Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What are you reading at the moment? (Part 4)

Old 19-02-2013, 12:05
trinity2002
Forum Member

I started Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning, yesterday and am about halfway through already, really enjoying it.
The whole series is fantastic. It's probably my favourite Urban Fantasy series after Kim Harrison's The Hollows.
trinity2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:32
Lizzy11268
Forum Member

About to start "Angelmaker" by Nick Harkaway. "The Gone Away World" is one of my favourite books in the entire universe, so am hoping that this one will be added to that list

Also having a re-read. "Into the Darkest Corner" by Elizabeth Haynes.

Just finished "Catch Me" by Lisa Gardner. Quite enjoyed this especially as the Quincy's made a cameo appearance
Lizzy11268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 18:59
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

Me too - we did the Woman in Black for GCSE years ago and I thought it was really atmospheric.
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 19:51
BellaRosa
Forum Member

Eloise. Judy Finnigan.
I have never known a book to have so many spelling mistakes and even a couple of words missing. Shame on who proof read this...... or didn't.

Now reading Derek Tangye. The Confusion Room.
BellaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:16
crazysusan
Forum Member

About to start The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. It's quite a hefty book but has had some very good reviews. Looking forward to it.
I am a big fan of Kate Morton and did enjoy this book
crazysusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 14:11
KitKat21
Forum Member

Disappear - Iain Edward Henn. Interesting so far!

Also ordered Wool - Hugh Howey.
KitKat21 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 17:23
poppycat
Forum Member

Currently reading Time Riders by Alex Scarrow. Really enjoying it so far, it's a YA novel but as usual I enjoy them as much (if not more!) than 'grown up' books.
poppycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 17:26
andallthatjazz
Forum Member

Just finished Wonder by R J Palacio....you got to read this one. Can't put it down yet I don't want it to end!

Picking up Afterwards by Lupton again which I'm really struggling to get into.
andallthatjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 17:43
mimicole
Forum Member

I had to study The Great Gatsby for AS English Literature and never thought that I would enjoy reading it again but seeing as there is a film coming out soon I thought it would be a good idea to refresh my memory. I'm enjoying it so far.

Last edited by mimicole : 20-02-2013 at 17:43. Reason: spelling mistake
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 18:41
Reddybook
Forum Member

Under the Dome - Stephen King
Rather glad I finished this, as I became more desperate and drepressed as the story progressed.
I was sucked intto the story and since then, I haven't been able to thinnk about anything else
Riveting story telling, likeable good guys, violent bad guys and a whole lot of shooting going on.
Now it's out of my system, I'm going to read something light and undemanding.
Reddybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 19:49
Johnny Clay
Forum Member

Just finished Dark Matter by Michelle Paver.

Extremely well-written and very evocative of its arctic setting, though as a ghost story it did feel a little anti-climactic. Perhaps it would've worked better as short story (there's a strong element of M.R. James about it), but overall as a few nights spooky entertainment it works well enough.

Now onto something a bit weightier which has been staring at me from the bookcase for ages: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
Johnny Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:28
Smithy1204
Forum Member

I am reading Between A Mother and Her Child - Elizabeth Noble. It's not bad so far.
Smithy1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:53
-Sid-
Forum Member

I am a big fan of Kate Morton and did enjoy this book
Yes she writes beautifully although I sometimes wish she'd get to the point a bit sooner! Good story though.

Under the Dome - Stephen King
Rather glad I finished this, as I became more desperate and drepressed as the story progressed.
I was sucked intto the story and since then, I haven't been able to thinnk about anything else
Riveting story telling, likeable good guys, violent bad guys and a whole lot of shooting going on.
Now it's out of my system, I'm going to read something light and undemanding.
One of the few books I'd consider reading again. Simply brilliant (and you're right, you do get completely drawn in and the characters become real).
-Sid- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:58
voice no reason
Forum Member

Has anyone read Skallagrig by William Horwood? I read it years ago and have read a whole forrest load of books since, but have never forgotten it.
voice no reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 21:20
Johnny Clay
Forum Member

Has anyone read Skallagrig by William Horwood? I read it years ago and have read a whole forrest load of books since, but have never forgotten it.
Not read the book but have been meaning to.

I saw the BBC television film made of it in the mid-nineties and thought that was very good indeed, so I've often wondered how they compare.
Johnny Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:53
Purple85
Forum Member

The Trap by Kimberley Chambers. Really look forward to her books coming out and this one isn't disappointing me!
Purple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 12:23
Yvie123
Forum Member

The Hollywood Book of Death by James Parrish
A collection of very short biographies of various Hollywood stars and the manner of their passing.
Not as ghoulish as it sounds - honest!
Yvie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 13:45
Muze
Forum Member

I read somewhere, probably on here, that Seven Pillars of Wisdom was a difficult read.... so I thought I'd have a go.

Throw myself in at the deep end
Muze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 17:40
Mishcoll
Forum Member

Just finished The Mystery of Mercy Close, Marian Keyes, brilliant book as all hers hae been

Just started My Mad Fat Diary ( have been watching the tv show) and its an enjoyable read so far
Mishcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:40
Reddybook
Forum Member

Wait For Me - Elizabeth Naughton
Reddybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 00:38
Cellar_Door
Forum Member

Currently reading Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion after reading some positive reviews on Goodreads and thought I'd check it out. Zombies aren't really my thing but the synopsis sounded a little different from the average brain munching stuff around, so hopefully it'll be good.
Cellar_Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 02:09
angiebroch
Forum Member

I've just finished No Child of Mine by Susan Lewis and found it really gripping. Just one minor gripe tho - the character of Alex was just too good to be true. She didn't appear to have any faults! But it was a darn good read anyhow.
angiebroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 08:23
Suzywong 63
Forum Member

Just finished Wonder by R J Palacio....you got to read this one. Can't put it down yet I don't want it to end!

Picking up Afterwards by Lupton again which I'm really struggling to get into.
Afterwards was another one I gave up on,it had some great reviews but I couldnt get into it at all.
Suzywong 63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 14:30
mulderfan
Forum Member

Close to the bone by Stuart MacBride-very good
mulderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 17:30
dymafi
Forum Member

Finished Can You Forgive Her ? .. The first of Trollope's Palliser novels .. I've read a couple in the series before .. they are not as accessible as the Barsetshire Chronicles .. but if you like a bit of 19th century political intrigue they'r great. This tale is a but strung out to be honest .. but there's wonderful characters such as Chessacre and Bellfield to lighten the mood!
dymafi is offline   Reply With Quote