Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Prom Dresses - where to buy??

Old 09-02-2013, 14:31
Simi89
Forum Member

Debenhams, Monsoon (where I got mine! The staff were so helpful), Coast, Quiz Clothing also New Look might be worth a shot.

My friend used this website www.lightinthebox.com and her dress was stunning and wasn't expensive however I believe the dresses are made in China and take about a month to arrive so you would have to make sure you allow enough time for it to arrive and possible alterations. There is so much choice though so worth considering if you are willing to put up with the wait.
Simi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-02-2013, 17:32
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I don't remember all of this when we had our "leavers disco" back in the eighties!
I bet the disco was good fun! I don't understand why schools these days have to have proms instead of discos. I think the school prom is just an American import that has no place in British culture, a bit like trick or treating really.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 19:46
GiraffeGirl
Forum Member

I bet the disco was good fun! I don't understand why schools these days have to have proms instead of discos. I think the school prom is just an American import that has no place in British culture, a bit like trick or treating really.
I can partially agree. I don't really understand why my year 11s have a prom when 70% of them stay into the sixth form anyway.

But having said that, I much prefer attending year 11 prom as the issues with drink at sixth form prom are such a headache.
GiraffeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 20:46
AnnieApple
Forum Member

Well I've either wasted 15 or had a result as i've won a dark green fishtail ballgown on ebay that looks exactly right.

I don't mind paying to alter it at that price.

Fingers crossed she likes it when it arrives
AnnieApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 10:19
eluf38
Forum Member

Well I've either wasted 15 or had a result as i've won a dark green fishtail ballgown on ebay that looks exactly right.

I don't mind paying to alter it at that price.

Fingers crossed she likes it when it arrives
One I'd originally spotted went for 15:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISH-TAIL-...p2047675.l2557

Not the same one, by any chance?

15 is a bargain - you could even have sequins or detail added at that price!
eluf38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 20:13
AnnieApple
Forum Member

[quote]One I'd originally spotted went for 15:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISH-TAIL-...p2047675.l2557

Not the same one, by any chance?

15 is a bargain - you could even have sequins or detail added at that price/QUOTE]

No not that one (although I loved it) - she wanted strapless - not that she was being specific or anything.

Anyway it arrived today and its beautiful. Its slightly too big (I'm soo jealous that a size 6 has got to be taken in!) and she'd quite like some bling on it but I'm prepared to pay to get bits done to it if she loves it as i'll have saved a fortune.
AnnieApple is offline   Reply With Quote