Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Closed Thread
Old 14-02-2013, 23:58
kezo
Forum Member

That new Carol McGiffin ad .... oh well if you can't get enough of "loose women" you now have her on an ad (I think its for kitchens)
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-02-2013, 00:23
crowby1
Forum Member

That new Carol McGiffin ad .... oh well if you can't get enough of "loose women" you now have her on an ad (I think its for kitchens)
It's about getting rid of an old boiler. I think it's supposed to be ironic that its her saying it.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:59
ilovenicnacs
Forum Member

For all those who are not a fan of the pretentious perfume ads, you might like the advert for Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask (a new show starting on Dave). I'll say no more!
Seen it, brilliant parody "why don't you like my new shirt" lol.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:46
RedHed
Forum Member

Any advert that features a babyish, bland female singer whining along to an 80's ballad (making it their own!) - one that springs to mind is the herbal tea one.... "if i coooooould, then i wooooooould, i'll go wherewever you will goooooo" urrgggh!
Old 15-02-2013, 10:26
kezo
Forum Member

It's about getting rid of an old boiler. I think it's supposed to be ironic that its her saying it.
I didnt think she was an "old boiler"
Old 15-02-2013, 14:23
valkay
Forum Member

I didnt think she was an "old boiler"
Chris Evans did.
Old 15-02-2013, 17:57
Kazz_x
Forum Member

Irn Bru advert with "Fanny." Just really grates on me!

Any mascara or perfume advert too. I love mascara but I don't need someone with fake eyelashes and a professional make-up artist telling me that their mascara works that way. And perfume ads just do not make any sense!!!

Just seen a Greggs advert "Why bother making it yourself when you can..." Basically spend your money on food you don't need that is gonna contribute to making you fat. If you don't like what you're making yourself for lunch then change it.

I'm in a rather bad mood today
Kazz_x is online now Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 15-02-2013, 18:14
TracerTong
Forum Member

The Sky ads with the people amazed at being able to watch movies on their iPads.

All that's missing is the eager clapping of hands, swinging their feet and saying excitedly, 'Shiny!!! Shiny!!!'

Talk about treating your customer base with contempt.
TracerTong is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 15-02-2013, 18:19
crowby1
Forum Member

The Sky ads with the people amazed at being able to watch movies on their iPads.

All that's missing is the eager clapping of hands, swinging their feet and saying excitedly, 'Shiny!!! Shiny!!!'

Quite a mixed bag of freaks. I particularly enjoy pointing and laughing at the Chinese bloke whose head is too big for his face.

I treat these adverts with equal contempt to that they treat us with.
Old 15-02-2013, 19:59
grimtales1
Forum Member

For all those who are not a fan of the pretentious perfume ads, you might like the advert for Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask (a new show starting on Dave). I'll say no more!
Haha that ad did make me laugh I like that show, so looking forward to the new series
Old 15-02-2013, 20:28
BellaRosa
Forum Member

All moisturiser ads for wrinkles, bags etc and the model is only in her 20's or less
Old 15-02-2013, 20:32
sandydune
Forum Member

The Pukka Pie advert is quite funny.
Old 15-02-2013, 20:37
kezo
Forum Member

Irn Bru advert with "Fanny." Just really grates on me!

Any mascara or perfume advert too. I love mascara but I don't need someone with fake eyelashes and a professional make-up artist telling me that their mascara works that way. And perfume ads just do not make any sense!!!

Just seen a Greggs advert "Why bother making it yourself when you can..." Basically spend your money on food you don't need that is gonna contribute to making you fat. If you don't like what you're making yourself for lunch then change it.

I'm in a rather bad mood today
Agree on that Irn Bru ... aye he'll grow up in a bunch of fannies .... good way contempt your child to bullying in later life

Thank god no one out there has called their child Fanny or am I just wishing
Old 15-02-2013, 20:38
kezo
Forum Member

And yet they speak about "catching up" on it all either on Sky News or Sky Go .... Sky Go shut up!

The next ad will contempt their viewers with someone from TOWIE
Old 15-02-2013, 21:04
Ennoea
Forum Member

Yeah the McDonald ads are the worst, they're trying to advertise like how they're some pivotal part of our lives.

First it was the "See you Lataaa, what does that even mean?" ad, what do you think it bloody means love. And now it's bonding with your step son over heart disease.
Old 15-02-2013, 21:16
miss buzzybee
Forum Member

Scientology now advertising on itv !
miss buzzybee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 15-02-2013, 21:22
kezo
Forum Member

The Quit Smoking ad ..... Ok thank you for the info on cancer etc but I don't smoke and I find the ad a turn off!

Yes and what will happen when people stop smoking?? You going after the people that "keep fit" next ... its like a vicious circle here!
Old 15-02-2013, 21:30
grimtales1
Forum Member

Scientology now advertising on itv !
I've seen posters for that on the underground - "Think for yourself" etc... ironic that a religious, probably evil, cult is saying "Think for yourself" (!)
Old 15-02-2013, 21:32
miss buzzybee
Forum Member

I've seen posters for that on the underground - "Think for yourself" etc... ironic that a religious, probably evil, cult is saying "Think for yourself" (!)
Yes it's the same advert now extended and on TV
miss buzzybee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 15-02-2013, 23:06
LYNN(E)
Forum Member

The one encouraging healthy eating with the cartoon characters slobbing out on a couch
All that slurping is utterly revolting have to mute it
Old 15-02-2013, 23:32
jumpingjacflash
Forum Member

The one with Patsy Kensit wanting to get her confidence back.......there's a shot of her feet from behind as she's walking in heels that bugs me beyond reason. Wonky, wobbly walking. No idea why it bothers me, but it does.
Old 15-02-2013, 23:38
MiaBird
Forum Member

Still can't work out why they are propelling maltesters into the air? eat them!!!!
It shows how light and fluffy they are, Silly!
Old 16-02-2013, 05:30
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Any advert that features a babyish, bland female singer whining along to an 80's ballad (making it their own!) - one that springs to mind is the herbal tea one.... "if i coooooould, then i wooooooould, i'll go wherewever you will goooooo" urrgggh!
Yep

Twee singers are a common complaint on this site, and rightly so.

Enough is enough.
Old 16-02-2013, 06:38
best boy
Forum Member

Except.....he says he'll have 'three amusing guests...'

So that'll be Millican and two others.
Old 16-02-2013, 08:48
ilovenicnacs
Forum Member

Chris Evans did.
Talk about pot and kettle, has he looked in the mirror lately.

Closed Thread