Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 03-03-2013, 09:08
stud u like
Forum Member

If people don't want to publicise their sexual orientations, then why do people insist on trying to force them to? It's up to the people concerned. It isn't as if it's illegal.
If they are in a position of helping others and in the public eye, then they should come out or be dragged out.

Even more so if they say homophobic things.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-03-2013, 16:01
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Agreed on that. Hypocrisy is a major issue.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:40
JustArun
Forum Member

I don't understand why Tom Daley isn't coming out.
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:43
Daisydoes
Forum Member

Because maybe he's not gay?
Daisydoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:46
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

If they are in a position of helping others and in the public eye, then they should come out or be dragged out.

Be dragged out? Are you for real? If somebody if closeted, it's their right to come out or not, and when to do so if they choose. They have no obligation to come out to "help others".

Didn't you know? His voice makes him gay, apparently.
SillyBillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32
dee123
Forum Member

Thanks for the laugh.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05
*Clem*
Forum Member

Really? IF he's gay then coming out probably wouldn't be a wise decision if he wants to capitalize on being a hearthrob for the ladies. Unfortunately it probably would affect what sponsors/campaigns he gets.
*Clem* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06
BigBmad
Forum Member

Really? IF he's gay then coming out probably wouldn't be a wise decision if he wants to capitalize on being a hearthrob for the ladies. Unfortunately it probably would affect what sponsors/campaigns he gets.
Yep thats the sad situation with a lot of sports stars.
BigBmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:12
Moggio
Forum Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
Moggio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 17:03
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

Are there any women that actually think he's straight?
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:34
Conehead
Forum Member

Word on the street is that the shark's tooth that Keith Lemon wears around his neck is actually a duffle coat toggle, (which is much cheaper).
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44
Airborae
Forum Member

Are there any women that actually think he's straight?
My mum I thinks.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:52
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Be dragged out? Are you for real? If somebody if closeted, it's their right to come out or not, and when to do so if they choose. They have no obligation to come out to "help others".
True, nobody has any 'obligation'.

But, closeted stars are using the closet (or, shall we say, being advised to stay in it) for the sake of careers that are then built upon lies and hoodwinking the public. This has been true for people who have come out later on but yet played the beard game.

If nothing else it's morally repugnant and unfair on the public, who believe an image based on what they are told. And spend money based on that (tickets, brand gear, etc) It's not necessarily the person's fault, it's like most things, the fault of the system already in place that forces people down that path.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I have been ill so only just seen this. I just think it's grossly unfair to guess at someone's sexuality. I am particularly sorry for Louis as his name comes up frequently on this thread. I do know someone who has been a neighbour of his for many years, has seen him grow up, is very friendly with his half sisters and even went to LA with IDirection so really knows him and Eleanor very well. It's horrible to cast her as a "beard" too when she is a genuine, honest girl. I have heard loving things about their relationship , eg their first anniversary, which have not reached the papers. Finally the above poster tried to make some point about my occupation - why is that? Are you unaware Wilehelmas that there is an Institute of Legal Executives and this is an accepted profession? Most firms of solicitors employ more legal execs than solicitors and often clients assume they are consulting a solicitor when in fact a legal exec is dealing with their case.

Another poster thought it clever to say "As if he would tell" his neighbours! It's not a question of that but when you know people extremely well over many years, they don't need to tell you their sexuality, you can deduce it from their actions.
I stand by my points.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 13:20
grantus_max
Forum Member

Forget about the scenario of someone saying 'homophobic things' for a second. I'm having a hard time understanding why you think it's acceptable to drag someone's sexuality out into the open when you have absolutely no way of knowing why they're opting to keep it quiet in the first place.

To me, that makes you as bad as someone passing judgement on someone else on the basis of their sexuality.

I'm happy to accept there's a case for 'outing' if they're coming out with blatantly anti-gay statements, or they're promoting anti-gay policies or stances.

However, if someone's just getting on with their life, albeit in the public sphere, but they don't want their private life broadcasting, maybe because they have close relatives who would react very badly if their sexuality became public knowledge, then who on earth are you to make that decision on their behalf?

grantus_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 13:23
grantus_max
Forum Member

If nothing else it's morally repugnant and unfair on the public, who believe an image based on what they are told. And spend money based on that (tickets, brand gear, etc) It's not necessarily the person's fault, it's like most things, the fault of the system already in place that forces people down that path.
Apparently it's not 'morally repugnant' to out someone's sexuality, regardless of what negative effects it may have on their personal life or relationships.

Interesting angle...
Old 07-03-2013, 14:04
Tulip19
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

This seems quite close to the bone, no?
Tulip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 14:17
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

I think it's quite obvious that Cliff's slowly coming out in his old age. I think most people have suspected if for decades.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 14:24
cliffy91
Forum Member

Oooo Cliff's dyed his hair

Reading that I struggle to see how it has made the newspaper personally I believe there is abit of an agenda behind it
cliffy91 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 16:54
whatever54
Forum Member

just spied that article, interesting. I didn't know his 'companion' had left the priesthood to help Cliff out
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 17:04
AoibheannRose
Forum Member

I can't believe that so many people are posting 'what is the point of this story?' etc. in the comment section when it's so blatantly obvious what the DM is really saying in it.
AoibheannRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 20:53
Grabid Rannies
Forum Member

I know it's puerile, but I really can't help at this on so many levels:

He told The Lady magazine: 'I've heard One Direction now, and think that each one of them has a terrific voice, so if they ever decide to do a duet, I'm available but not 'cheap.'

Grabid Rannies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 20:58
grantus_max
Forum Member

I know it's puerile, but I really can't help at this on so many levels:
Welcome to my world...
Old 08-03-2013, 22:30
sparkle22
Forum Member

cliff pretty much came out on that piers morgan interview.
without actually saying i'm gay I also wanted to add that some people have homophobic families.
I'm bi and I would never come out to my parents as I don't really get on with them and they don't agree with gay relationships they hate bisexuals even more.
some celebrities are also advised by managment not to risk it.
the saddest case was luther vandross who according to sources was desperate to bring partners on to the red carpet.
It's even harder for black celebrities.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 23:44
Swoon
Forum Member

Harry Styles
Louis Tomlinson

But I bet this has been mentioned thousand times.
Swoon is offline   Reply With Quote