Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

Old 19-12-2012, 23:38
StressMonkey
Forum Member

I knew someone would say this. Its the same effect they used to show that Curtis could travel back in time. As for the splitting up they used the same one for simon even though his power was invisibility.
The opening credits have never been explicit but it still isn't true to say Rudy's power isn't shown - even if shown in a fairly poor way

It didn't bother me because I thought it was supposed to be a red herring after they sold their powers. I really don't think they will reveal her power in the credits if it's like alisha's (first) one, and just really hard to describe.

This being said what if she doesn't have a power and just has memory loss. Or even better memory loss after abusing her power (i.e. someone took her memory to stop her evil plans since they couldn't take her power)?
Could be - we're going to have to settle for speculation for a while yet - but at least we know there will be a season 5 and the possibility of finding out
StressMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-12-2012, 10:18
discodolly25
Forum Member

How good would it've been if the 4 horsemen were the 4 dead probation workers hehe
discodolly25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 19:43
cold_as_stone
Forum Member

Am I missing something?

1. What was the nuns power?
2. Why did she have to be killed by the 4 horsemen?
cold_as_stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 19:59
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Am I missing something?

1. What was the nuns power?
2. Why did she have to be killed by the 4 horsemen?
Her power was to bring forth the four horsemen of the apocalypse when people around her are 'bad' - which is why they appeared at the end when Finn, Jess, Abbey & Alex were fighting. And why she had to stay in the convent - away from the evils of the world that might cause her to accidentally bring forth the 4HMotA.

Because it was her power, the only way to get rid of the horsemen was for her to die.

HTH

Last edited by StressMonkey : 20-12-2012 at 20:01. Reason: Added a bit
Old 21-12-2012, 08:58
emma555
Forum Member

Her power was to bring forth the four horsemen of the apocalypse when people around her are 'bad' - which is why they appeared at the end when Finn, Jess, Abbey & Alex were fighting. And why she had to stay in the convent - away from the evils of the world that might cause her to accidentally bring forth the 4HMotA.

Because it was her power, the only way to get rid of the horsemen was for her to die.

HTH
Yeah, but it makes no sense, because surely she has summoned them already, and she wasn't killed that time?

I guess you could hypothesise that the convent provided a form of sanctuary.
emma555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 01:55
Mr Master X
Forum Member

How did they know this was her power though? Surely this means they were summoned before and "put back in the box" as it were?
Mr Master X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:49
Golem Xof
Forum Member

This might be an unsatisfactory answer but maybe when Nadine acquired that power she just knew or felt in her mind that she was capable of doing it and she told the other nuns and they believed her and kept her isolated.

Or maybe it happened that at first she conjured up the Four Horsemen but since the power was new to her, or maybe the badness she witnessed wasn't so extreme, that they did not materialise as fully as in the episode and so maybe they faded away without the need for Nadine to be killed.
Golem Xof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 13:59
emma555
Forum Member

No matter how you look at it, it's bad writing.
emma555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:15
JonDoe
Forum Member

No.

The show's moved on from them.
Only because it had to.
JonDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 20:41
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Only because it had to.
True but it's still moved on as have the actors themselves.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:15
threecheeses
Forum Member

I just thought when she was exposed to naughtiness that they appeared and killed the bad ones she saw and went, so hid in the convent to not be exposed to anything else that would call them back, so maybe they just killed someone before that she saw doing something bad and went.
As bad is always going to be around her she died to take them away, it must have been that or all her new friends dying and them disappearing and her living in the convent forever?
threecheeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 14:25
StressMonkey
Forum Member

I just thought when she was exposed to naughtiness that they appeared and killed the bad ones she saw and went, so hid in the convent to not be exposed to anything else that would call them back, so maybe they just killed someone before that she saw doing something bad and went.
As bad is always going to be around her she died to take them away, it must have been that or all her new friends dying and them disappearing and her living in the convent forever?
That makes sense
Old 10-01-2013, 00:18
priscilla
Forum Member

I know this late, but just finished watching series 4. Personally I think its not as good as 1-3, I loved 1-2 and 3 was good but 4 I found quite boring there was little focus on their powers and just not the same as the others without Rudy this series would have been really boring. I did enjoy the rabbit ep.

I know the actors have probably moved on but I wish the old cast could return for the last ever series, Simon could do some superhoodie thing and save himself and Alisha and the others just return.
priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 21:38
MrSuper
Forum Member

Misfits back for Season 5. Yay!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/...channel-4.html
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 12:13
jaimesw
Forum Member

Still got the whole of season 4 to watch still on my Tivo box, is it worth watching? A few times my finger has hovered over the Delete series button!
jaimesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 13:04
handymelon
Forum Member

It took a few eps to bed in but I think it's worth seeing. The newcomers are not immediately likeable, but I think it's easy to forget that a lot of the original characters were rather unpleasant and only developed as the series went on.

Give it a go, and I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
handymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 14:17
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Not surprised but with Howard Overman also working on Atlantis, I do wonder if Series 5 will be it's last though.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote