Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Confirmed format changes for the voice UK series 2

Old 13-02-2013, 00:12
RickyLeeds85
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s154/...eries-two.html

Suprised no one is talking about this yet.

what does everyone think of the confirmed changes? i think its a step in the right direction though disappointed that it seems there will be just 3 live shows.
RickyLeeds85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-02-2013, 01:36
sjp07
Forum Member

I just can't see them having 3 live shows. Maybe the three people were getting at was really the amount of contestants per judge to the final. They would be stupid to get to one winner from 12 in just three lives. It doesn't even make sense. 8 people would have to leave in two weeks which was perfectly fine when their were 40 contestants, but with only 12?
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 02:27
justj
Inactive Member

I just can't see them having 3 live shows. Maybe the three people were getting at was really the amount of contestants per judge to the final. They would be stupid to get to one winner from 12 in just three lives. It doesn't even make sense. 8 people would have to leave in two weeks which was perfectly fine when their were 40 contestants, but with only 12?
I think week 1 you will have team jessie and team danny .i think it will be a double elimination for both teams leaving team jessie and team danny with one act for the final .and then week 2 do the same with tom and will's teams and then week3(final) You will have four acts left
justj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 23:04
SliverOfDiamond
Forum Member

Yeuuuuurgh, that looks awful. I am SO going to give this a miss this time. Oh well.
SliverOfDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:27
Sallyforth
Forum Member

Considering they lost some people with potential in the battle rounds, the idea that they can pitch to be saved has some merit IMO.
Sallyforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:59
bookclub10
Forum Member

I don't know why there are only having 3 live shows. In the Voice of Ireland, they have just finished the Blind auditions and each coach has 12 singers each. The Battle rounds will be on for the next 4 weeks where the coaches will reduce their team in half and have one ' steal' from the contestants that lose their battles. They will then proceed to the Live Shows with 7 singers on each team. There will be 7 live shows to determine the winner.
I know the live shows were a big disappointment last year but I think they should have worked on improving this rather than cutting it down.
bookclub10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 17:08
mediarat
Forum Member

I don't know why there are only having 3 live shows. In the Voice of Ireland, they have just finished the Blind auditions and each coach has 12 singers each. The Battle rounds will be on for the next 4 weeks where the coaches will reduce their team in half and have one ' steal' from the contestants that lose their battles. They will then proceed to the Live Shows with 7 singers on each team. There will be 7 live shows to determine the winner.
I know the live shows were a big disappointment last year but I think they should have worked on improving this rather than cutting it down.
this just sounds exhausting.
mediarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 17:39
sjp07
Forum Member

this just sounds exhausting.
The US show was a little over 3 mo with 32 episodes and it never got boring. The lowest rating was a 3.0 and that was for a recap episode and that had the least amount of viewers at over 9 million.
Old 15-02-2013, 19:55
anna42hmr
Forum Member

i am hoping that that this three live episodes bit is a misunderstanding about getting 3 people per judge to the live tv stage rather than only 3 live episodes as it does say on face book:

"clicks glass* Morning everyone, we have an announcement. This year, there will be some new twists. In the Battles, our coaches can STEAL a rival coach's artist from the ones that get out-battled. And after the Battles, we have a new round called THE KNOCKOUTS, where artists each pick their own "killer song" to perform. Coaches then take their favourite three to the finals. Exciting times."

if you recall when they had a large number of contestants they had only singers from two teams in each of the live shows

i would prefer it to be like below as an example:

live ep 1 jessie and dannys team, each loose a person, taking them to two

live ep 2 will and tom each loose a person taking them to two

live ep 3 jessie and danny team, each loosing someone and leave them with one finalist

live ep 4 will and tom, each loosing someone and leaving them with one finalist

live ep 5 final so the last person from each team is in the final
anna42hmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 20:23
danielleh
Forum Member

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't say anywhere in the article that there will only be three live shows. It only says that each coach will have three artists when they get to the live shows (so 12 in the live shows).

If it works like the previous US one did, all twelve finalists (from the four teams) will perform in the first live show. Two people leave each week, regardless of which team they're on. This would give 5 live shows, assuming that 4 people make the final.

I could be wrong, but this seems a lot more feasible to me.
danielleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:28
sjp07
Forum Member

i am hoping that that this three live episodes bit is a misunderstanding about getting 3 people per judge to the live tv stage rather than only 3 live episodes as it does say on face book:

"clicks glass* Morning everyone, we have an announcement. This year, there will be some new twists. In the Battles, our coaches can STEAL a rival coach's artist from the ones that get out-battled. And after the Battles, we have a new round called THE KNOCKOUTS, where artists each pick their own "killer song" to perform. Coaches then take their favourite three to the finals. Exciting times."

if you recall when they had a large number of contestants they had only singers from two teams in each of the live shows

i would prefer it to be like below as an example:

live ep 1 jessie and dannys team, each loose a person, taking them to two

live ep 2 will and tom each loose a person taking them to two

live ep 3 jessie and danny team, each loosing someone and leave them with one finalist

live ep 4 will and tom, each loosing someone and leaving them with one finalist

live ep 5 final so the last person from each team is in the final
that's only going to be 2-6 people singing in an almost two hour episode. What the heck are they going to do for the rest of the time?
Old 15-02-2013, 22:33
sjp07
Forum Member

Also, I really don't like the way voting works. It makes no sense. Especially for the final last year. That was the first time I had ever seen a vote during a show unless it is a kids award show. Like, what the heck? I guess we can't do it since the time zone differences, but that's just weird. You have no time to vote. Our results were live, the day after, and voting closes the morning after. You also don't have to pay a dime to vote unless you buy a song and there are multiple ways to do it. Call, text, Facebook, etc
Old 16-02-2013, 01:08
christopher_geo
Forum Member

The US one worked better because the judges had better chemistry. The most entertaining part of the Voice Uk apart from the chairs was when jessie J pressed the button accidentally. That is not a good thing. But I loved the duets!
christopher_geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:59
Sun Tzu.
Forum Member

I see it being awful again. Its not going to beat Britains Got Talent.
Sun Tzu. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 22:08
RickyLeeds85
Forum Member

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't say anywhere in the article that there will only be three live shows. It only says that each coach will have three artists when they get to the live shows (so 12 in the live shows).

If it works like the previous US one did, all twelve finalists (from the four teams) will perform in the first live show. Two people leave each week, regardless of which team they're on. This would give 5 live shows, assuming that 4 people make the final.

I could be wrong, but this seems a lot more feasible to me.
your not mistaken but Danny one of the judges mentioned in an interview a few weeks back about them being 3 live shows and i have seen it mentioned in another article somewhere.
RickyLeeds85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 23:00
goonernatalie
Forum Member

I been to recording today
Where they choose who to go into the final
I found it very enjoyable but can not talk about it
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:44
jackbell
Forum Member

Okay. Just type it out then
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:28
MuSiKe
Inactive Member

They're not going to hunt you down if you do talk about it.
MuSiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:20
jwire1977
Forum Member

For me the biggest flaw with the show was you never really got to side with the contestants as they weren't on every week. By x-factor show 3 or 4 you really know the contestants. With this, it's over by then. I can barely remember anyone from the series bar the 'posh' one.
jwire1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 21:55
goonernatalie
Forum Member

They're not going to hunt you down if you do talk about it.

They asked us not to
Anyway this time we were allowed to shout out the name of the person we would like to save
Some were amazing singers
I think that few who got into the final will become well known
Most annoying were the teenagers sitting behind me they were talking loudly after each act
Old 23-02-2013, 23:12
SamuelW
Inactive Member

Thank you goonernatalie. Could you say what stage of the competition you saw? Was it the Battles, Knockouts or Playoffs? Encouraging to know the singers were amazing.
SamuelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 06:02
sjp07
Forum Member

Thank you goonernatalie. Could you say what stage of the competition you saw? Was it the Battles, Knockouts or Playoffs? Encouraging to know the singers were amazing.
If they just went it was the knockouts. That was the last thing they filmed, playoffs are live.
Old 24-02-2013, 14:47
goonernatalie
Forum Member

It was the final stage of the knockouts
Next stage will be live shows
Make sure you have hankies
The amazing girl will bring lump to your throats
Old 01-03-2013, 16:40
Dalwhat
Forum Member

To be honest the show went downhill after the live auditions last year. It seemed that as soon as the pros inflicted their views on the artists it all went to pot (Jaz for example). Personally I think the artists should have full control over their repertoir and so what if they only sing one type of song, you don't see Will singing My Way or Tom singing Smack My Bitch Up? Hopefully there will be just as many tears rolling down my face this year.
Dalwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:36
delta
Forum Member

Should be renamed The Shout!
delta is offline   Reply With Quote