Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Martine McCutcheon declared bankrupt

Old 12-02-2013, 15:40
The Turk
Forum Member

As she gets killed before the opening credits start, it's worth a quick look on itv player plus they put her in possibly the most unflattering dress I've seen in a long time. It's not quite up there with 'death by having wine bottles lobbed at you whilst being staked out on your lawn', but it's a good 'un for Midsomer Murders
Still my favourite MM moment and overall episode.
The Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-02-2013, 15:44
Declan_Khan
Forum Member

I think her "death by cheese" was a metaphor for her career, perhaps a rewrite after they had to deal with her behaviour on set. She's not exactly the most well rounded talent with her cheesy acting and it's led to her becoming a taste for a very selective audience to the point her career is dead.
Declan_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:46
kitten12
Forum Member

I am sure I recall her turning down Stictly a couple of years ago citing that she was "too busy". I may have posted somehing at the time along the lines of "too many yoghurt ads to film?"

I suppose she wouldn't be able able to skive off Srictly the same way she did My Fair Lady and then get awarded for doing so.
kitten12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:47
occy
Forum Member

She will be clean / dissolved by 2014. Only a year to get her finances back on track. I suppose every little bit of work pays the creditors and something to live on.
occy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 15:50
Declan_Khan
Forum Member

I am sure I recall her turning down Stictly a couple of years ago citing that she was "too busy". I may have posted somehing at the time along the lines of "too many yoghurt ads to film?"

I suppose she wouldn't be able able to skive off Srictly the same way she did My Fair Lady and then get awarded for doing so.
I think she'd literally have to beg BBC for another opportunity given her history with them.
Old 12-02-2013, 16:02
gold2040
Forum Member

I'm not a bailiff, but I would still smash her back doors in.
gold2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:05
downtonfan
Forum Member

Did she write the article herself?
downtonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:25
flyingv
Forum Member

She will be clean / dissolved by 2014. Only a year to get her finances back on track. I suppose every little bit of work pays the creditors and something to live on.
This is the bit I don't get. My understanding is that normal, non-celeb people don't have a bankruptcy order dissolved until 6 years have passed irrespective of whether you clear your debts or not. It's something that's meant to stay on your financial records for 6 years, so how is it that hers only lasts a year? Perhaps you get special rates if you're a celeb... Agree with the earlier poster who said she has most likely 'bought' houses and cars for family and close friends so that it seems as if she has no assets that can be used by HMRC as payment of her tax bill. She must not have paid tax for yonks to have a bill of £417k.
flyingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:35
whatever54
Forum Member

As she gets killed before the opening credits start, it's worth a quick look on itv player plus they put her in possibly the most unflattering dress I've seen in a long time. It's not quite up there with 'death by having wine bottles lobbed at you whilst being staked out on your lawn', but it's a good 'un for Midsomer Murders
thanks, sadly my computer is so outdated it can't cope with itvplayer or anything that modern
I will keep my eye out for the repeat, sure it won't be long

Anyway back to this bankrupcy, It's what happens if you doolittle about paying your taxes
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:41
Agent Krycek
Forum Member

Yup

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/...-strictly.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/...ed-dancer.html
Agent Krycek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:58
I23
Forum Member

I would forgive her anything as she threw up in Mick Hucknells hair (dreadlocks) and she did such a good job of that he had to have it cut off
I23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:07
Declan_Khan
Forum Member

I would forgive her anything as she threw up in Mick Hucknells hair (dreadlocks) and she did such a good job of that he had to have it cut off
Being impressed with drunks that vomit on people is a fairly low bar. II personally don't applaud hobos just because they can drink a bottle of whiskey and then urinate high enough for it to land on people's heads because disgusting actions relating to bodily functions are not quite getting a degree to me.
Old 12-02-2013, 17:11
M@nterik
Forum Member

I like Martine but sorry my sympathies lie with those who lose their jobs while buying a house and bringing up their families. Martine must have earned the money to owe the tax, so if she squandered it, it is her fault, she had more than most in her day, so she has to accept the responsibility and try to get work to pay off her creditors who apart from the taxman have their own bills to pay.
I agree entirely. I like her but the comments about 'My Fair Lady' are fair as is the above.

She should not be allowed to simply go bankrupt and run away from her liabilities.

Let's face it, like Anthea Turner, she is hardly likely to end up struggling in a council flat.
M@nterik is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:16
pearlj
Forum Member

she will have to start her acting career from scratch again in scottish division three with 'ally mcoist' as her agen
Could not have a better agent, if he were to become one.
pearlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:50
looby383x
Forum Member

This is the bit I don't get. My understanding is that normal, non-celeb people don't have a bankruptcy order dissolved until 6 years have passed irrespective of whether you clear your debts or not. It's something that's meant to stay on your financial records for 6 years, so how is it that hers only lasts a year? Perhaps you get special rates if you're a celeb... Agree with the earlier poster who said she has most likely 'bought' houses and cars for family and close friends so that it seems as if she has no assets that can be used by HMRC as payment of her tax bill. She must not have paid tax for yonks to have a bill of £417k.
Most people are discharged after approximately a year, celeb or non-celeb. After that, I think, then people may be asked to continue paying momeny to the insolvency people. It continues to stay on your financial record for, as you say, longer than that
looby383x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:53
Goaty
Forum Member

Was that same one that shout at very important man who foot on her dress at Oscars party?
Goaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 17:59
kieranyeah123
Forum Member

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she starts appearing in all the magazines with the title "Martine McCutcheon : My bankruptcy hell"
kieranyeah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:03
Flanno
Forum Member

Was that same one that shout at very important man who foot on her dress at Oscars party?
Yes indeed!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-at-sir-539429
Flanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:04
Verence
Forum Member

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she starts appearing in all the magazines with the title "Martine McCutcheon : My bankruptcy hell"
This^^^
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:09
whatever54
Forum Member

haha what a great article, thanks for that, loved the bit about her dancing
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:33
bigheather
Forum Member

Jonathan Pryce being fairly diplomatic about McCutcheon's absenteeism during My Fair Lady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHSfMYm7_Q
bigheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:37
DE53
Forum Member

I like Martine but sorry my sympathies lie with those who lose their jobs while buying a house and bringing up their families. Martine must have earned the money to owe the tax, so if she squandered it, it is her fault, she had more than most in her day, so she has to accept the responsibility and try to get work to pay off her creditors who apart from the taxman have their own bills to pay.
yes , you don't rack up a tax bill like that on the minimum wage do you
DE53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:52
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Living it large is a dangerous thing to do. You need to be a strong personality like Big Boy Barry to do that. It can take control of you.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:59
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

What happened in Hollywood?
Cricklewood surely
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 19:19
downtonfan
Forum Member

Now this article is more like it: from the Mirror

"If you’re a fan of EastEnders, yogurts and one-hit wonders then you might want to put the kettle on before you carry on reading this sad story."

LOL!
downtonfan is offline   Reply With Quote