Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Peter Andre Upsetting The Locals In Malta

Old 11-02-2013, 19:37
lexi22
Inactive Member

Hey fans, not only am I DOTY, I'm now MOTY. And that's not mum of the year LOL how insania would that be as I'm a dad not a mum but I'm so great I could be both. No in fact I'm actually Malteser of the year. LOL no that's not the chocolate you mad people, thats because I've been voted Cultural Ambassador of Malta by every person in the country. Junior and Princess say I'm their little malteser which is so cute. They also say I'm the bestdadintheworldeverandmuchgbetterthentheirmum but hye, they're my kids and I love them but I don't like to talk about it.
The tragic thing is, I can actually hear him saying that.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-02-2013, 20:28
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

It's the gift that keeps on giving
Like herpes
Phyllis Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 20:57
cazzz
Forum Member

aha, two words:

Free Holidays! I bet Claire will ferry all of the CAN clients there by the end of the summer...Expect Amy and whoever else is on the books to visit. No doubt a little jaunt with the kids and girlfriend.

Will he get a military uniform....I can see a Michael Jackson military jacket and beret

I bet the people of Malta are wondering what they did to deserve him...maybe he might move there..soon!"
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 21:07
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

ODD CHOICE? Bizarre choice more like it...it's like making Lemmy of Motorhead the new Pope.
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 21:48
Becky Sharpe

ODD CHOICE? Bizarre choice more like it...it's like making Lemmy of Motorhead the new Pope.
Just as well the Maltese Tourist Board/Government didn't hang around, eh?
Becky Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 22:48
Queeniepops
Forum Member

Did he ask for this?
Queeniepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 00:16
Nicola32
Forum Member

Did he ask for this?

No he didn't.

The council of Valetta decided it would be a good idea to bestow this on him because he was voted "Best international male" at the Maltese music awards.and they also thought it would be a good idea because he could promote Valetta on his ITV2 programme.

I doubt he'd lose too much sleep if they took it away from him.
Nicola32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38
Cym
Forum Member

"Best international male" "Cultural Ambassador" both titles are equally bewildering, PA may not have asked to be CA, but for it to get this far, he certainly didnt say no, the people of Malta said that for him
Cym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:48
Becky Sharpe

Hi Vatican Guys!

Iíve heard that some Benedict bloke has left ya in the lurch. My name is Pedah Andre, and Iím here to help.

Just a few things first: I wanna keep doing my ITV2 reality show, as itís important for Catholics to see their Pope being a great Dad as well as a spiritual leader [am loving the sound of the ĎHoly Fatherí title already - LOL! ].

Iíll also keep my weekly new! magazine column going, as itís a great way to reach out to those of my fans who canít read so good [even the non catholic ones].

As Pope Iíll be able to do even more to show that Iím a caring forgiving kind of bloke; top of the list will be to give my dear ex-wife, Sister Kate, a job managing a Convent somewhere really quiet where there are no men. Sheíll really appreciate the opportuniddy to repent her many sins!

Fire up the Popemobile*, Ďcos here I come [*it will only need a lick of paint, a new Ferrari engine and some kiddie seats].

Pedah x [ <- Iím getting into the roman numerals thing already, as yícan see - lol]

cc. Council Of Valetta, Malta.
Old 12-02-2013, 13:56
bunny55
Forum Member

"Best international male" "Cultural Ambassador" both titles are equally bewildering, PA may not have asked to be CA, but for it to get this far, he certainly didnt say no, the people of Malta said that for him

Anthony Costa performed at one of the Maltese Music Awards, so it gives you an indication of the competition
bunny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 14:00
NotaTypo
Forum Member

Hi Vatican Guys!

Iíve heard that some Benedict bloke has left ya in the lurch. My name is Pedah Andre, and Iím here to help.

Just a few things first: I wanna keep doing my ITV2 reality show, as itís important for Catholics to see their Pope being a great Dad as well as a spiritual leader [am loving the sound of the ĎHoly Fatherí title already - LOL! ].

Iíll also keep my weekly new! magazine column going, as itís a great way to reach out to those of my fans who canít read so good [even the non catholic ones].

