Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

foxsat HDR

Old 02-03-2013, 15:18
newbee
Forum Member

Hi there, I'm trying to connect an external drive to the above but the instructions say a screen will pop up, this hasn't happened, anyone know how to get this to work?
If I get it to work, will it play directly fro the external drive or di I need to transfer the files, I only have 3% of the drive left for imgages and music so can transfer without re-formatting.

Thanks in advance
newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-03-2013, 15:39
REPASSAC
Forum Member

Hi there, I'm trying to connect an external drive to the above but the instructions say a screen will pop up, this hasn't happened, anyone know how to get this to work?
If I get it to work, will it play directly fro the external drive or di I need to transfer the files, I only have 3% of the drive left for imgages and music so can transfer without re-formatting.

Thanks in advance
The drive needs to be formatted in either FAT32 (Limits file sizes to 4GB) , EXT2 or EXT3.
REPASSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:52
newbee
Forum Member

The drive needs to be formatted in either FAT32 (Limits file sizes to 4GB) , EXT2 or EXT3.
Thanks, which drive do you advise re-formatting, the external drive is already formatted to Fat32 but when plugged in there is no pop up screen

Thanks again
Old 02-03-2013, 16:17
REPASSAC
Forum Member

Thanks, which drive do you advise re-formatting, the external drive is already formatted to Fat32 but when plugged in there is no pop up screen

Thanks again
Is it in a powed or unpowered caddy?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30
newbee
Forum Member

Is it in a powed or unpowered caddy?
unpowered
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38
REPASSAC
Forum Member

That could be your problem - a hard disk draws a lot of power - and there is not much power capacity spare - solid state drives, might be OK, as are USB sticks.
Old 03-03-2013, 14:06
newbee
Forum Member

That could be your problem - a hard disk draws a lot of power - and there is not much power capacity spare - solid state drives, might be OK, as are USB sticks.
Whats a solid state drive, if I remember correctly I did try a USB stick and nothing popped up, could it be that I should plug it in the back of the box!

it did light up when plugged in though.
Old 03-03-2013, 14:20
REPASSAC
Forum Member

Whats a solid state drive, if I remember correctly I did try a USB stick and nothing popped up, could it be that I should plug it in the back of the box!

it did light up when plugged in though.
A solid state drive is one that does not spin i.e. A drive made from flash memory (expensive per MB, Fast if SATA connected to a PC)..

I would check the memory stick is FAT32. The popup is only on screen briefly and any socket will do.
Old 03-03-2013, 18:32
markdyer72
Forum Member

A solid state drive is one that does not spin i.e. A drive made from flash memory (expensive per MB, Fast if SATA connected to a PC)..

I would check the memory stick is FAT32. The popup is only on screen briefly and any socket will do.
I have ssd in my laptop and PC, Very very very fast and not overly expensive these days
markdyer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:15
newbee
Forum Member

If the pop up is only visable fot a few seconds how do you operate the drive without screens.
Old 04-03-2013, 14:05
daver34

If the pop up is only visable fot a few seconds how do you operate the drive without screens.
Via the media button on remote control,media page list`s all recordings, + at the top of screen is box marked HDD ,which is used for accessing external devices via red button (change device).
daver34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:36
newbee
Forum Member

Via the media button on remote control,media page list`s all recordings, + at the top of screen is box marked HDD ,which is used for accessing external devices via red button (change device).
Thanks for that