DS Forums

DLT On Twitter

Old 16-03-2013, 09:32
The Net
Forum Member

Tweeting against his solicitors advice.

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeTravis
The Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-03-2013, 10:10
scone
Forum Member

I agree with what that Kenton Allen fellow said something about women used to be flattered. Builders can't even shout off scaffolding anymore in case they upset a woman and it leads to dismissal.
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 10:24
The Net
Forum Member

I agree with what that Kenton Allen fellow said something about women used to be flattered. Builders can't even shout off scaffolding anymore in case they upset a woman and it leads to dismissal.
From some male point of view wolf whistling is harmless flattery. For others it can be seen dated - men used to lay their coats across puddles for ladies in Victorian times - we are led to believe.
Old 16-03-2013, 10:39
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

Yeah I saw him on Twitter last night too.

God knows why he feels the need to post when he's being investigated. He should lie low, because at the end of the day he really doesn't have much of interest to say.

I always did find him a yawn...
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 10:44
The Prumeister
Forum Member

What an astonishingly irrelevant old fart
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 10:57
The Net
Forum Member

He's a Daily Express reader - says a lot about a man.
Old 16-03-2013, 11:33
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

What an astonishingly irrelevant old fart
Aptly put.

Yeah, the likes of Simon Bates and Tony Blackburn are still 'hip' but aside from the allegations, DLT seems firmly rooted in about 1978.
Old 16-03-2013, 11:58
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

He always wanted to have his cake and eat it: wanted to be taken seriously and have gravitas when delivering some self-righteous sermon on some topic-and also wanted to be considered the funniest and most loveably person on the airwave (viz. self-ascribed nickname, 'Hairy Cornflake'!).
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 12:05
scone
Forum Member

He always wanted to have his cake and eat it.
Maybe leaving some of it in his beard
Old 16-03-2013, 12:14
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Tweeting against his solicitors advice.

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeTravis
DLT looks strange in his Twitter photo, don't you think?
Old 16-03-2013, 12:19
scone
Forum Member

He appears to only be following one person, Bonnie Tyler, wonder what you lot are going to make of that
Old 16-03-2013, 15:27
skp20040
Forum Member

Yeah I saw him on Twitter last night too.

God knows why he feels the need to post when he's being investigated. He should lie low, because at the end of the day he really doesn't have much of interest to say.

I always did find him a yawn...
Now as far as I know we still have the presumption of innocence , we also dont actually know what he was questioned for and we know there are no charges at this time, so why should he lie low ? would you lie low if you were accsued of something or would you feel you have a right to continue your life ?
skp20040 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 16:06
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Is it a spoof account?
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 16:12
whatever54
Forum Member

Is it a spoof account?
seems genuine, it's very dull. He can't do some question thing with 'Take a Break' now according to tweets
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 16:36
The_Moth
Forum Member

Now as far as I know we still have the presumption of innocence , we also dont actually know what he was questioned for and we know there are no charges at this time, so why should he lie low ? would you lie low if you were accsued of something or would you feel you have a right to continue your life ?
I agree but I'm not sure I'd be tweeting messages about how women used to "like "a bit of attention".

I have to say he sounds like an old fool. And the regular use of "methinks" doesn't help.
The_Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:46
toastie
Forum Member

seems genuine, it's very dull. He can't do some question thing with 'Take a Break' now according to tweets
Just had a look at his twitter feed and I still can't make out if it's genuine or not. It's very ranty and if it is genuine he's not doing himself any favours.
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:49
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

To be honest, I think if I were innocent, yes I would still lie low.
Old 16-03-2013, 20:56
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Just had a look at his twitter feed and I still can't make out if it's genuine or not. It's very ranty and if it is genuine he's not doing himself any favours.
Did you ever listen to DLT regularly? He spent about half his time trying to be the loveable wacky zany clown-and the other half ranting humourlessly and pompously about this, that and the other, seemingly having arrogated to himself the task of putting the world to rights via his broadcasting.
Old 16-03-2013, 20:58
occy
Forum Member

It does seem a spoof account. The give away is Magic 105.4 ( Magic FM London ) when he's was on Magic AM and has been suspended. So this person hasn't done there research that well. Photo is an old Radio 1 picture too.
occy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:04
KayteJ
Inactive Member

It does seem a spoof account. The give away is Magic 105.4 ( Magic FM London ) when he's was on Magic AM and has been suspended. So this person hasn't done there research that well. Photo is an old Radio 1 picture too.
Also, i find it strange, that the actual account was made in December 2011, yet the first tweets are very recent. To me, this suggests the account is merely someone who has changed the name of their account and deleted all previous tweets.

Just someone after a bit of attention me thinks
KayteJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:06
toastie
Forum Member

Did you ever listen to DLT regularly? .
Not since his Radio 1 days and even then it was only the snooker quiz thing he used to do.
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 17:31
occy
Forum Member

Not since his Radio 1 days and even then it was only the snooker quiz thing he used to do.
That was a brilliant Radio Quiz show ever. Noel Edmonds did a brilliant Gotcha on him too.
occy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 17:55
lyndalahughes
Inactive Member

You think it was OK to do that in the first place? Admiring the female form is great, to be lewd and rude really isn't.
lyndalahughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:41
Bungitin
Forum Member

Best keep his head under the parapet.

Probably a spoof.

You don't hear much about Max.
Bungitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 19:34
i4u
Forum Member

The account seems to have gone?