Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Need Help with Humax Freesat

Old 20-02-2013, 18:32
sashhol
Forum Member

Hi

I hope someone can help me, I have recently purchased a Humax Freesat HDR-1000s and after reading your threads on Freesat's (which made me buy it and cancel my sky which I should have done ages ago) I have seen that you can use the freesat on another TV, well here is the problem, I cant get access to my dish to fit a LNB, but do have a old Sharp VCR. Could someone please tell me step by step how to connect my Humax to a second TV, I have a coax cable from my sky box that went into the RF2 and a magic eye in the bedroom to the second TV, I am alittle confused how to set the second TV up. Heres hoping

Keeley
sashhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-02-2013, 22:29
Pollensa1946
Forum Member

Could someone please tell me step by step how to connect my Humax to a second TV, I have a coax cable from my sky box that went into the RF2 and a magic eye in the bedroom to the second TV
The SKY box had a built in RF modulator that converts the video/audio signal output of the box into a TV signal that can be passed to another TV (output on RF2). The Humax box does not have that built in, you need to add it as a separate box. See here...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRI-LINK-Con...1399297&sr=8-1
Pollensa1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:08
MatthewColeran
Forum Member

Yes the tri-link kits are perfect for this. They should be marketed a bit better so more people know about them...
MatthewColeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 15:54
Pollensa1946
Forum Member

The SKY box had a built in RF modulator that converts the video/audio signal output of the box into a TV signal that can be passed to another TV (output on RF2)...
BTW, forgot to mention that the signal is analogue, not digital, so you tune it in on your TV via the analogue tuner. Because it's analogue the picture quality is noticeably lower on most TVs.
Pollensa1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:08
dave clarke
Forum Member

as others say ,I have a trilink with excellent results.As posted above I put off going for Freesat for ages cos I couldnt use magic eyes,found this forum and sorted
dave clarke is offline   Reply With Quote