Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 14-02-2013, 04:02
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

He was married until last year.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-02-2013, 09:32
wallster
Forum Member

Christiano Ronaldo, skin tight silver hotpants, pays a surrogate in the USA to have his baby, I rest my case.
A convincing case
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 09:33
wallster
Forum Member

Wasn't Elton John married to a woman once?
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 12:17
*Clem*
Forum Member

Yes.... So is John Travolta. And many more.
*Clem* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:33
leleblahblah
Forum Member

lachie , timmy and mark are the gay one in the overtones
leleblahblah is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:53
nheaney
Forum Member

the pope
nheaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 22:04
James Cosmo
Forum Member

Mark Wright
James Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 22:39
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Yes.... So is John Travolta. And many more.
And Michael Barrymore was.I really don't understand why people think been married to a woman means they're straight.They could be bi or sadly just affraid to come out.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 23:35
monrose
Inactive Member

Also, wasn't Paul O'Grady married to a woman once?
monrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 01:26
glaschelle
Forum Member

Also, wasn't Paul O'Grady married to a woman once?
If I remember right from Paul's book, it was a marriage of convenience to let the woman stay in the UK.

But he has got a daughter from relationship in his teens.

And is now a doting grand-father.

His books are brill! He's had an really interesting life. Even before he went into showbiz!
glaschelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 03:23
Get Den Watts
Forum Member

And Michael Barrymore was.I really don't understand why people think been married to a woman means they're straight.They could be bi or sadly just affraid to come out.
There is, however, an outside chance that men who are married to women are straight.
Get Den Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 03:42
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

There is, however, an outside chance that men who are married to women are straight.
Not on DS there isn't, it would seem!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 07:27
Daughterqueen
Inactive Member

I worked for a local radio station in the late 80s/early 90s. The managing director was openly gay and had a very close friendship with Philip Scofield. I can't say any more than that but the signs were always there

Continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1263471
Well known fact Pip was Peter Powells boyfriend
Daughterqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 09:36
Karis
Forum Member

Why shouldn't I be able to pronounce, if relevant, that I find gay sex repellent? But I can't if I know what's good for me. In the modern world I am best advised to keep my mouth shut. So there are many sides to this issue.
And here's what gets my goat. It doesn't affect you in ANY way. I mean, really. You're not having the sex so why are you even posting about it. I don't like anchovies but I'd not go around telling people how repellent I find them!

This really does appear to be unresolved issues you have as you clearly want to vent your issues on homosexuality.
Karis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 15:18
attackmusic
Forum Member

Not on DS there isn't, it would seem!
I know! It is ridiculous. 99% of men married to women are straight. It is unfortunate that a few men do it to hide their sexuality, as do some women married to men but it is an exception and not a rule.

Considering that 90% or more people are estimated to be straight it is ridiculous on here how many people dismiss someone saying they are hetrosexual. Chances are they aren't lying

Speculating is different to deciding someone's sexuality for them. That is what I hate! It's like all the people who refused to believe Gareth Thomas was gay because he is masculine. Not all gay men are really camp One of my best friends is a lesbian and people have refused to believe she is a lesbian. It's ridiculous and it works both ways!

If you think someone might be gay and they say they are straight, it is insane to say they are clearly lying. Only they know for sure.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 18:59
MadManWithABox
Forum Member

This is never quite as straightforward as some would like it too appear to.

My younger brother is gay and he is the brother I am closest to but also a very good friend. We are very close and I stay with him every week when I go to London to work. If anything (though I'm not too sure why) he is rather homophobic. I also have several gay friends. I first became more relaxed about gays (people of my age - I'm 63 - grew up when being gay or lesbian wasn't half as accepted as now, if at all, and in the early days it was still snigger, snigger, snigger) when I matured a little and was at times very lonely. It occurred to me that it could be quite tough being lonely and gay and that everyone, gay or straight, deserved the closeness and companionship which love brings.

But here is what I am saying: the idea of having sex with another guy really, really turns me off. And I know that the idea of having sex with another woman turns many women off. Yet in the modern climate of I really have to be careful of saying because I could be found guilty of homophobia. And that isn't quite right either.

Why shouldn't I be able to pronounce, if relevant, that I find gay sex repellent? But I can't if I know what's good for me. In the modern world I am best advised to keep my mouth shut. So there are many sides to this issue.
There aren't really. It boils down to this.

It's fine for people to be gay.

It's fine for them to have gay sex.

It's unproductive to label gay sex 'repellant', especially since you say you're okay with gay people.

You can be okay with gay people without finding gay sex appealing. If you found it appealing, then you'd be gay.

That's why many straight people are okay with gay people, yet attracted to the opposite sex.

It's not complicated at all. Just don't go around saying that things are 'repellent' because that can easily be misconstrued as you hating gay people. The reason people probably KICK OFF with you when you say that is because it comes off as homophobic - OBVIOUSLY you don't find gay sex appealing because you're straight, everyone knows that so there's no point spelling it out. When you DO spell it out, it therefore looks like homophobia, because it gets a response of 'Well yeah, of course you don't like gay sex - you're straight - so why mention it other than to try and criticise gay people in some way?'.
MadManWithABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 20:53
jerseyporter
Forum Member

Ok, I know this is a bit OT, but the debate most recently seems to have revolved around the word 'repellent' in regard to who might be having sex with whom!

I'm a straight married female, but my equally straight partner (like a lot of straight men ) likes woman-on-woman fantasy stuff. I've often wondered what it is about men that makes them like that (or, rather, not find it 'repellent'!) whereas myself, and most other straight women I know, really don't care for two men 'doing it'!

Ok, maybe that's not the best example to give, but what I'm trying to say is that it's all relative, and the word 'repellent' is sometimes misused/misrepresented/misunderstood by both those who say the words, and those who read/hear them.

For the record, my oldest friend is gay, but I've never once has the word 'repellent' entered into my thoughts. But again, perhaps it's relative - has anyone thought gay people might find the idea of heterosexual sexual acts 'repellent' But would that be ok? Not trying to rationalise anything, just saying that sometimes words are said and not necessarily used in the ways they were intended - I'm an English teacher, welcome to my world, lol!
jerseyporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 21:10
attackmusic
Forum Member

I'm a straight married female, but my equally straight partner (like a lot of straight men ) likes woman-on-woman fantasy stuff. I've often wondered what it is about men that makes them like that (or, rather, not find it 'repellent'!) whereas myself, and most other straight women I know, really don't care for two men 'doing it'!
I am a bisexual female and I find two women together hot, but not two men together. I don't know why! It doesn't bother me though. There are women who find two men kissing a turn on, but most of them don't. Who knows why it is

I think the word repellent is problematic. Obviously most men aren't going to like the idea of two men kissing, but to say they find it repellent or disgusting is a bit much imo. I used to be friends with a lesbian who said two men kissing was repulsive. I stopped being friends with her because that is homophobic and hypocritical. Obviously she wasn't attracted to men but to say you are disgusted by something is not the same as being a bit uncomfortable
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:09
jerseyporter
Forum Member

I am a bisexual female and I find two women together hot, but not two men together. I don't know why! It doesn't bother me though. There are women who find two men kissing a turn on, but most of them don't. Who knows why it is

I think the word repellent is problematic. Obviously most men aren't going to like the idea of two men kissing, but to say they find it repellent or disgusting is a bit much imo. I used to be friends with a lesbian who said two men kissing was repulsive. I stopped being friends with her because that is homophobic and hypocritical. Obviously she wasn't attracted to men but to say you are disgusted by something is not the same as being a bit uncomfortable
BIB - that was my original point! (Apart from being bisexual, lol!). I didn't mean to be confusing! I don't understand it either - and, for the record, many straight women also find woman-on-woman erotic; now, why on earth should THAT be?! (Rhetorical question - I don't know the answer!).

But if straight (or bisexual) men find woman-on-woman erotic (or, in the words of this thread, 'not repellent') doesn't logic say women (or bisexual) women should find men-on-men erotic/not repellent? And yet we mostly don't?!

So basically, I agree with you in what you say - words are dangerous, aren't they?! Repellent/uncomfortable - maybe some people mean one when they say the other? But to be so blunt (i.e. the people who find gay sex 'repellent' for any reason) when it's likely many people will interpret the words equally bluntly is a little open to confusion (and that's putting it euphemistically!).
jerseyporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:30
sands11

More women like some two men together stuff than would admit it. What about fan fiction and all that genre. It's not just some tame romantic stories either.

Then there are the girls obsessed with members of bands dating each other. You can't really make statements about what other people like.
sands11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 23:23
Cryolemon
Forum Member

It is definitely a bit odd. I'm a bisexual man, and I find two women together hot, and I can find two men together hot, but I'm more picky with what kinds of men I find attractive.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 21:42
Ovalteenie
Forum Member

Christiano Ronaldo, skin tight silver hotpants, pays a surrogate in the USA to have his baby, I rest my case.
Expect an announcement in about 10 years time when he retires
Ovalteenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 22:18
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Tim Roth just nearly outed Dec on Jonathan Ross.

I don't know if he is or not but some people,myself included have made comments about it and then Tim Roth says that.ROFL.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 23:37
patrick95
Forum Member

From Blind Gossip:

The Handsome Villain

This talented actor manages to be both handsome and a little creepy at the same time. The mix has worked well for him in several of his most famous roles. In fact, he played the antagonist in one of the highest-grossing movies of all time. Although he was the love interest in that movie, he has always been very quiet about his personal life. He's been married and divorced, but you rarely hear about him dating. That may change soon.

He is taking with his friends about coming out as a gay man. He is unsure how this will effect his career. He is under 50 years of age, he is not currently signed to a major agency, and he hasn't played the lead in a big film in a while. Since he already has 50+ credits to his name, and tends to work on multiple films each year, he hopes this will not impact his career negatively. In fact, he rather optimistically hopes that the added attention may help his name bubble to the surface for some major leading roles that will be cast this year.

patrick95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 03:10
Makson
Forum Member

From Blind Gossip:

The Handsome Villain

This talented actor manages to be both handsome and a little creepy at the same time. The mix has worked well for him in several of his most famous roles. In fact, he played the antagonist in one of the highest-grossing movies of all time. Although he was the love interest in that movie, he has always been very quiet about his personal life. He's been married and divorced, but you rarely hear about him dating. That may change soon.

He is taking with his friends about coming out as a gay man. He is unsure how this will effect his career. He is under 50 years of age, he is not currently signed to a major agency, and he hasn't played the lead in a big film in a while. Since he already has 50+ credits to his name, and tends to work on multiple films each year, he hopes this will not impact his career negatively. In fact, he rather optimistically hopes that the added attention may help his name bubble to the surface for some major leading roles that will be cast this year.

Billy Zane came to mind immediately?!
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote