Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Indian Food

Old 30-01-2013, 09:41
Sambda
Forum Member

I had a chicken poori (a kind of savoury bread pancake, stuffed with tikka pieces and a hot sauce/coriander/onions etc) last night, my god, there is sometimes a price to pay the following morning. Think- sting and jam jar circumference...
Known technically by the medical profession as "ring sting".
Sambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-01-2013, 16:52
Cougar Girl
Forum Member

[quote=Sambda;63953152]Known technically by the medical profession as "ring sting".[/QUOTE]

Sounds excruciating . Hubby is taking me to an indian restaurant this weekend. Supposed to be very nice food served at it. Fingers crossed. X
Cougar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 18:44
Summat
Forum Member

[quote=Cougar Girl;63959891]
Known technically by the medical profession as "ring sting".[/QUOTE]

Sounds excruciating . Hubby is taking me to an indian restaurant this weekend. Supposed to be very nice food served at it. Fingers crossed. X
Cool

Just remember to use your womanly charms - and blame him if you don't enjoy it and demand he takes you to another place next week

Seriously though, if you're uncertain about what to try, ask the staff - they should be able to offer good advice (provided that this isn't one of those places stuck in the 70's where the staff refuse to speak to women)

Good luck, and enjoy the food
Summat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 19:59
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Thats cool. I hope you enjoy it. You'll have to come back to the thread and tell us what you had and if you liked it.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 20:20
treefr0g
Forum Member

I used the same Indian Restaurant for deliveries for about 12 years (Zachary's in Hounslow).

The food was absolutely amazing. They did a dish called a chicken Rezala (very hot) which was positively addictive. If I didn't have it for a few weeks I would get withdrawal symptoms.

Then they shut down

In trying to find a replacement I have realised how diverse in quality they are these days. Some of the restaurants I have tried have been truly awful.

Luckily I have now found a good one again.
treefr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:51
Cougar Girl
Forum Member

Hi guys. Well the time eventually came and me and the OH went out to our local Indian restaurant. I tried the Karahi Nawabi, which consisted off Chicken, king prawns and fresh mushrooms cooked with onions, tomatos and home made garlic-chilli sauce. "Chef's Speciality apparantely" lol). Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:56
PrestonAl
Forum Member

Hi guys. Well the time eventually came and me and the OH went out to our local Indian restaurant. I tried the Karahi Nawabi, which consisted off Chicken, king prawns and fresh mushrooms cooked with onions, tomatos and home made garlic-chilli sauce. "Chef's Speciality apparantely" lol). Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot.
Go Korma. Problem solved.
PrestonAl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:07
curvybabes
Forum Member

I used to love going to an Indian Buffet Chicken Tikka Karahi was my favourite, havent been for years .. used to go a lot with family but my son got diagnosed diabetic and although we do still get takeaways its usually chinese hmmmm i think an indian will need to be next weekends treat
curvybabes is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:09
curvybabes
Forum Member

Korma is lovely if you dont want anything spicy or a chicken tikka masala cant go wrong with them
curvybabes is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:29
NewExample
Inactive Member

I love Indian takeaways and restaurants. I also make bloody good Indian and Jamaican curries, even if I say so myself
NewExample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:35
Cougar Girl
Forum Member

I love Indian takeaways and restaurants. I also make bloody good Indian and Jamaican curries, even if I say so myself
When do you want me and the OH over, for your famous Indian curry then?
Old 11-02-2013, 13:05
walterwhite
Forum Member

Spice is not the issue for some people.
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 14:00
fast left
Forum Member

I used the same Indian Restaurant for deliveries for about 12 years (Zachary's in Hounslow).

The food was absolutely amazing. They did a dish called a chicken Rezala (very hot) which was positively addictive. If I didn't have it for a few weeks I would get withdrawal symptoms.

Then they shut down

In trying to find a replacement I have realised how diverse in quality they are these days. Some of the restaurants I have tried have been truly awful.

Luckily I have now found a good one again.
i'm still trying to find a decent indian so many bad expensive and bland ones about.it makes me wonder about peoples taste buds,or lack of
fast left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 16:08
Summat
Forum Member

Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot.
Bah... you tried, though - give you that.

(but doesn't like curry???!?, Shish! <g>)
Summat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 17:39
chuckleberry
Forum Member

I love Durban Mutton Curry and Durban Prawn Curry.

Does anyone know of a restaurant in the UK that serves it?
We used to go to the Seabelle on the North Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Made the best curry I've ever tasted anywhere.
chuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 19:07
CBFreak
Forum Member

Korma is not very nice in my opinion. It's not that it's far less spicy then other curries but that it looks and tastes awful.

A Biriyani might be an option.
CBFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:29
SHAFT
Forum Member

Spice is not the issue for some people.
And people obviously still don't get this!

"I don't like Indian food."
"Why don't you try a korma or a tikka dish?"
"Ummm, because I don't like Indian food."
SHAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 13:02
walterwhite
Forum Member

Nail on head.
Old 12-02-2013, 15:21
Harry Bushmayer
Inactive Member

It's quite a ridculous argument you've put forward, to be fair.

It's not as if Indian food is just one flavour. There's many dishes with many flavours. I'm almost certain there's some Indian foods you would like.
Harry Bushmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:29
SHAFT
Forum Member

It's not as if Indian food is just one flavour. There's many dishes with many flavours. I'm almost certain there's some Indian foods you would like.
Not ridiculous at all. I've probably tried more Indian dishes than most people here over the years. Hated all of them.
SHAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:35
whoever,hey
Forum Member

Not ridiculous at all. I've probably tried more Indian dishes than most people here over the years. Hated all of them.
Yet people like other spicy food and they cant say why. It must just be the continent.
whoever,hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:41
Shappy
Forum Member

Strange, in all my travels around the world, I've never been to a country where I don't like at least some of the dishes.
Shappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 21:32
walterwhite
Forum Member

Yet there are people out there who don't like it. So you are wrong.