Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Adele 'tempted' to sign $10 million dollar cosmetics contract & move to LA

Old 17-03-2013, 16:40
konebyvax
Forum Member

If you chill, and count to 10, you will see that I was referring to the highlighted section of your comment -

Amy was never anywhere near as big a seller as Adele has proved to be - singles or albums

It isn't rocket science why Amy wasn't as big a seller as Adele is it?

You think my 'theory' is nonsense, well touche

It certainly isn't - it's because she was never as immensely popular as Adele is right now. Simples.
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-03-2013, 17:05
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

It certainly isn't - it's because she was never as immensely popular as Adele is right now. Simples.

No, it was because for the last few years of her life, Amy was a hopeless addict and then died at 27. She never got the chance to make it in the US like Adele has, drink and drugs saw to that.

Who knows what would have happened if Amy had cleaned up her act? We'll never know will we?
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:07
rbautz
Forum Member

No, it was because for the last few years of her life, Amy was a hopeless addict and then died at 27. She never got the chance to make it in the US like Adele has, drink and drugs saw to that.

Who knows what would have happened if Amy had cleaned up her act? We'll never know will we?
But this is going round in circles. Without her addiction, Amy couldn't probably wrote her dark masterwork.
rbautz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:26
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

But this is going round in circles. Without her addiction, Amy couldn't probably wrote her dark masterwork.

It's 'going round in circles' because people can't grasp what I'm saying.
Old 17-03-2013, 18:38
lexi22
Inactive Member

It's 'going round in circles' because people can't grasp what I'm saying.
No, I understand (and agree with) you. Not to take anything away from Adele, I actually think Amy was a much bigger and rarer talent (and of course still a huge loss.) Would she have had the same success as Adele had she recovered properly? I'm not sure, I'm not even sure that that's what Amy was about. I think she just wanted to write/sing and do her thing and wasn't really that bothered about the fame and fortune side of it. So possibly not...
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:39
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

No, I understand (and agree with) you. Not to take anything away from Adele, I actually think Amy was a much bigger and rarer talent (and of course still a huge loss.) Would she have had the same success as Adele had she recovered properly? I'm not sure, I'm not even sure that that's what Amy was about. I think she just wanted to write/sing and do her thing and wasn't really that bothered about the fame and fortune side of it. So possibly not...

Hit the nail on the head Lexi I think Amy was terrified of how massive her fame had become, she couldn't handle it
Old 17-03-2013, 18:40
gav016

deleted.
gav016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:40
coollist
Forum Member

This is definitely a hoax story.

Adele wouldn't risk her credibility by becoming such a sellout after all she has said about people who put their names to products (I think she even singled out diet coke).
The media would have a field day - they built her up and we all know how they love to tear things down.

I also can't think of any make-up brand which promotes the overly made-up look that Adele favours. That's stage make up. It's all about the natural look now
coollist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 18:42
diary_room
Forum Member

Can I just ask how the Sun got those pictures of Adele as a child today?

Are they legit or was it from some dodgy relative wanting to ca$h in?
diary_room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 20:38
my name is joe
Forum Member

i agree, and I also think that describes Adele perfectly.

Can I just ask how the Sun got those pictures of Adele as a child today?

Are they legit or was it from some dodgy relative wanting to ca$h in?
it's usually her estranged father isn't it?
my name is joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 21:20
konebyvax
Forum Member

i agree, and I also think that describes Adele perfectly.

it's usually her estranged father isn't it?

Sadly, this is true.
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 11:22
diary_room
Forum Member

Was it her father again this time? That's awful it it was.
diary_room is offline   Reply With Quote