The Sun in another phone hacking scandal.

i4ui4u Posts: 54,926
Forum Member
MP Siobhain McDonagh has been paid £50,000 for 'serious misuse of her private information and her mobile telephone' by the Sun after her phone had been stolen.

This isn't an old claim from 2006 this happened in 2010, surely The Sun editor has to resign.

The phone was stolen on October 17 2010...
...in June last year police notified her that they had “obtained evidence that The Sun newspaper had accessed her text messages from about October 2010 and therefore appeared to have accessed and/or acquired her mobile phone”.
Dinah Rose QC, for the defendants, told the judge: “They accept that the information on the claimant's mobile telephone should not have been accessed and used and furthermore accept that there has been a serious misuse of her private information.

With all that's happened with the News of The World and the tosh about just one rogue reporter, at least the editor of the Sun should be fired or fall on his sword.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Jesus, if those hacks can hack phones to no end, then I guess this means with the advent of the internet, all phone communications went out the window as well...

Hell it was probably thx-1138 all along anyways...
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,926
    Forum Member
    Now the Deputy Editor of The Sun has been charged with paying a public official for information.