Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Victoria Beckham Never Sing Again

Old 24-03-2013, 18:09
soulboy77
Forum Member

Victoria Beckham Never Sing Again ........until the Spice Girls get another big money offer to perform sometime in the future.
soulboy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-03-2013, 18:38
sparkle22
Forum Member

she was never that bad cheryl cole is worse at least she knew she wasn't a great singer unless cheryl who has somehow released three albums if the story is true it's a shame.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 18:54
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

No real loss.....

There is one thing that confuses me, the spice girls are not really a fully functional group. They have all gone their separate ways so in reality they have in fact split up, SO why ask for a new band member to a band that has split up???

Okay they RE-UNITED for the Olympics but VB was nearly a no show, mainly because she wasn't that welcome. But that was just a reunion and nothing else....
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 20:10
violetcrawley
Forum Member

http://youtu.be/xbVlJU0VZl4
violetcrawley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 20:12
zummigummi
Inactive Member

Victoria's unreleased album "Open Your Eyes" is fabulous.
zummigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 20:13
zummigummi
Inactive Member

In terms of solo career, Emma's material was the best IMO. The rest were largely forgettable.
I disagree with that Geri & Melanie C's first solo albums were both very strong records that alot of artists would kill to have their vocals on.

Both sold very well also.
zummigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 20:30
sharon7
Forum Member

I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news......... it joins the day I heard about Diana's death as one of the all time shocking news moments.

Never to sing again.... its hard to even type the words really....so difficult to accept.
That's brilliant!
sharon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 20:44
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

she was never that bad cheryl cole is worse at least she knew she wasn't a great singer unless cheryl who has somehow released three albums if the story is true it's a shame.

Geri released 3 albums, and couldn't sing to save her life.
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 22:12
quasimoron
Forum Member

Victoria was never meant to be a singer lol but she has great fashion sense and is an excellent designer, so she has found her niche.
quasimoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 00:25
jazzyjazzy
Forum Member

This exactly and she does it well.

and gets somebody else to do it for her and puts her name to it.
jazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 00:27
jazzyjazzy
Forum Member

Victoria was never meant to be a singer lol but she has great fashion sense and is an excellent designer, so she has found her niche.
designer my a*se - not in a million years - VB branding.
jazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 08:41
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

Lots of comments about how the rest of the Spice Girls are sad,trying to drag out their fame, but I think that's a bit unfair. They had a very successful brand so why shouldn't they continue to capitalise on it? They obviously wanted to play the Queen's jubilee and could not contain their frustration. Westlife, Take That, they're all lost a singer and carried on, the SP should be allowed to do the same?

Equally, VB needs to stop using the SP brand to promote her goods because rocking up late and sulking just to get your clothes noticed is disrespectful to the rest of the girls. She obviously did some sor tof deal with the Olympics where by her name would be included in the British Fashion Icons section to a global audience in exchange for her appearance.

Let them go on as a 4 piece, do a Saturday Night show, recruit a new member, whatever. Whatever you think of their music, they have been held to ransom long enough and all parties need to be able to do what they want to now.
Daisy Bennyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 10:35
haphash
Forum Member

Why on earth would she need to be replaced in the Spice Girls? She was the weakest singer and never did any lead parts. If the others want to continue (looking well past it) that's their business but replacing her would be pointless.
haphash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 10:52
Mr Dangerous
Inactive Member

Why on earth would she need to be replaced in the Spice Girls? She was the weakest singer and never did any lead parts. If the others want to continue (looking well past it) that's their business but replacing her would be pointless.
exactly..I don't understand this replacement announcement at all.
Mr Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:10
lee_w
Forum Member

It's clear Melanie C is the singer and has her own music label and makes good music she's big in Europe and gigs regularly and vb is doing clothes with her own label Emma does radio and mel b does TV and Geri well I'm not sure what she does
lee_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:12
Digital Sid
Forum Member

Doesn't not signing again require you to have sung in the first place?
Digital Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:19
*Topaz*
Forum Member

designer my a*se - not in a million years - VB branding.
I agree but some people on here seem to insist that she is one because her brand is successful - to me she's no more a 'designer' than she was a 'singer'.

She is clever in the way she's got a very talented team behind her, took advice from people in the fashion world - changed her image and rebranded herself and in the way she uses the media to ensure her brand is always visible - but I refuse to believe just because of the hype and her success that makes her a 'designer'.
*Topaz* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:34
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Geri well I'm not sure what she does
S*d all apart from Tweeting pics of herself on the Tube with the plebs and being papped taking her daughter to school.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 01:06
THEXFACTORKING
Forum Member

She was so pointless in the spice girls. When Geri left it was huge, however if Posh left it would of not mattered.

The spice girls should go on as a 4sem, and posh can sit with her tacky fashion label.
THEXFACTORKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 10:40
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Well, the Spice Girls was just a vehicle for her, wasn't it? She fitted a prototype for a new type of girl band and singing wasn't the most important quality required at the time, so it seems! Some of the others did the 'carrying', vocally (still think that Mel C was the strongest). She seems to have done better as a celebrity wife/mum, fashion icon and clothes horse (think 'designer' is taking it a bit far), etc. so good luck to her. The pouting is so 'over', though. It's become a bit paradoxical.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 11:45
RayofLight
Forum Member

She could sing though that's the thing... much better singer than Cheryl Cole / Geri Halliwell.
RayofLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 12:06
icanboogie
Forum Member

yeah, Victoria improved and was brilliant at the xmas gigs they did.
icanboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 19:21
muddipaws
Forum Member

She never sang in the first place!
muddipaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 19:46
stargazer61
Forum Member

How can she never sing again when she has never sung in the first place?

Designer? She is no more s designer than I am! Learning the trade takes years - she has a team working for her that does all the work of designing, pattern cutting, fabric selection, garment construction
stargazer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 23:22
Rooftopcowboy
Forum Member

The Spice Girls are foolish to carry on, their 2007 comeback went well, their Olympics comeback was even better (it was the 2nd most watched clip of entire Olympics, after Usain Bolt's 100m Gold Medal) and they could easily make more comebacks at big events in the future...but I don't think the public are interested in new music and a permanent comeback. It is the big old hits people want to hear.
Rooftopcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote