Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

OMG! did you know that...

Old 23-02-2013, 00:12
artlesschaos
Forum Member

St Lady Countess Kate is pregnant??

Or Kim Kardashian?

I bet none of you knew that Colleen Rooney was (until she "flaunted" her "bump").

Why do the media insist on using pregnant as an adjective in front of the name of whichever lucky female is the current object of their obsession? Particularly when that person has probably been featured every day that week doing various (or the same) stuff.

Also, wearing a big cardi does not mean you are "hiding" your "bump", just that you wanted to wear a big cardi.

*and breath*
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-02-2013, 01:15
smurftc
Forum Member

attention seeking thread !!!

why waste peoples time so annoying
smurftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 01:29
Spider Rico
Forum Member

Doesn't everyone want attention when they start a thread?
Spider Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 01:35
lyndalahughes
Inactive Member

Doesn't everyone want attention when they start a thread?
What about the ones who just post a link and expect everyone else to make a comment?
lyndalahughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 02:40
NotaTypo
Forum Member

St Lady Countess Kate is pregnant??

Or Kim Kardashian?

I bet none of you knew that Colleen Rooney was (until she "flaunted" her "bump").

Why do the media insist on using pregnant as an adjective in front of the name of whichever lucky female is the current object of their obsession? Particularly when that person has probably been featured every day that week doing various (or the same) stuff.

Also, wearing a big cardi does not mean you are "hiding" your "bump", just that you wanted to wear a big cardi.

*and breath*
It signifies the countdown to a patented Daily Mail Creepy Paedo-like Stalkathon.
NotaTypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 08:24
incy wincy
Forum Member

Yahoo 'news' is particularly terrible for this. The headlines in the entertainment section of the front page are constantly full of Kardashian, Cotton, Rooney et al bump watches, with the most inane stories. Best thing to do is not give them any clicks.
incy wincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 08:30
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I think you fail to see the point of the thread - the OP is ranting about the absurd level of coverage some of the papers give to women in the public eye who are pregnant.
JasonWatkins is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 12:47
lexi22
Inactive Member

What about the ones who just post a link and expect everyone else to make a comment?
Now that's annoying. Or the ones that have a thread title like 'OMG She's at it again' and a post saying 'why do people give this idiot attention?' with no hint as to who they're ranting about.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:17
Butterface
Forum Member

Yahoo 'news' is particularly terrible for this. The headlines in the entertainment section of the front page are constantly full of Kardashian, Cotton, Rooney et al bump watches, with the most inane stories. Best thing to do is not give them any clicks.
Yahoo entertainment news appears to be written by a bunch of uber excitable 13 year olds.
Butterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:55
artlesschaos
Forum Member

Now that's annoying. Or the ones that have a thread title like 'OMG She's at it again' and a post saying 'why do people give this idiot attention?' with no hint as to who they're ranting about.
Yeah, sorry about that!

It is just going to drive me slightly nuts over the next few months that every time I see the name Kim Kardashian, it will have the words "pregnant with Kanye West's baby" fairly near the "curvy star" that they use now.

I doubt there is a single zeleb watcher who doesn't know that these women are pregnant. Does it need mentioning every day?
Old 23-02-2013, 15:14
MissCulture
Inactive Member

'Flaunting her bump' makes me grind my teeth....

Fearne Cotton out shopping is 'flaunting her bump'...

Coleen Rooney out shopping is 'flaunting her bump'...

On another note, Kelly Brook doing anything anywhere whilst wearing a frock is always 'flaunting her curves'...

And I was told journalism is a highly competitive industry to get into unless one is highly skilled
MissCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 15:34
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

It annoys me and i'm a dude ..

But then "Fearne Cotton does a bit of shopping" probably doesn't have the same ring to it
JasonWatkins is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 15:38
Jerrica09
Forum Member

We're in the showbiz forum, therefore we clearly have time to waste...
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 17:00
lexi22
Inactive Member

Yeah, sorry about that!

It is just going to drive me slightly nuts over the next few months that every time I see the name Kim Kardashian, it will have the words "pregnant with Kanye West's baby" fairly near the "curvy star" that they use now.

I doubt there is a single zeleb watcher who doesn't know that these women are pregnant. Does it need mentioning every day?
Hahah not you, you supported your rant with rant material! I meant the ones where you're supposed to psychically know who or what the hell the thread's about.

The flaunting and the hiding the bump bit is just bizarre.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 17:37
Blondie X
Forum Member

Or the threads with the title 'is it just me?'
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 17:40
Blondie X
Forum Member

On another note, Kelly Brook doing anything anywhere whilst wearing a frock is always 'flaunting her curves'...

And I was told journalism is a highly competitive industry to get into unless one is highly skilled
Unless you are walking around and a crop top and low slung hipsters (a la Melanie Blatt) you aren't flaunting your bump, your bump is just there. It's not like you can actually hide it, unless you wear a tent. Maybe all pregnant women should disguise their bumps as a table or a tray of coffee or something.
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 17:53
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

I'd rather read posts such as the OP's than sheer cheek such as yours.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:18
incy wincy
Forum Member

Unless you are walking around and a crop top and low slung hipsters (a la Melanie Blatt) you aren't flaunting your bump, your bump is just there. It's not like you can actually hide it, unless you wear a tent. Maybe all pregnant women should disguise their bumps as a table or a tray of coffee or something.
That's no good either, they made a story out of Fearne Cotton using her bump as a plate-rest.

Perhaps she should have attached wooden legs and a tablecloth.
incy wincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 14:30
ecckles
Forum Member

I think you fail to see the point of the thread - the OP is ranting about the absurd level of coverage some of the papers give to women in the public eye who are pregnant.
So thanks to the OPs rant more people than ever are made aware of the `Absurd` press coverage` something I would not have known about if it was not for her ranting in the first place
ecckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 14:53
artlesschaos
Forum Member

So thanks to the OPs rant more people than ever are made aware of the `Absurd` press coverage` something I would not have known about if it was not for her ranting in the first place
Happy to help.
Old 24-02-2013, 22:50
Lucidia2011
Forum Member

I'm sitting here right now flaunting my bump. I'm an absolute flauntist of the highest order. A dirty flaunter. I'm always up for a flaunt. Flaunt, flaunt, flaunt! Flaunting hell, i'm flaunting so flaunting bad right now. I'm off to flaunt the neighbours. FLAUNT!!
Lucidia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 23:01
Becky Sharpe

I'm sitting here right now flaunting my bump. I'm an absolute flauntist of the highest order. A dirty flaunter. I'm always up for a flaunt. Flaunt, flaunt, flaunt! Flaunting hell, i'm flaunting so flaunting bad right now. I'm off to flaunt the neighbours. FLAUNT!!
You flaunter, you! And BTW congratulations x . Whilst here: Got 'curves' and want to 'flaunt' them? Then learn all from Mail Online
Becky Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 07:17
Ber
Forum Member

Celebs don't just go out, they step out. And if they happen to be a teenager then as soon as they hit 16 we get told 'my how they have grown' which is more than a bit creepy IMO.
Ber is offline   Reply With Quote