Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Fringe Finale Discussion Thread (saturday 19th January) 1:10am Sky One

Old 31-01-2013, 13:59
Thrombin
Forum Member

Finally sat down to watch the final four episodes of Fringe. As much as I love the series, I have to admit the finale was a major disappointment! Still have to sit down and give it proper thought, but it seemed lazy, it outdid the need for pretty much of the action of the last season and quite honestly it did little for me. As a fan of the show, episodes normally "awake a reaction" in me through my attachment to the characetrs and story, but in all honesty the finale did nothing! Major let down.
No, no, don't give it proper thought. It'll make even less sense then!
Thrombin is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-01-2013, 14:04
Vintage06
Forum Member

Damn, September's Notebook has been delayed. Was looking forward to reading that soon. Another couple of weeks to wait
um um um.. What is this?
Vintage06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 14:10
barracuda91
Forum Member

barracuda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 16:32
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

the whole season was very Matrix-y , the observers were a lot like the Agents and the interrogation scenes and the talk about who should be the next stage of evolution etc.
Agreed. I got the same Matrix vibe as well. Can't say Windmark has a patch on Agent Smith though . It's a pity the Observers didn't quite live up to their billing and hype from earlier seasons. They acted pretty stupid at times during the course of the season.
T.K. Mazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 20:48
geordielady
Forum Member

Finally sat down to watch the final four episodes of Fringe. As much as I love the series, I have to admit the finale was a major disappointment! Still have to sit down and give it proper thought, but it seemed lazy, it outdid the need for pretty much of the action of the last season and quite honestly it did little for me. As a fan of the show, episodes normally "awake a reaction" in me through my attachment to the characetrs and story, but in all honesty the finale did nothing! Major let down.
My thoughts exactly, the "lazy" comment you made really sums it up.

I said it before and will say it again, jeff pinkner leaving the show either on good or bad terms (the jury is still out on this) had a big knock on effect on this final season.
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 20:52
geordielady
Forum Member

Has anyone got any info on what this actual is, amazon dont say a lot.
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 22:48
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

Has anyone got any info on what this actual is, amazon dont say a lot.
It's basically Fringe's version of the Lost encyclopaedia.

In the style of a notebook kept by September it includes profiles on all the characters and storylines from inside the show including concept art and photographs.

Basically a piece of memorabilia of the show.

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.co...strid_full.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...inge-embed.jpg
Joe_Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 23:22
barracuda91
Forum Member

It's basically Fringe's version of the Lost encyclopaedia.

In the style of a notebook kept by September it includes profiles on all the characters and storylines from inside the show including concept art and photographs.

Basically a piece of memorabilia of the show.

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.co...strid_full.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...inge-embed.jpg
Thanks for those images. Looks great. I'm very excited! Need something to keep me going until the complete boxset comes out.
Old 02-02-2013, 13:08
CaptainWindmark
Forum Member

I said it before and will say it again, jeff pinkner leaving the show either on good or bad terms (the jury is still out on this) had a big knock on effect on this final season.
Can't help but agree with this.
CaptainWindmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 16:31
barracuda91
Forum Member

September's Notebook arrived today. I have just flicked through it so far and it looks wonderful. Case files, September's notes, envelopes with letters and posters. It looks like a great book to read and I can't wait to get through it.
Old 18-03-2013, 17:54
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

Received mine today too. It's awesome.

Liked the foreword from Pinkner and Wyman and have just started to read through. Found a minor error, but other than that a very good little memento.
Old 18-03-2013, 21:47
T.K. Mazin
Forum Member

Feels such a long time since the finale aired. Forgotten most of it .
T.K. Mazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:17
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

^^^ Yeah, if you told me it ended last May I wouldn't question you.

Feels ages, I feel like re-watching it again though. Reading the notebook is getting me hooked again.
Old 18-03-2013, 22:54
MassiveDynamics
Forum Member

Sky are showing Fringe in the early hours on Sky 2, it is up to Season 3 now.

I watched Season 1 on blu-ray a couple of weeks ago, I had forgotten just how brilliant the start of the pilot episode was.

The 747 is flying through a thunderstorm after all the crew and passenger died from the bio weapon and it zooms out to show the plane, the clouds and the lightning accompanied by the piano music - absolutely top quality CGI and a brilliantly edited lead in to the titles.
MassiveDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 01:16
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

I may get September's Notebook. I got the Lost Encyclopedia and absolutely love it, so it will be nice to have a similar item for Fringe. I wasn't a big fan of the end, but I adored the show in general.
SillyBillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 14:26
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

I'd love the limited edition, which includes a small box with a chunk of amber in but the price is extortionate and only sold in US I think.
Old 19-03-2013, 14:35
barracuda91
Forum Member

A limited edition with a block of amber? I like the sound of that!

Do you have a link to this? I couldn't seem to find one.
Old 19-03-2013, 14:41
Joe_Zel
Inactive Member

https://twitter.com/FringeNotebook/s...22869614465025

It's available from May. Only 300 are being made.

As much as I'd love a piece of amber, $250 is not worth it just for a couple extra posters in the book.
Old 19-03-2013, 14:57
barracuda91
Forum Member

Woah, yeah, it would be nice to have that but it's definitely not worth spending $250 on. I think I'll just stick to the posters I have! Thanks anyway.
Old 20-05-2013, 11:50
hammerfan
Forum Member

I realise I'm late to the party (as usual), but only watched the final yesterday and am still feeling a little "meh" at the ending. Thanks for the links on Septembers notebook though - that's now on order!

Started reading all through this thread & thought my brain was going to explode at everyone's explanations of paradoxes! All in all, a great romp, with the first 3 seasons being stronger, but still glad I stuck with it till the end. Will give it a bit of a break then probably do a re-watch at some point & play "spot the observer"!
hammerfan is offline   Reply With Quote