Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Anyone remember a Saturday morning BBC show called serial or cereal something?

Old 11-03-2013, 20:26
IzzyS
Forum Member

I'm trying to remember the name of a peculiar show that I seem to remember from childhood. If memory serves me right, it was shown on either BBC1 or BBC2 on Saturdays around about when I ate breakfast so in the morning, maybe 8-ish? it was based around the pun of cereal - the opening sequence showed a bowl of cereal on a kitchen table and zoomed in on it (or something similar?) with the joke being that it showed a few serial shows, that would end on a cliffhanger. Thats all I can remember - I think it was fairly serious, as I remember feeling a bit creeped out by some of the shows, I found it a bit unsettling but I watched it anyway. It cant have been that bad being on so early but I just wondered if anyone remembers this or anything, out of curiosity?. This would have been in the early to mid 1990s.
IzzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-03-2013, 20:51
argyess
Forum Member

I'm trying to remember the name of a peculiar show that I seem to remember from childhood. If memory serves me right, it was shown on either BBC1 or BBC2 on Saturdays around about when I ate breakfast so in the morning, maybe 8-ish? it was based around the pun of cereal - the opening sequence showed a bowl of cereal on a kitchen table and zoomed in on it (or something similar?) with the joke being that it showed a few serial shows, that would end on a cliffhanger. Thats all I can remember - I think it was fairly serious, as I remember feeling a bit creeped out by some of the shows, I found it a bit unsettling but I watched it anyway. It cant have been that bad being on so early but I just wondered if anyone remembers this or anything, out of curiosity?. This would have been in the early to mid 1990s.
Ah yes I remember that. "Breakfast Serials" I think it was called. Don't think it's ever been repeated since its original showing in 1990. It used to be on BBC1 on Saturday mornings around 7:30. I think it only ran for the one series. The "serial" I remember best was called Nicechap, it was a bit disturbing I seem to recall!
argyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 20:59
IzzyS
Forum Member

Ah yes I remember that. "Breakfast Serials" I think it was called. Don't think it's ever been repeated since its original showing in 1990. It used to be on BBC1 on Saturday mornings around 7:30. I think it only ran for the one series. The "serial" I remember best was called Nicechap, it was a bit disturbing I seem to recall!
That'll be it - thanks! I found this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQdR2gRdtI
seems I wasn't the only one who found it a bit disturbing, judging by the comments to that video.
IzzyS is offline   Reply With Quote