As Pope Iíll be able to do even more to show that Iím a caring forgiving kind of bloke; top of the list will be to give my dear ex-wife, Sister Kate, a job managing a Convent somewhere really quiet where there are no men. Sheíll really appreciate the opportuniddy to repent her many sins!

Fire up the Popemobile*, Ďcos here I come [*it will only need a lick of paint, a new Ferrari engine and some kiddie seats].

Pedah x [ <- Iím getting into the roman numerals thing already, as yícan see - lol]

I was impressed with the Official Response from the DOAT (Dad of all time aka God)
NotaTypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 14:03
Azura's Star
Forum Member

Hi Vatican Guys!

Better than 2 DOTY mayonnaise lids any day.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 14:20
lexi22
Inactive Member

I was impressed with the Official Response from the DOAT (Dad of all time aka God)
Lightning or smoke from one of his burning barbies?

Is there no end to this man's talents?

It can only be a matter of time before he's flogging them, his cds and his fakebake at the Vatican branch of the NYCoffee Club.
Old 12-02-2013, 14:46
hunniebun
Forum Member

Peters understanding of why he was given this role......

,"..... and as a surprise they gave me the Cultural Ambassador award for my charity work,"

Valetta's version!

ďIt can be given to someone of certain fame, be fond of Valletta and is willing to help in the promotion of our city abroad,Ē said Dr Dingli.
hunniebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:47
Becky Sharpe

"Last week, we launched our own range of hot dogs. Perhaps I could name one after myself and call it the 'Dre Dog. It'd be very meaty!.."
Katie Price has sent in this suggestion for a promotional pic .
Old 12-02-2013, 16:52
cazzz
Forum Member

Hi Vatican Guys!

I love it
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:56
Viridiana
Forum Member

Am i the only one that reads, Peter Andre upsetting local Mafia?
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:04
Scarlett O Hara
Inactive Member

I wish that were the case.

(Only joking, before anyone has a go...)
Scarlett O Hara is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:05
Azura's Star
Forum Member

I wish...
Imagine the column he'd have to write the week after waking up to find a horse's head in his bed.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:50
luvnlight
Forum Member

No he didn't.

The council of Valetta decided it would be a good idea to bestow this on him because he was voted "Best international male" at the Maltese music awards.and they also thought it would be a good idea because he could promote Valetta on his ITV2 programme.

I doubt he'd lose too much sleep if they took it away from him.
I agree ^^^^

My maltese step grandfather and his family said the uproar is actually more about the fact that a 'foreigner' has been given the post, who has no links with the island. The feeling is that it should have been given to a Maltese celebrity. They would have been just as animated and vocal no matter who it was, if they had no link to the island.
luvnlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 20:13
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Anthony Costa performed at one of the Maltese Music Awards, so it gives you an indication of the competition
Wasn't he in that boyband Blue?
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 23:50
danceslikehippo
Forum Member

I wish...
Imagine the column he'd have to write the week after waking up to find a horse's head in his bed.
now you giving away the 'secret' ingredients to his own brand hotdogs!
danceslikehippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 02:45
Fizzbin
Forum Member

Imho, every Cultural Ambassador needs a consort. And if this doesn't incite the Maltese people to riot, then nothing will.
Unfortunately the Maltese are used to hearing this sort of thing as their folk music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnjrfmuq_qg

So Katie would be right at home. Welcomed, in fact.
Fizzbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 15:08
bunny55
Forum Member

Wasn't he in that boyband Blue?
Yes
bunny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 15:21
lexi22
Inactive Member

Unfortunately the Maltese are used to hearing this sort of thing as their folk music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnjrfmuq_qg

So Katie would be right at home. Welcomed, in fact.
Raw traditional music (even of the slightly screechy kind ) will always win out over the manufactured, gimmick-ridden, over-produced originality-devoid tosh that Andre tries to pass off as music.

Have to laugh at the earlier comment re the issue being that he's not Maltese! HA! Face it, Andre is a cultural void. He is anti-culture in any language and it's clear from the comments at many of the links that that's the issue, not his nationality.