Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 23-03-2013, 15:21
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

I think that problem does exist with women too, definitely not as much as men though.
I think the problem for bisexual women is if they settle down to with a man they're considered straight and that anything they had with women were phases.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-03-2013, 15:24
Sally77
Forum Member

I believe people can be bi( both men and women), but my opinion I think that Duncan James is gay. When he first came out he said he was bi, I think this was more out of respect to his child and her mother as the child at the time was very young, perhaps to him saying bi sounded better than coming out and saying gay.

Either way doesn't bother me, as long as he is happy and his child is loved by mother and father.
Sally77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 15:45
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

It's virtually impossible to create a bisexual identity for yourself. My best friend is a bisexual guy and although he'd privately identify as bi, he's happy enough with people calling him gay and wouldn't correct them if they did. He would probably be a 4 or 5 on the Kinsey scale though. 1's or 2's would probably not even bother coming out of the closet and would try to maintain a heterosexual identity
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 15:46
hunter23
Forum Member

olly murs
hunter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 16:00
I23
Forum Member

Is there any truth that Valerie Singleton is gay. Also I think I read that Sue Lawley was gay.
I23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 16:04
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Is there any truth that Valerie Singleton is gay. Also I think I read that Sue Lawley was gay.
No and no.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...sion.gayrights

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/...good-life.html
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 16:25
whatever54
Forum Member

don't forget Moira Stewart, although could be an urban myth
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 16:57
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

don't forget Moira Stewart, although could be an urban myth
I don't think she's ever said whether she is or not.

Fair enough - no one really needs to know.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 17:29
Moffgal
Forum Member

I got the impression Duncan is now definitely identifying himself as gay. Purely from the comment he made which went along the lines of 'Back then I was still sleeping with girls', as if it's something he wouldn't do now.
Moffgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 19:57
Cryolemon
Forum Member

It's virtually impossible to create a bisexual identity for yourself. My best friend is a bisexual guy and although he'd privately identify as bi, he's happy enough with people calling him gay and wouldn't correct them if they did. He would probably be a 4 or 5 on the Kinsey scale though. 1's or 2's would probably not even bother coming out of the closet and would try to maintain a heterosexual identity
I consider myself around 3 on that scale, and I would nearly always correct people, unless I had a vested interest in not doing. I probably could maintain a heterosexual identity, but I wouldn't feel right doing so.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 20:01
TTTango
Forum Member

Duncan from Blue on Ant and Decs Saturday night takeaway
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 21:17
sands11

Robbie Williams was on a few weeks ago too.
sands11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 21:21
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

People are defined by society by who they're dating. A man dating a woman is automatically assumed to be straight. A man dating a man is automatically assumed to be gay. Trying to challenge that and constantly tell people that you're actually bisexual is tiresome and usually pointless given how closed minded most people are, so it's obvious why people tend to give up and lose their bisexual identity. A bisexual guy who prefers women is very unlikely to come out, there's almost no positives to doing so
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 22:39
TTTango
Forum Member

Robbie Williams was on a few weeks ago too.
So were Louis Walsh and Alan Carr
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:26
Gigi4
Forum Member

People are defined by society by who they're dating. A man dating a woman is automatically assumed to be straight. A man dating a man is automatically assumed to be gay. Trying to challenge that and constantly tell people that you're actually bisexual is tiresome and usually pointless given how closed minded most people are, so it's obvious why people tend to give up and lose their bisexual identity. A bisexual guy who prefers women is very unlikely to come out, there's almost no positives to doing so
Exactly, I totally agree. It sounds politically incorrect, but actually I find a lot of straight people are more accepting of bisexuality. Even though they call it the LGBT community, a lot of gay people don't accept bisexuality. They think bisexuals are liars and are in denial about being gay. You aren't accepted in the gay community if you have sex with both genders. So if you come out as bisexual you won't be accepted in the traditional gay community so it doesn't work to come out like it does for a 100% gay person.
Gigi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:33
SuperDude95
Forum Member

He seems so awkward talking about his girlfriends and first crush
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 23:45
FMKK
Forum Member

Exactly, I totally agree. It sounds politically incorrect, but actually I find a lot of straight people are more accepting of bisexuality. Even though they call it the LGBT community, a lot of gay people don't accept bisexuality. They think bisexuals are liars and are in denial about being gay. You aren't accepted in the gay community if you have sex with both genders. So if you come out as bisexual you won't be accepted in the traditional gay community so it doesn't work to come out like it does for a 100% gay person.
That wouldn't be a massive generalisation or anything now, would it be?
FMKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 00:00
Gigi4
Forum Member

That wouldn't be a massive generalisation or anything now, would it be?
It's what I feel. I read that all the time from interviews with gay celebrities and in the gay media. If someone admits they have had relationships with both genders, they are genuinely ridiculed by the gay press and the gay community whereas a lot of straight people say it doesn't matter who you sleep with and they don't care. If you are bisexual, it's like you've betrayed the gay community in some way. People can't accept shades of grey when it comes to sexuality. The gay community wants you to wave their flag.
Gigi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:15
Tulip19
Forum Member

I think the problem for bisexual women is if they settle down to with a man they're considered straight and that anything they had with women were phases.
One of the joys of living in a patriarchal society is that female sexuality is not taken seriously and/or is commodified.

yay
Tulip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:17
Tulip19
Forum Member

but
Tulip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 01:55
Conehead
Forum Member

Quentin Crisp.
Conehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 13:19
foxy23
Forum Member

So has Duncan James from Blue come out and say he is gay now, or is it still bi....?
foxy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 15:31
Cryolemon
Forum Member

So has Duncan James from Blue come out and say he is gay now, or is it still bi....?
No-one seems very sure lol.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 15:45
I23
Forum Member

I23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 01:53
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Why is it that it's fine for us to name celebrities that we "know" are gay in this thread but we can't use names in the '100% alleged' thread? That's a genuine question, not outraged criticism!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote