, she asked him politely "excuse me" four times, the final time he said "Just go another way, im special guest here" my sister says she said "I dont give a **** who you are, you are in my way and i asked you nicely to move", and he moved not exciting but he was a bit rude, she still hates him.
*standing ovation for your sister*. Damn right!
fruitloop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-02-2013, 14:08
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I wonder if this Daily Mail story about the Coronation Street set might be a coded allusion to the unpopularity of Anthony Cotton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#axzz2KSBX2rl8
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:23
barneyboy
Forum Member

I wonder if this Daily Mail story about the Coronation Street set might be a coded allusion to the unpopularity of Anthony Cotton.

Anthony is 'alright' Ive met him sloads times. Ive put this on here before, he's a regular in a bar I used to work at. He used to drink vodka and coke. He was quite dismissive of the staff, not many manners but seemed friendly to his friends. Never tipped, even when he went from queer as folk to corrie.

Someone mentioned Andy from Emerdale before... Yes he IS lovely. a proper down to earth friendly guy. Adoreable.
barneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:28
Paul1511
Forum Member

Pink is a bitch and doesn't smell very fresh.
Paul1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:28
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Anthony is 'alright' Ive met him sloads times. Ive put this on here before, he's a regular in a bar I used to work at. He used to drink vodka and coke. He was quite dismissive of the staff, not many manners but seemed friendly to his friends. Never tipped, even when he went from queer as folk to corrie.

Someone mentioned Andy from Emerdale before... Yes he IS lovely. a proper down to earth friendly guy. Adoreable.

He sounds a veritable treat.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:29
jrmswfc
Forum Member

Strange set of photos to use, one features a character who left about a year ago, and aren't the other two from Betty Driver's funeral?

As for Anthony Cotton being "popular with fans", I've never heard anybody say they like him.
jrmswfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 17:27
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

Strange set of photos to use, one features a character who left about a year ago, and aren't the other two from Betty Driver's funeral?

As for Anthony Cotton being "popular with fans", I've never heard anybody say they like him.
I certainly don't like him. I think he's overused and overrated and he can't act to save his life.

His attitude makes me dislike him even more and I get the impression on the Corrie set he thinks he's something he's not.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 17:35
M@nterik
Forum Member

You don't expect it with Eamonn Holmes, because he can come across as quite abrasive, but I've only ever heard nice things about him.

I know someone who works as a warm up guy on quite a few shows. He says the majority of "stars" who are presenting the shows don't want to know where the warm up's concerned. But Eamonn always makes a point of going to see them, sitting down and having a chat to see how things are going, etc. Really top bloke apparently.
That is really nice to know.

He does appear as if he can be abrasive but, even when interviewed abut is complaints about the Culshaw stuff, he comes over very well.
M@nterik is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 19:30
BBWorldWideFan
Forum Member

Scarlet Johnson (played Vicki Fowler on EE) is the only celebrity I've came across, it was 2004 on the London eye and to be fair she wasn't vile to anyone but you could tell by looking at her that she thought she wa san A lister, most of the other people there had no clue who she was and she still had that "WHY CAN'T I BLEND IN?" look on her face.

My dad has worked in hotels most of his life and he said John Mcririck is as nasty in real life as he was on CBB.
BBWorldWideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 19:45
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

From your description he sounds far from alright, he sounds completely odious.
Vodka_Drinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:58
80sfan
Forum Member

I thought the only person who thought Anthony Cotton was a'
'popular character' of this programme was Cotton himself

He seems a bitchy little queen and nothing I've read about him seems to change that about him
80sfan is offline   Reply With Quote