Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

This disc is incompatible (Blu Ray disc)

Old 13-03-2013, 19:10
mlayzell
Forum Member

I started to have a problem with my Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu ray player, it states that some of my personal discs are incompatible and my latest LoveFilm.com rental has the same problem even though the disc is clean as a whistle

I am on the latest firmware update for this model as this is the first thing I checked, I purchased a Blu Ray/DVD lens cleaner, run it still the same problem? I will try the offending BD discs at work tomorrow to see if they play OK!

Tech guys any idea, could it be a problem with the laser, thanks for your help in advance,
mlayzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-03-2013, 19:09
mlayzell
Forum Member

I started to have a problem with my Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu ray player, it states that some of my personal discs are incompatible and my latest LoveFilm.com rental has the same problem even though the disc is clean as a whistle

I am on the latest firmware update for this model as this is the first thing I checked, I purchased a Blu Ray/DVD lens cleaner, run it still the same problem? I will try the offending BD discs at work tomorrow to see if they play OK!

Tech guys any idea, could it be a problem with the laser, thanks for your help in advance,
For the record it must be the player, Blu ray disc loads fine at work. I spoke to a approved repair centre chap, he said if the laser had gone it would be a 70 repair so might as buy a new player as far as tech goes if it goes wrong and it is out of warranty it is a throw away and replace culture!
Old 24-03-2013, 19:27
evil c
Forum Member

Before you throw the player away have a look at this thread. If it's only that you need an SD card they are 15 on Amazon. Link: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103909
evil c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 21:49
mlayzell
Forum Member

Before you throw the player away have a look at this thread. If it's only that you need an SD card they are 15 on Amazon. Link: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103909
Thanks for that, I tried a 2GB micro SD in a SD adapter card, shame it did not work If you look at the bottom posts of this link other people are having problems with new release Blu Ray discs, it must be a firmware issue with this model and after time manufacturers don't care about updating the firmware on older models!

The thing I find strange is this LoveFilm.com disc played fine at work on a Sony player and as far as I am aware this 3 year old player has never had its firmware updated

For the record I will not throw away this player as it plays with older discs and all DVD's, but I am investing in a PS3 to give me more multimedia options and if that does not play this damned Blu Ray disc then I am cursed