Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Torvill and Dean had a fling.

Old 14-02-2013, 13:11
exlordlucan
Forum Member

He used to swing her about on the ice so does that count as a fling?
exlordlucan is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-02-2013, 13:44
D22
Forum Member

i remember watching a documentary years ago of them in training , he was absolutely vile to her and on camera too . I can only wonder what that relationship must have been like .
I remember that documentary - he really was vile and very verbally abusive towards her.
D22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:46
Penny Crayon
Forum Member

Hahahaha! I want to do that with mine now! I don't think Jean Claude and Alec Baldwin would be too happy about me throwing them around though

My best friend at the time and I had it taped off the telly. We were very young and tried to do the dance in the living room every day. No surprise that he eventually came out as gay

OMG

Are you my sons mate??? His initials aren't BW by any chance are they? Or perhaps there were lots of little lads (later coming out as gay) that did that. I took him to Sheffield to see their tour ........happy days
Penny Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:49
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

LOL
My first pets were 2 stick insects and I called them Torvill & Dean. I used to pick them up and twirl them about in the air, whilst humming the bolero music
lol,
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:54
bullman
Forum Member

I dunno. I always though he was, you know.
You're quite right he is an ex-copper
bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:04
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Loving the stick insects story, BB. Might try it with a couple of my guinea pigs, Buzz and Vyvyan.

Well, maybe not.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:32
alanwarwic
Forum Member

...he was absolutely vile to her and on camera too.
He was pushy and that was exactly why they got to the top.

So what if they had a fling. Sex is only the tick box in our perception of a relationship.
alanwarwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:34
Yorkie47
Forum Member

Dunno and don't care.

So rude. Why contribute to a thread you have no interest in?
Yorkie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:41
kiviraat
Forum Member

OMG

Are you my sons mate??? His initials aren't BW by any chance are they? Or perhaps there were lots of little lads (later coming out as gay) that did that. I took him to Sheffield to see their tour ........happy days
Lol, I'm afraid I'm not the person in question
kiviraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 13:07
FairyFeet1964
Forum Member

LOL
My first pets were 2 stick insects and I called them Torvill & Dean. I used to pick them up and twirl them about in the air, whilst humming the bolero music
That image has had me roaring with laughter for about 10 minutes I think that image will be imprinted on my mind for ever - I don't think I will ever be able to hear Bolero again without thinking about stick insects! thank you for brightening up my day
FairyFeet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 14:16
Jo March
Forum Member

i remember watching a documentary years ago of them in training , he was absolutely vile to her and on camera too . I can only wonder what that relationship must have been like .
She was in tears wasn't she?
Jo March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 14:25
len112
Forum Member

She was in tears wasn't she?
I think she was , he came over as a real control freak , god only knows why she would have got with him . She must have had esteem issues .
len112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:22
alanwarwic
Forum Member

Funny that you would never even have heard of a T & D if they had been just your average "nice people".
alanwarwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:40
celtic star
Forum Member

If this is true my guess would be it was very recently .

Whilst watching DOI only last Sunday , my daughter picked up on thier body language and faces they were pulling , it was like they were seething with each other . Moreso Jayne .
This was so obvious to my daughter she rewound and kept pausing it every time they were on camera , to prove it to me .

We just thought they must have had a major falling out before the show , because i knew of the documentary before , and also knew how they could rise above it and be proffessional .
celtic star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 19:07
diamond1
Forum Member

If this is true my guess would be it was very recently .

Whilst watching DOI only last Sunday , my daughter picked up on thier body language and faces they were pulling , it was like they were seething with each other . Moreso Jayne .
This was so obvious to my daughter she rewound and kept pausing it every time they were on camera , to prove it to me .

We just thought they must have had a major falling out before the show , because i knew of the documentary before , and also knew how they could rise above it and be proffessional .
their "dabble" was when they were teenagers

Jayne's married and twice divorced Chris is now in a relationship with Karen Barber
diamond1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:39
Rob1985
Forum Member

Thought they were married?
Rob1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:42
turquoiseblue
Forum Member

I passed Christopher Dean in the street. He was walking towards the ice stadium in Nottingham carrying a take away coffee.
turquoiseblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 23:27
Scarlett O Hara
Inactive Member

Didn't everyone and their dog already know this?

Please don't tell me this is being reported as news anywhere!!!
Scarlett O Hara is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 02:45
Becky Sharpe

I don't think Jean Claude and Alec Baldwin would be too happy about me throwing them around though
Not good news for stick insects/other pets, but I quite like the concept IRO their human namesakes
Becky Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 11:36
wilehelmas
Forum Member

To me they were always one of those maybe couples who for some reason, I didn't WANT to know the inner intimacies/details of whatever/not potential relationship they might have.

I loved them as performers, they did the country proud and they were so wonderful and entertaining to watch when they were being professional, on ice, doing their thing.

But the rest, a bit like the Krankies, I could well do without knowing tbh. Not comparing them directly to them. Just imo that same weird vibe where it was either too intense or seemed control issues?
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote