Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

YODEL Delivery service, still utter crap! why?!

Old 23-03-2013, 18:52
JayPee86
Inactive Member

After the huge negativity they have had over the past couple of years, I thought everything would be fine when spending the WHOLE DAY today waiting for my parcel.
Nope, I get a text at 9am this morning , parcel on its way, apparently .
I checked the tracking a couple of times today, and it still had the status that parcel was out for delivery , its now approaching 7pm, I check the status again , and it says a delivery attempt was made and a card left. NO delivery attempt has been made and no card left !!
I want these idiots to deliver it tomorrow (Sunday). Possible ?
JayPee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-03-2013, 18:55
Ginger Nut
Forum Member

To be fair to them the weather may well be a factor at the moment.
Ginger Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 18:59
JayPee86
Inactive Member

Where i live its been sunny intervals all day its no less than 4 degrees and no snow in sight.
Also why does that mean they can pretend they attempted a delivery !
Old 23-03-2013, 19:00
Cutecheeks
Forum Member

They are useless beyond belief, my friend is married to the Manager of our local depot, and he's useless. Half the stuff in their depot is broken deliberately if they are peed off about something, he was laughing at a party about a month ago that a vintage case of wine being send for a wedding reception was smashed on purpose when two guys openly said the rich buggers could go without. The place is a joke !
Cutecheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 19:19
phantom sneeze
Forum Member

I received my package okay.
phantom sneeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:06
bryemycaz
Forum Member

After the huge negativity they have had over the past couple of years, I thought everything would be fine when spending the WHOLE DAY today waiting for my parcel.
I checked the tracking a couple of times today, and it still had the status that parcel was out for delivery , its now approaching 7pm, I check the status again , and it says a delivery attempt was made and a card left. NO delivery attempt has been made and no card left !!
Just check they haven't left it outside your door. That's what they do round here. Nobody has signed for it just left there. I took my neighbours parcel in myself the other week. I left them a note but Yodel had not left them one just dumped it on the doorstep in full view of the street.
bryemycaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:11
stud u like
Forum Member

Check they have not dumped it anywhere. They have been known to leave it in wheelie bins and sometimes they toss them over fences.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:21
Gogfumble
Forum Member

The delivery attempt card left message is automatic when they haven't managed to get the package to you for whatever reason (be it they actually tried to deliver and there was no answer, the weather, they ran out of time, broke down, had an accident etc etc).
Gogfumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:32
woodbush
Forum Member

It must depend where you live. I've never had a problem with them. My parcel I ordered on Thursday arrived today.

I spoke to the driver before about Yodel complaints and he understands but he has always been good.
woodbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:48
watfordjunction
Inactive Member

I agree that you would have thought they should have improved by now, but if companies like Amazon are still using them I guess this is where the majority of the income is coming from.
watfordjunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:09
ASIFZED
Forum Member

Same here. The cretins state on their website that 2 deliveries were attempted and 2 cards left for a Prime delivery that I was expecting. No cards whatsoever received, and just hoping they deliver my item on Monday. Peeved, that Amazon continue to use them.
ASIFZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:47
chocoholic100
Forum Member

Where i live its been sunny intervals all day its no less than 4 degrees and no snow in sight.
what was the route from the depot like or any other areas that were scheduled for delivery?
Weather may have had a factor.
chocoholic100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 00:16
grace_bozzy
Forum Member

I hate Yodel, they delivered my bridesmaid dresses and threw them over the fence, I had no idea they were there until I phoned Debenhams!
grace_bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:03
WhisperingGhost
Forum Member

I had a nightmare with them with a Xmas present in December. Worst service I have ever received.
WhisperingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:15
koantemplation
Forum Member

How is that fair when the OP said they said they tried to deliver and put a card through the door when their was no card and no attempt?
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:31
husted
Forum Member

Yodel delivery drivers get crap money and try to do too many deliveries. They get 50-60p per parcel.

Service is inevitably crap.
husted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:23
lolly-licker
Forum Member

I've only ever used them once, when they were delivering my iPhone and they managed to get that right...
But I don't understand (unless they're incredibly cheap) why Amazon and Mobiles4u use them, when there are so many complaints!
lolly-licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:38
c00kiemonster72
Forum Member

I made a big complaint in a twitter post about Yodel, and was directly contacted by them and we managed to sort out the problems

I will say though I've only experienced problems with Yodel when they deliver to my home address, to work the service is very good.

I did make a complaint to Amazon once about yodel and they said that items are delivered by certain delivery companies depending on the where the warehouse is located in the country.
c00kiemonster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:41
2shy2007
Forum Member

They are useless, they lied about trying to deliver a parcel to me last week, I was in all day and they said they had tried to deliver and I had refused the parcel, it went all the way back to where it started, at the original depot, then came all the way back and was delivered a week later. Why do they feel the need to lie?
2shy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 12:10
Ginger Nut
Forum Member

I did wonder if you might live somewhere the weather has been alright. I suppose it is possible the item bounced thru a regional depot affected by the weather.

However, I didn't read your OP completely to see they'd claimed delivery. In light of that then it's just down to their legendary shitness then.
Ginger Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 15:14
JayPee86
Inactive Member

They are useless, they lied about trying to deliver a parcel to me last week, I was in all day and they said they had tried to deliver and I had refused the parcel, it went all the way back to where it started, at the original depot, then came all the way back and was delivered a week later. Why do they feel the need to lie?
i think they are telling me porky pies again.
i rang up this morning and a woman said she was very sorry for the inconvenience, and that she would pass on my phone number so i was aware at what time the parcel would be getting delivered today.
i have had no call/text as yet. and the status on the website just says 'out for delivery'.
she could not explain why the website said there was a note through my door saying they attempted delivery.

im really still miffed, why do companies use Yodel STILL ?!
they must be extremely cheap.
Old 25-03-2013, 15:17
Tinky-Winky
Inactive Member

Hi,

I boycott any company that uses Yodel for deliveries.

TW
Tinky-Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 17:09
codeblue
Forum Member

same here, i refused to buy from amazon because of yodel
codeblue is online now   Reply With Quote