Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Gardener's World

Old 11-03-2013, 15:08
Caxton
Forum Member

I notice with Gardeners World if they are doing a project like a pathway, pond, raised bed or garden edging, etc., money appears no object to them. There have been occasions when they have said items like wood can be got free of cheaply from your friendly local tradesmen — very likely Some of these projects they have done in the past would have run into hundreds of pounds.
Caxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-03-2013, 15:56
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

Given his penchant for using the stuff, I always suspected Diarmuid Gavin had shares in a concrete supply business.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 16:02
oldhag
Forum Member

Erm, I think that you are ...
Perhaps you should actually watch then rather than assume, as you are wrong!
If you say so dear.

My Béte noir is dyed hair and, if I remember correctly MD had a fine showing of such hirsuit appendage - and it's ridiculous.
When I walk my local hight street I am always on the lookout for women and men wearing wigs and those who sport heavily dyed hair against ageing skin.
I'm quite safe, otherwise.
Oh yes, dyed hair and wigs - which is worse?
oldhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 16:44
gilliedew
Forum Member

Cant stand that Carole woman, her voice sounds like scratches down a blackboard to me and sets my teeth on edge. Anything she says is just a sing song screech.
gilliedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 16:46
HHGTTG
Forum Member

If you say so dear.

Oh yes, dyed hair and wigs - which is worse?
Dyed hair and sallow, crinkly skin.
HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 17:13
PinkPetunia
Forum Member

Cant stand that Carole woman, her voice sounds like scratches down a blackboard to me and sets my teeth on edge. Anything she says is just a sing song screech.
Its the giggle after every sentence that gets to me with Carole .Everything is so funny for some reason when she speaks .
PinkPetunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 17:28
mossy2103
Forum Member

If you say so dear.
Yes I do my little chickadee.

Then again, if you don't watch, you won't be aware of what they now show and do, so ignorance would rule. But to some, ignorance is bliss.
mossy2103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:24
towers
Forum Member

Its the giggle after every sentence that gets to me with Carole .Everything is so funny for some reason when she speaks .
There's a clip of her from 15 years ago on YouTube and she was quite serious for the whole 5 minutes, rarely smiling.

I like Carol though.
towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 19:49
Gavin_D
Forum Member

Gardeners world is back for 2014 starting on Friday 7th March at 20:30 on BBC and BBC 2HD

The green-fingered team returns for the beginning of the gardening year. Monty Don is at Longmeadow to show what can be done now to guarantee an impressive display of roses in the summer, as well as adding to his woodland spring planting and sprouting the tubers for his potatoes.

Carol Klein meets one of the country's leading experts on cyclamen and reveals how easy they are to grow, Joe Swift visits a bog garden in west Wales to look at plants that love the rainfall and soggy soil, while Rachel de Thame heads to a rose garden that is home to over 2,500 different varieties of the flower.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ct...rld--episode-1
Gavin_D is offline   Reply With Quote