Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Cabin in the Woods

Old 08-03-2013, 15:57
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I'm 41 and loved it.
It's aimed at any age because any age of person can enjoy the horror genre
I was 42 when I saw it and I loved it as well - one of the best films i've seen in a while.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-03-2013, 16:48
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

Watched it again this week, (I'm 34 by the way) still love it, and it's still not a horror.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 19:27
bottleofbest
Forum Member

One of the worst films I have ever seen. It was absolutely ridiculous.
bottleofbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 19:29
downtonfan
Forum Member

One of the worst films I have ever seen. It was absolutely ridiculous.
This. And age is irrelevant. It was clearly aimed at idiots
downtonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 19:31
Anachrony
Forum Member

Watched it again this week, (I'm 34 by the way) still love it, and it's still not a horror.
It's a horror-comedy, which is a quite common subgenre of horror film. What you mean is that it's not scary, particularly to a horror aficionado. A horror-comedy is still within the horror genre though.

whatever the message it was irritating to watch, i might have enjoyed it more if i was 15 i guess. not really aimed at anyone over 21 is it so cant really complain
Maybe if you were a bit older you might have actually understood it.

This. And age is irrelevant. It was clearly aimed at idiots
Idiots tend to be the ones who are most vocally outraged by it, because they're the only ones who would want to see another generic, cliched film about friends in a cabin getting hacked up by a psychopath. That's not the film they actually got, so idiots react with confusion and anger.
Anachrony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 21:36
ritch
Forum Member

I'm not outraged by it, I just found it irritating to watch. your not an idiot if you dont like this film lol. I'd be more worried about people that loved it, not liked it, loved it!
ritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 22:02
Bluray
Inactive Member

I loved it!
It was brilliant how it gave the audience the feeling of a 'In the woods' type horror but so much more besides.
We constantly moan about remakes and reboots, yet here was a film that had a go at twisting old stories up a little. This really was a reboot rather than a remake with a fancy name.
Bluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 23:53
jende
Forum Member

I loved it. To me it had all the feeling of Buffy, which is one of my fav shows. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. To me it was what Josh Wedon does best. Love the humour, love the 'horror', loved the story line. Yep I loved it!
jende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:02
RebelScum
Forum Member

I loved it. To me it had all the feeling of Buffy, which is one of my fav shows. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. To me it was what Josh Wedon does best. Love the humour, love the 'horror', loved the story line. Yep I loved it!
Whedon is great at mixing up horror, drama, humour and action, but I feel he's done it so much better in the past, to me this came across as a bit of a by the numbers Whedon production, a bit lacklustre by his standards. It was still decent though, but imo it had the feel of an early season episode rather than a climatic end of season ep.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote