Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Andre's "suffering"

Closed Thread
Old 21-03-2013, 20:18
Blondie X
Forum Member

No he sure isn't the devil incarnate but I don't recall anyone ever saying that he was.
Are any of these z list fools we like to laugh at on here really the devil incarnate? Or are they just a bunch of daft, attention seeking saps who make us laugh and roll our eyes in equal measure.

It does seem funny that we seem to be able to point and laugh at certain subjects but if we dare to do the same for others, we get the Spanish Inquisition from people who are happy to rip their own personal targets to shreds over the tiniest thing that happened (or even didn't actually happen) decades ago.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-03-2013, 20:21
Betty Britain

Are any of these z list fools we like to laugh at on here really the devil incarnate? Or are they just a bunch of daft, attention seeking saps who make us laugh and roll our eyes in equal measure.

It does seem funny that we seem to be able to point and laugh at certain subjects but if we dare to do the same for others, we get the Spanish Inquisition from people who are happy to rip their own personal targets to shreds over the tiniest thing that happened (or even didn't actually happen) decades ago.
When I pointed that out earlier I was given a telling off
Old 21-03-2013, 20:24
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

How awful to use your bereavement in such a commercial way.
Jordan would do the same, so would Katona....
Old 21-03-2013, 20:25
Blondie X
Forum Member

When I pointed that out earlier I was given a telling off
What, by the mods?
Old 21-03-2013, 20:27
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

The emboldened part says it all and I am calling 'time' on the Inquisition from now on.

Anyone who would like a 'genuine' trouble-making question answered from now on will hopefully also be ignored by all and sundry.
Old 21-03-2013, 20:29
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

Is this the new thread for the new show?

Anyway, I only hope for one thing, and one thing alone. That we get to see a lot of something very beautiful during its run. That is of course Malta.

I thought the new show wasn't due until the end of the year. I'll have to get on to my sources about that little bit of mis-information.
Old 21-03-2013, 20:43
Betty Britain

What, by the mods?
No Blondie .. By another poster
Old 21-03-2013, 20:53
lexi22
Inactive Member

Is this the new thread for the new show?

Anyway, I only hope for one thing, and one thing alone. That we get to see a lot of something very beautiful during its run. That is of course Malta.
Oh yes, let's have lots of Ambassadoraging.

Maybe we'll also see him get this best international artist award that according to the Malta Music Awards went to someone called Gotye... which is similar to 'Andre'... apart from the 'g' and the 'o' and the 't' and the 'y'...
Old 21-03-2013, 20:55
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

Pete enjoys a much-needed day off with his children....
What does he do on his days on? Anytime I catch the show he is usually fannying about getting photos taken, going to letter openings, washing out a coffee cup and calling it housework or writing up his moral manifesto for the furtherance of humankind.(in crayon)
I've just remembered when PA stipulated that his ideal woman must be "single, childless, prefer enjoying friendship rather than parties and must have parents who are still married to each other". The last bit floored me. Having kids himself, he's also a hypocrite. Perhaps he should look in a Jane Austen Novel for a woman.

It's this faux-morality that makes me laugh. This is the man who procreated with and married Katie Price!!!!
Old 21-03-2013, 21:03
artlesschaos
Forum Member

....and again the point that if he ignored it, I'm certain you'd say he was cold and unfeeling.

It seems there's absolutely no pleasing people who dislike him.
You could say that about anyone who posts negatively about any zeleb in showbizland.

There are no zelebs that I defend for being media whores. I don't like any of them. Talentless wanabees selling their own and their families lives just so they can tell us about whatever little nugget of "truth" that week.

However, at some point I have defended all of them for something, or dismissed an accusation against them, or waited to see if we were getting a different truth.

Most of us are not mindless attack dogs. Most of us are able to separate the truth, the attack worthy, the mock-material and the stuff that just stinks of misinformation - both pro and con.
Old 21-03-2013, 21:05
Betty Britain

Maybe we'll also see him get this best international artist award that according to the Malta Music Awards went to someone called Gotye... which is similar to 'Andre'... apart from the 'g' and the 'o' and the 't' and the 'y'...
What award did he win? Because I can't see his name on the winners list
Old 21-03-2013, 21:06
scone
Forum Member

Women fans aren't interested in his kids or his girlfriend, they just want to see him strike poses half naked like he does in his calendar. Most of them mute the volume.
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 21-03-2013, 21:09
Butterface
Forum Member

Just read the synop. The usual self-indulgent drivel by the look of it. Let me whizz though the series for you so you can free up your lives:

Pete loves his kids. But more than you love yours. He is the only joint-custody single dad in the world and that deserve special focus and praise. Watch him set up funny things for them to say for the film crew. Ahhhh! He's such a good dad.

A trip to some organised fun with the kids and film crew that involves heights. Pete's too afraid to go on non-descript height fun. He feels like he's failed as a father.

Random issue with ex wife that involves him and Claire looking at each other sternly over some fruit they don't eat in Dubai.

Some crying and walking away form camera due to some overshared moment or other to the sound track of Snow Patrol.

Unrealistic talk of imagined future musical success.

All this while the narrator tells you what's going on and how Pete is feeling as if you are an android or four.

Now run, run and be free!
Absolutely brilliant post Thanks for giving me a good laugh
Old 21-03-2013, 21:13
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

... close enough though,
Old 21-03-2013, 21:25
cazzz
Forum Member

It's always good to have an objective voice on these threads to make us stop and think about what we're saying. Thank you, Pru, for being that person.

@Cazzz - I know! Daisy has done a very thorough job.
That doesn't make you redundant, your reviewage is loved by many
Old 21-03-2013, 21:52
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

"suffering"? .. just in time for Easter.
Old 21-03-2013, 23:59
NotaTypo
Forum Member

I've just remembered when PA stipulated that his ideal woman must be "single, childless, prefer enjoying friendship rather than parties and must have parents who are still married to each other". The last bit floored me. Having kids himself, he's also a hypocrite.
Way to stigmatise his own kids eh? Neither of his children would be suitable marriage material by his criteria.
Perhaps he should look in a Jane Austen Novel for a woman.
Or buy a Russian bride on the internet.

It's this faux-morality that makes me laugh. This is the man who procreated with and married Katie Price!!!!
Likes his bitchezzz klassy does PAndre!
Old 22-03-2013, 07:39
Blondie X
Forum Member

No Blondie .. By another poster
Don't worry about that Betty. Other posters don't run the forum
Old 22-03-2013, 08:17
bunny55
Forum Member

How can Wheatley keep a straight face in the trailer for the "suffering"

"Pete keeps going and going"

Unfortunately he comes back
Old 22-03-2013, 08:18
IvanIV
Forum Member

It ain't easy being Pete. And now he has a suffering of all the Cyprus on his shoulders And rich Russian millionaires on top of that
Old 22-03-2013, 08:33
Cym
Forum Member

The latest press release for his reality show is obviously marketing his "suffering" (their own words)

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1we...-andre-my-life

How awful to use your bereavement in such a commercial way.
Really thought he was being respectful to the memory of his brother by keeping a low media profile on the subject, when infact, he was just keeping it all quiet and together to flog his new show with what a piece of ..........
Ive never ever seen any zeleb sell/use the tragedy of losing a family member like this before on an entertainment show, it really is off the scale of disgust that any loving brother or family would allow the memory of one of their own to be used in this way
Old 22-03-2013, 09:21
scone
Forum Member

To be fair his brothers death is something that has happened in his life, he can't just ignore it because he has cameras following him about. He's bound to be talking about it or people would think it is odd
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 22-03-2013, 09:24
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

To be fair his brothers death is something that has happened in his life, he can't just ignore it because he has cameras following him about. He's bound to be talking about it or people would think it is odd
A very sensible argument scone, and one I've brought up ^.

But as it's Peter Andre he can't do anything right. If he wears his feelings on the outside, he's wrong. If he keeps them to himself, he's wrong. There's really no pleasing some people as far as PA goes.

Old 22-03-2013, 09:26
sidsgirl
Forum Member

Exactly. It was a major thing to hit that family. He couldn't do a show about his life, and ignore a trauma like that could he.
Old 22-03-2013, 09:55
mr muggles
Forum Member

I have no time in my (precious) life for Andre & his relentless self promotion.
So, instead of creating lengthy threads about him, I simply dont watch his programme. I certainly never by any daily lie-papers either.

No publicity- no money.

Kick him where it hurts.

Dont 'feed' the machine.

Closed Thread