Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Warm Bodies

Old 09-02-2013, 00:23
Uk Ltd
Inactive Member

Couldn't see a thread for this.

Anyone seen it yet? Saw it tonight, decent enough. Quite funny in places, and the soundtrack was excellent.
Uk Ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44
fhs man 2
Forum Member

Couldn't see a thread for this.

Anyone seen it yet? Saw it tonight, decent enough. Quite funny in places, and the soundtrack was excellent.
Going to see it later today at 4.10pm.
fhs man 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:04
seellee
Forum Member

It's pretty good. Not amazing though. I think it's probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. I can see the teenage market absolutely loving it though. The soundtrack is indeed very good.
seellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 15:25
Conall Cearnach
Forum Member

I can't really tell from the trailer whether it's meant to be a comedy or some sort of Twilight kind of thing.
Conall Cearnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 17:07
Sex
Forum Member

Wasn't planning on watching, but I think I might give it a go thanks OP
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 17:34
degsyhufc
Forum Member

I can't really tell from the trailer whether it's meant to be a comedy or some sort of Twilight kind of thing.
I thought it was another RomZomCom. Not as outrageous in comedy terms as SotD but a kind of light hearted zombie film with a romantic twist.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 17:47
seellee
Forum Member

It's nothing like twilight in tone. Definitely a light hearted comedy type film. Like I say it's good, but not amazing.
seellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 18:36
Motthus
Forum Member

I agree its a good film but I struggled with whole zombie in love thing.Maybe I'm too old school for it!
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 18:43
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Twilight practically is a comedy

Albeit an unintentional one.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 21:19
Tremse
Forum Member

It was a different slant on the usual Zombie movie - wasn't sure if I was going to like it but it turned out to be pretty good. 8/10
Tremse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 21:52
Sez_babe
Forum Member

This trailer is intriguing - I'm not a fan of zombie films but I do like Nicholas Hoult and this film looks interesting
Sez_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 19:05
PJ68
Forum Member

thought this was great. soundtrack was fantastic too
PJ68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 14:31
attackmusic
Inactive Member

Albeit an unintentional one.
This!

Anyway, I thought this film was pretty enjoyable. Nothing amazing but just good fun.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:18
Muttley76
Forum Member

I was rather reluctantly dragged along to see this today, but ended up enjoying it.

It did feel a bit "twilight" in nature (i see some disagree, but it's clear from the lead cast it's going for the same market), but it was saved by having a smart script and by virtue of not taking itself too seriously. I thought the use of a monologue from the internal perspective of R was a good concept well executed. A few deft editing touches and an interesting use of music also add to the films charm.

Main draw backs were the cheesy ending and the almost criminal under use of John Malkovich

7/10 for me.
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:21
Starfish.r.cool
Forum Member

I saw this film with friends the other day and we all found it to be very enjoyable. Good pacing, acting and an excellent soundtrack. Very funny and sweet. When I first heard about the film I thought it sounded awful but seeing the trailer and realising how light the tone was I gave it go. Nicholas Hoult has turned into quite the young actor and I though I wasn't familier with the female lead I thought she did very well too. I only wish it had stayed a little more faithful to the book but adapting these things for screen is a very tough job and I understand why certain things were altered and left out. Overall a very good film and I will most likely buy it when it comes out on DVD. 8/10
Starfish.r.cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 14:59
ChrisToria
Forum Member

Went to see this on Tuesday night. Wasn't sure what to expect really but I enjoyed it thoroughly. The first half of the film is just brilliant, the second half, while still excellent, wasn't quite as original. I thought the interactions between the zombies was done incredibly well and the characters you were supposed to like were actually likeable for a change.

I hope people dont just ignore this because there are comparisons going around to the Twilight flicks, because this is nothing like those films and it would be a shame for people to miss out on this well made zom-com. 8/10
ChrisToria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:36
tinyangel
Forum Member

Loved this film! Went with my 15 year old daughter and my 2 boys who are 8 & 11. They were all arguing on the way out about who was going to own it on DVD.
Have to say also, that Nicholas Hoult is definitely the sexiest zombie I've ever seen.
tinyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:54
Motthus
Forum Member

As I posted before I enjoyed Warm Bodies but its a pity it Didnt do as well in the UK as it did in the USA.Maybe it was released at the wrong time in the UK!
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 20:13
tinyangel
Forum Member

As I posted before I enjoyed Warm Bodies but its a pity it Didnt do as well in the UK as it did in the USA.Maybe it was released at the wrong time in the UK!
It seems to me like the cinemas here had low expectations of it. We have 2 cinemas in Southampton, Cineworld haven't put it on at all and the Odeon relegated it to the smallest screen it had.
It's not like it wasn't like it wasn't popular either, I got there in plenty of time and still ended up stuck in the front row cos the place was packed.
tinyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 22:41
Helbore
Forum Member

The existence of Twilight is no laughing matter.
Helbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 22:45
Rincewind78
Forum Member

nope.
just another of these movies made for prepubesent girls with sort of crapply done supernatural twist. The twiglet movies have a lot to answer for.
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote