Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Changing ownership of IPad

Old 22-02-2013, 08:21
Chat
Forum Member

The iPad was originally my husbands but now he has his Mac Book I use it. How do we change all the defaults from his name to mine. It won't let us just go in and change it. Do we just do a complete reset?
Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-02-2013, 09:04
!!11oneone
Forum Member

Yes, do a reset. But if you attach it to a different iTunes account you'll lose all purchases.
!!11oneone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 09:18
Chat
Forum Member

Thank you
Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 09:22
BKM
Forum Member

Yes, do a reset. But if you attach it to a different iTunes account you'll lose all purchases.
Not true! You can have Apps from different iTunes accounts on an iDevice at the same time!
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:25
psionic
Forum Member

The iPad was originally my husbands but now he has his Mac Book I use it. How do we change all the defaults from his name to mine. It won't let us just go in and change it. Do we just do a complete reset?
Is this iPad synced with iTunes on your own computer?

By 'defaults from his name to mine' do you mean different iTunes libraries/users on your computer? Or same library/user but just want to change it's name from 'Mr.Bloggs iPad' to 'Mrs.Bloggs iPad'?
psionic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:24
!!11oneone
Forum Member

Not true! You can have Apps from different iTunes accounts on an iDevice at the same time!
Not if you reset it completely and attach it to a new account (i.e. the old account is no longer there, because it's been reset) which is what I was getting at.
!!11oneone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:53
BKM
Forum Member

Not if you reset it completely and attach it to a new account (i.e. the old account is no longer there, because it's been reset) which is what I was getting at.
If you do a full reset then yes! In general it will add Apps from a new account to any existing ones. I guess that may prove more complex to manage than many people would wish!
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote