Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

People need to back off Justin Bieber!

Old 12-03-2013, 20:24
JDEsseintes
Forum Member

[I'm not sure why two of my inauguratory posts are on Justin Bieber threads, I guess all the hoo-har surrounding him recently has sucked me in too. The pop music industry fascinates me sometimes. Anyway, here goes]

It's been said so many times on these forums. 'Too much, too soon'. It's that simple. 'Dead behind the eyes'. A tale told many times.

So many talented people (actors, musicians, whatever) had to face hardships before finding fame either through luck or incessant ambition (one of the many criticisms levelled at 'The X Factor' similar shows centres around the absence of both, but that's for another thread). Those stars then flourish, a lot then crash and burn, but it would be fair to say that rational thought and perspective is much more in their grasp if that were to happen. They'd rediscover the 'little' things that they used to love and find comfort in them, and get on with their life.

However, child stars such as Bieber do not get the chance to develop a full awareness of the world, its delights and its problems (hell, even most of us mortals can't really manage it in a lifetime) before they're snatched from their everyday lives and placed in a Limo, with tinted windows...probably bullet-proof as well. Screaming girls, swimming pools and sunbeds, frighteningly, become the norm. The rules have changed. The goalposts? Non-existant, the game is won!

So, why all the hate?

Is it because he is genuinely talentless? That's subjective, but he must definitely have at least some talent, otherwise he wouldn't have found fame in the first place. You can't say that about every celebrity out there, though...

Is it because he produces fundamentally bad music? Perhaps, but again, it's horses for courses.

Could it be jealousy, because he's got all that financial and personal security? Perhaps but, to be honest, judging by how these things might turn out, there's not a lot to be remotely envious about.

Too much too soon... to the point where it's almost as if he's grown and been nurtured in captivity, unequipped to make fulfilling, meaningful connections with others and unable to even contemplate life in the 'real' world, by those 'old' rules. Sooner or later, he's going to realise that he's been denied (or denied himself - both, really) any experience of the irreplaceable, positive aspects of a normal life, the most obvious being relative anonymity. He shot to fame through social media, it seems proper that it would become both his career's life force and his worst enemy, and inevitably his downfall. Hell, let's ram the pretentious symbolism up to 11 - it's both a womb and a coffin.

I think most of the hate exists because he persistently seems to be so oblivious to concepts such as modesty and what most people would deem 'normality'. He acts like a diva and just takes every luxury at every opportunity, which is very damaging to his public image. That's why the press hound him - because they know the general public find pleasure in seeing someone like that stumble and how they cope with it. And (being the press) if they don't stumble, they're tripped. We're guaranteed a show (unlike his fans...anyone? Ok, moving on...)

Again, the quality of his music is subjective, but his reasons and motivation for writing / performing music is arguably very shallow and typical of his age. He feels it is his purpose to produce music which 'makes little girls' hearts feel better'. I would say that such a purpose is vomit-inducing and downright exploitative, but I think the worst thing about it is that it's downright typical, misguided and depressing. It's depressing confirmation that he is a marketing puppet rather than an artist with any credibility. He hasn't just been possessed by the more manipulative, sectors of the pop music industry, he's been raised by them.

Whether you empathise with him or outright detest him, celebrities like Justin Bieber need a fall, preferably via wavering attention than some overblown scandal.
JDEsseintes is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-03-2013, 20:27
daisiesfan
Forum Member

YEP.

TBH I dont really care what the response is nor do i care if anyone agrees i just thought id put it out there.

Im NOT even a fan, i say this all the time, nor do i hate him because it makes me feel a little sick when people say they hate him.

The london gig thing, he was 40 minutes late NOT 2 hours and that wasnt even his fault, we are human not supermen for f***sake.

Oh but because the disgusting reality that is the british press we are made to believe that he was playing video games and threw a fit, just like adele is performing for michelle obama and the other bull that was written in all the usual bull papers that day.

People dont like his attitude.. Jesus how do you even know what his attitude is? We all see what..? 1% of his life and we all have bad days, he is 19, just for goodness sake.

I wonder if any of you have seen TMZ videos of paparazzi calling his little sister ugly and one of them telling him to kill himself, its vile.

Even when he got angry at the british pap did no one hear him provoke him no? It makes our country look worse than it already is. Typical britain, judging and keyboard warrioring abuse at people they dont even know.

Have you seen what people tweet him? The death threats, saying his mother should have aborted him ect.

End point is if you dont like his music dont listen to it and why spend your precious time trolling forums abusing someone you dont know. Dont care if people dont agree i said it
That boy needs therapy................
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:31
Microkorg
Forum Member

Give it a rest Barnes
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:39
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Still following me? Nice.

Just remembering your words from a previous thread:

I really do detest the amount of negativity in this forum. It's ridiculous.

Still, it's obviously OK as long as it's a celeb you personally dislike.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:40
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

oh the paying customer
were you one of them?

He was meant to go on at half past 9, check a ticket if youre that fussed.
On his payroll are you.

All the people who went to see him are lying are they, dont think so.
Joey Boswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:40
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

I agree people need to back off Justin Bieber.
Ignore him and then he might go away forever.
We can but hope.
Old 12-03-2013, 20:43
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

............ and needs to pull his trousers up FGS!
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:46
georgebarnes
Inactive Member

yea? and you need to wind ya neck in
georgebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:48
kaybee15
Forum Member

George, old bean - are you 22 or 24? You seem unsure. and frankly I'd guess any male backing Bieber to this extent would actually be about 13 and desperately hoping to impress some, er, leftovers as it were. The fact that on the music thread you seriously state that Britney Spears released the best debut single ever (EVER!!! ) is only another reason for all sane people to disregard your silly little opinions and instructions...
kaybee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:02
georgebarnes
Inactive Member

hahahaha yes i care about justin bieber deeply, so deep it hurts.
Yes i get angry when people diss my boy.

You people need help.

I dissagree with scum wishing death and name calling people they know nothing about, so why dont you wind your neck in and learn some manners, im just really bored so thought id reply, so funny reading your sarky comments. No brainer.
Old 12-03-2013, 21:03
georgebarnes
Inactive Member

George, old bean - are you 22 or 24? You seem unsure. and frankly I'd guess any male backing Bieber to this extent would actually be about 13 and desperately hoping to impress some, er, leftovers as it were. The fact that on the music thread you seriously state that Britney Spears released the best debut single ever (EVER!!! ) is only another reason for all sane people to disregard your silly little opinions and instructions...
hahaha yes i STATED THAT IT WAS THEEEEEEE GREATEST EVER. I asked a question love, learn the difference
Old 12-03-2013, 21:07
georgebarnes
Inactive Member

Its hilarious that only one person has defended my point, that its not right to talk so badly about people. Says alot about the lot of you.

Tbh i see nothing wrong with a thread thats not hate related, im going out now guys, im only on here when im at work and have nothing to do, but why dont you have some fun wasting your boring lives posting some replies you can all enjoy and drool over, innabit beliebers hahaha.

Seriously get some lives..
Old 12-03-2013, 21:09
TelevisionUser
Forum Member

People need to back off Justin Bieber!

Nope - he's acting in an immature and irresponsible way and he's now treating his loyal fan base with contempt by turning up very late and cancelling performances for no good reason. In addition, there's the disturbing fondling and we all know where that can lead.

By doing this, he risks alienating his fans and they are the very same fans that buy his music and give him his current wealthy lifestyle. If he cannot realise this himself then someone ought to get him a life coach and a therapist because he's starting to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
TelevisionUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:16
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

Its hilarious that only one person has defended my point, that its not right to talk so badly about people. Says alot about the lot of you.

Tbh i see nothing wrong with a thread thats not hate related, im going out now guys, im only on here when im at work and have nothing to do, but why dont you have some fun wasting your boring lives posting some replies you can all enjoy and drool over, innabit beliebers hahaha.

You keep saying no-one knows him. How do you know no-one on here knows him? Do you know him?

If you're going out then make sure you're back nice and early to worship your Justin Bieber shrine before you go to bed.
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:17
Goaty
Forum Member

WUM - It is an acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant.

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.
Goaty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:19
georgebarnes
Inactive Member

WUM - It is an acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant.

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.
hahahaha spot on, thats the lot of ya isnt it hahahaha
Old 12-03-2013, 21:21
Betty Britain

I've not posted once I hate Justin.. Cos I don't .. I don't care for his music.. Or the hype surrounding him.. But I am concerned for his well being.. After watching the reunion and seeing how most of them cracked up and ended up on drugs etc.. I believe Justin will go the same way if he isn't allowed to get away from the fame game for a while. .. The music execs don't really care how he is ..all they care about is the Kerching of tills ..but surely his family must have concerns.. And if not ..why not?
Betty Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:23
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

Seriously, stop worshipping JB its pretty scarey you know.
Old 12-03-2013, 21:25
Betty Britain

Also I haven't read any HATE on this post.. Just a few people expressing how they feel he is behaving like a complete brat..
Betty Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:32
Sky_Fire
Forum Member

Really though when he comes off tour and collects he's millions he'll go to one of his mansions smoke a big bag of weed and forget about all the bad press he's recieved and record another mediocre album that will get the tweens panties wet whilst they wait to go on his next tour meanwhile you're still going to be here defending him on a forum. It's so pointless trying to defend him.
Sky_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:37
TelevisionUser
Forum Member

Also I haven't read any HATE on this post.. Just a few people expressing how they feel he is behaving like a complete brat..
He's giving every impression of starting to go off the rails and that will damage his career if left unchecked. He ought to get some professional help to get his life sorted out now before his career implodes.
TelevisionUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:44
Flanno
Forum Member

Oh dear, George Barnes is not a happy bunny indeed. Mr Barnes has asked the moderators to remove his account because he claims that we haven't been very nice to him.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1806853
Flanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:51
Goaty
Forum Member

Oh dear, George Barnes is not a happy bunny indeed. Mr Barnes has asked the moderators to remove his account because he claims that we haven't been very nice to him.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1806853
What a sad ****er!
Goaty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:52
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

Georges thread in General Discussison has been locked by the Mods now.
Old 12-03-2013, 21:54
RingoJ739K
Forum Member

Georges thread in General Discussison has been locked by the Mods now.
It's now open again!
RingoJ739K is offline   Reply With Quote