Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Old 21-11-2012, 15:00
CJClarke
Forum Member

No idea what this years is but I'm pretty sure (did not get it myself) last years was a DVD with about 20 mins of footage.
Edit
See Here

No mention of the format there but I'm sure I saw elsewhere that it was a DVD not BR (seems a bit pointless for an 18 min featurette),
I got that bonus disc with Season 1 and can confirm that it was a Blu Ray disc (just checked it), so i'd assume it'll be the same for Season 2.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-11-2012, 16:05
geordielady
Forum Member

I got that bonus disc with Season 1 and can confirm that it was a Blu Ray disc (just checked it), so i'd assume it'll be the same for Season 2.
Thanks for confirming, if it had been a DVD guess it would have also been in the DVD set.

I have pre-ordered it on sainsburys incase they put the price up and also amazon and will wait and see if any details come to light on the bonus disc run time before deciding. Hard to warrent an extra 6 quid for just 20 minutes of footage that will end up on youtube anyway.
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 15:22
Matt D
Forum Member

I received my complete season 1 "Collector's Edition" Blu-ray box today

Season 1 + episode 1 of season 2 + a dragon egg paperweight, all in a nice big box.

Pre-ordered it months ago from the now defunct Tesco Entertainment.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 19:53
Corwin
Forum Member

One of the 19 Histories that will be on the Season 2 Blu Ray.

Ygritte telling the history of the Wildlings
Corwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32
Corwin
Forum Member

In Production Video for Season 3

Lots of new characters can be spotted.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:31
Corwin
Forum Member

A few Season 3 shots in HBO's video looing forward to 2013.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07
olivej
Forum Member

just got my season 2 boxset this week - love it although disappointed its only 10 episodes!
olivej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 16:53
RedSnapper
Forum Member

just got my season 2 boxset this week - love it although disappointed its only 10 episodes!
?

What were you expecting ? A couple of DVD only episodes created for the box ?
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 17:25
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

?

I'm pretty certain they were referring to it being a shame that the seasons are only 10 episodes generally.
SillyBillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 17:25
olivej
Forum Member

?

I was just a little surprised it was only 10 episodes - just seems short for an entire season no need to be rude about it
olivej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 01:45
PerpetualAscent
Inactive Member

Sansa must have been an exception then, because a more empty headed little miss surely doesn't exist in Westeros....

All Lords are "Noble", only the immediate Royal Family are "Regal". Commoners who are conferred plenipotentiary power (eg: Lord Mountbatten in India) are Vice Regal.

Snow's father died without apparently making provision for him, other than the Night's Watch. So Jon Snow has no standing in society (or wouldn't in England). English Kings and Princes who fathered bastards often created them Dukes. A more thoughtful and enterprising Lord and father than Ned Stark might have arranged to send Jon to the Kingsguard, rather than the wall. Ater all, isn't his half sister about to become Queen?
LMAO at the "sent Jon to the Kingsguard" comment. The Kingsguard are a group of knights chosen by the King (most often highborn) who usually consist of the best knights in the realm who have proven themselves in battle. Even if there had been an opening, what makes you think that Robert would take Jon Snow? But any excuse to hate the Starks, eh?

And Westeros isn't England. I know you take it really seriously but you have to try and remember that GoT is make believe...
PerpetualAscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:06
JonDoe
Forum Member

Well, I finally got round to watching season two and I have to say, I didn't rate it at all.

The only thing I wasn't disappointed with was the casting of Brienne.
JonDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 15:08
ItJustMyOpinion
Forum Member

Two episodes in to the second series box set and it seems as good as series one.
ItJustMyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote